mtbr member
    +1 :thumbsup

SoSlo
    yeah +1 again
    The Slow One

Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by jennytalia
    That's all.
    Phoenix Landis is probably the most honest LBS I've had dealings with. Rage is a close second. I would only go to the Scottsdale Landis as a last resort. If you have an issue with any Landis store. I would suggest speaking with Bob. I'm sure he would like to hear what the issue may be just like any owner would.
    Currently at Mayo Clinic being tested for a kidney transplant. Donors welcome.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    The only one worth visiting IMO is the 2005 version of the north tempe location. Other than that the shop is full of a bunch of hammers, wrenches, pliers, in other words...Tools.

mtbr member
    floyd.

Got a suspension fork
    Landis tried talking me out of 2Bliss tires and into Saguro TNT's fir my Bontrager Rhythm Elites, I told him that I was pretty sure those tires won't mount with the Bontrager plastic TLR rim strip and he told me they do it all the time. Well they must have a secret way of doing it because everybody says it can't be done without crazy force to get them on. I think the guy was only interested in selling me what he had on the wall instead if ordering what I wanted. The Pig just picked up Specialized though so I can get some Purgatories there.
    ONE SHOX, ONE GEAR, LOTS of FUN! www.TrailFu.com My Rides

livin' the dream......
    Randy, I love my Saguaro's (UST)s over my 2Bliss for what it's worth. I run them on my DT Swiss 450's and have no issues.

I was not able to get the 2Bliss to set up with Stans and was running tubes and honestly pinch flatting on almost every ride. I went with the LBS I got my Stumpy at, got the Saguaro's set up tubless and have not had an issue.

It IS a pain getting that UST bead off & on the tire when adding Stans, but that is the only complaint.

I hear ya on getting the hard sell on something you were not looking for.....

Shovel Ready
    Saguaro TNT's are hard to get on just about any rim from what I understand. It was tough getting on the Flow rim with strip. TNT is working good but as soon as DNA gets in a Captain with GRID. I'll replace the TNT Saguaro as I don't think I would have much luck doing a trail repair with it.

I just mounted the 2.4 Purgatory 29'er on the front of my bike. It sure has some volume to it. Worked great tubeless on the Flow rim. Still finding the right PSI for me though. Seems to wonder a little but I don't have enough rides on it to like/dislike it yet.

I have not found a shop yet that does not want to first try and sell you what they have on the shelf. Jeff at the Phx Landis has ordered lots of stuff for me in the past. Even sent stuff back at no charge when it did not work out. So again without sounding like a sales rep. The Phx store has treated me well.

Got a suspension fork
    Quote Originally Posted by tjkm
    Randy, I love my Saguaro's (UST)s over my 2Bliss for what it's worth. I run them on my DT Swiss 450's and have no issues.

I was not able to get the 2Bliss to set up with Stans and was running tubes and honestly pinch flatting on almost every ride. I went with the LBS I got my Stumpy at, got the Saguaro's set up tubless and have not had an issue.

It IS a pain getting that UST bead off & on the tire when adding Stans, but that is the only complaint.

I hear ya on getting the hard sell on something you were not looking for.....
    What can I say, I agree with Shiggy and Guitar Ted that the Bontrager TLR system is awesome. While I have no first hand experience with Stan's I have a lot of nearby experience and let's just say I am not giving up my Bontragers any time soon. In fact I picked up a set of Bontrager SS TLR wheels for the new SS on order.
    ONE SHOX, ONE GEAR, LOTS of FUN! www.TrailFu.com My Rides

mtbr member
    Just when the hatin' was gettin it on, the thread is hijacked by tires
    i am a human derailleur

mtbr member

Different Opinion

I've had good service and a positive experience with the group at Warner and Rural in Tempe.

mtbr member
    Cant be any worse than Tempe Bike...Worst LBS ever...Fat 70 year old lady owns the shop...Horrible!!!

!@#$%&!
    I have had GREAT experience at Landis on 7th Ave and Indian School. Everyone there has been very friendly and helpful. I had a cable switched out and bought a new tire recently. No pressure and great service!

I am Bob
    Quote Originally Posted by kensellu
    Cant be any worse than Tempe Bike...Worst LBS ever...Fat 70 year old lady owns the shop...Horrible!!!
    Jeez, take it easy man!
    Tempe bike has been owned by the same people for over more than 30 years. People age and I imagine it will happen to you too. They sell mostly beginner level stuff and campus bikes and do a good job doing it. If you were looking for more that that you should have done a bit of research.

In the rear with the beer
    Totally thought this thread would be about floyd....would be more interesting if it was

mtbr member
    I also go to the Landis on 7th ave and Indianschool. They treat me great.

Wait, what!?
    Quote Originally Posted by randyharris
    The Pig just picked up Specialized though so I can get some Purgatories there.
    Are you cereal!? Thats sweet.

I DO like Landis Scottsdale. Nice group of people that are pretty helpful and easy going. Lanids on 7th though....

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jaybird
    I've had good service and a positive experience with the group at Warner and Rural in Tempe.
    I too like this location and since it's right around the corner I go there for most of my basic needs. If it's dh/fr related though, you'll find me at cactus...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jennytalia
    That's all.
    If you have a problem with service or parts, try and talk to the manager. I don't know which location you had the problem with, but we'd be happy to resolve any problems over at the Phoenix store, 7th ave. & Indian School.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by trb2929
    Saguaro TNT's are hard to get on just about any rim from what I understand. It was tough getting on the Flow rim with strip. TNT is working good but as soon as DNA gets in a Captain with GRID. I'll replace the TNT Saguaro as I don't think I would have much luck doing a trail repair with it.

I just mounted the 2.4 Purgatory 29'er on the front of my bike. It sure has some volume to it. Worked great tubeless on the Flow rim. Still finding the right PSI for me though. Seems to wonder a little but I don't have enough rides on it to like/dislike it yet.

I have not found a shop yet that does not want to first try and sell you what they have on the shelf. Jeff at the Phx Landis has ordered lots of stuff for me in the past. Even sent stuff back at no charge when it did not work out. So again without sounding like a sales rep. The Phx store has treated me well.

are you a sales rep?

Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by JrockFeltaz
    are you a sales rep?
    I'm whatever I need to be these days.

Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by berzerker
    If you have a problem with service or parts, try and talk to the manager. I don't know which location you had the problem with, but we'd be happy to resolve any problems over at the Phoenix store, 7th ave. & Indian School.
    I put a lot of miles on a tire I got from you. While it worked fine. I think it should have lasted longer. Will you replace it for free and provide a bottle of Stans for my time?

banned
    Man I want a new bike.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast