Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

Landing in Prescott soon!

Looking forward to heading up the hill and calling Prescott our backyard soon. I'll be looking some of you up for some riding and mug pouring/curling....count on it!

mtbr member
    just to be perfectly clear.....we are heading to PRISKITT!

mtbr member
    Just watchout for Going29AZ and that guido dude they frequent the beer pubs alittle to much . If your ever in need of a chiropractor? There are a couple here who are bikers and they will take care of you. See ya around .
    JRA

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Good group up here Rob, we even let that helimech dude ride with us sometimes...he's pretty "special" as you know! Give a shout when you land.

mtbr member
    thanks for the guido and going29az heads up alert. Sounds like I better be locked-and-loaded hangin' with those guys. Looking to be permanently wheels down up there in May/June. The house hunt begins next. Looking for 3 br, garage, shop? rental home. Thinking west? side, within short ride to forest. Any heads up on something like that would be appreciated.

mtbr member
    Your house hunt just finished . I'll sell ya mine!!!!! Right by Granit basin, 3br 21/2 bath, detached garage with by bike shop installed. New metal roof and its in the trees. No realy, come check it out.
    JRA

mtbr member
    going to be scouting possible areas today, to move around May or so. What would be your ideal locations, for riding from home to good trail connections and access to downtown P?

mtbr member
    Do you have a job/retirement secured?

Prescott is nice, but it doesn't have the economy of the Valley.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by RobZona View Post
    going to be scouting possible areas today, to move around May or so. What would be your ideal locations, for riding from home to good trail connections and access to downtown P?
    We live down Iron Springs Road past Williamson Valley Road. Extremely close to town, great access from my home to Granite Basin, Immanuel Pines, and Thumb Butte areas. It's a perfect location, IMO. Living up Thumb Butte Road or way up Copper Basin Road would be nice, too. Way out Copper Basin Road has good trail access, but is quite a jaunt from town (it's all relative, though).

Old and Slow
    thanks for the guido and going29az heads up alert. Sounds like I better be locked-and-loaded hangin' with those guys. Looking to be permanently wheels down up there in May/June. The house hunt begins next. Looking for 3 br, garage, shop? rental home. Thinking west? side, within short ride to forest. Any heads up on something like that would be appreciated.
    Let us know when you get up here! You can connect with many local riders on the Prescott Mountain Biking FB page too.
    Getting out there one day at a time.

mtbr member
    our "scouting" trip last weekend surprisingly turned up THE house we are moving into in early-mid May. Willow Creek Rd/Willow Lake Rd area, close enough to forest for a warm up ride, bike commute to work (YRMC), and elevated views of Mingus, Granite Mtn, and SF Peaks. Will definitely be on Prescott mtb FB and anxious to join the local ride scene.

mtbr member
    Awesome and welcome to Prezkitt!

Carnivore
    Welcome to the best mtb town in AZ.

Elitest thrill junkie
    You must live near Eric.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

Carbon or Commie?
    our "scouting" trip last weekend surprisingly turned up THE house we are moving into in early-mid May. Willow Creek Rd/Willow Lake Rd area, close enough to forest for a warm up ride, bike commute to work (YRMC), and elevated views of Mingus, Granite Mtn, and SF Peaks. Will definitely be on Prescott mtb FB and anxious to join the local ride scene.
    Make sure to take a whiff of the air around 3-5pm in that area. Some parts near Watson and the reservoir get the "low-tide at the water treatment plant" smell during the spring/summer.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Congrats and welcome! What is your role at YRMC, may I ask?

mtbr member
    modiolus, thanks for the welcome! Looking forward to meeting/riding with a lot of you Prescott mtbrs. At YRMC, I work with Cardiologists and heart patients as a Reg cardiac sonographer.
    Other interests... road cycling, flying, shooting clays, vstrom sport touring, vintage motocross racing, occasional golf, excellent beer and coffee, and skiing. Jack of all pursuits/master of none, lol.

mtbr member
    Been riding solo last 2 weeks and ready for weekday meet up rides starting today. Can be at most trailheads by 545-6 w/ lights. Anyone in for today?

mtbr member
    530 rolling out the door to the Dells. red jersey on white bike...maybe see you out there

mtbr member
    Well S H I T, you didnt say you were going to the Dells earlier. Ha, have fun maybe next time.
    JRA

mtbr member
    decided to stay low/warmer and get some dells action....1st 5 min in, I "tested" the Kyle Straits and helmet...splat! Armor did it's job, bike's ok! Then rode 2 hrs more, dells and over for a Poineer Park hill/single-track workout. I'll post up future rides for next week, est starting times arouind 530pm.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by helimech View Post
    Just watchout for Going29AZ and that guido dude they frequent the beer pubs alittle to much .
    It's called "shopping local".

RobZona: If you ever decide to take a helicopter ride in AZ, check the maintenance records first to make sure helimech hasn't worked on it. I hear the blades like to fall off copters he works on.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Guido39 View Post

RobZona: If you ever decide to take a helicopter ride in AZ, check the maintenance records first to make sure helimech hasn't worked on it. I hear the blades like to fall off copters he works on.
    That's pretty funny = NOT. I'm a pretty busy guy for someone that does shotty maint? Even worked on fathers day, bizsnatch.
    JRA

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Guido39 View Post

mtbr member
    Riding/camping Mt Eldon/Azt this weekend. Any Preskitt peeps want to go?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast