Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Glutton for punishment
    Reputation: ScottN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    575

    Kids in Flag - xpost from Passion


  2. #2
    Team Tortuga
    Reputation: crAZy Irish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    243
    Very nice! I can't wait for my daughter to start riding with me. She's almost 4 and is already asking for a bike to ride the trails on!

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    78
    what are the ages of the kids? my daughter is 2.5 has the balance and can do some dh, but she would wad it coming down flag trails. maybe next season!

  4. #4
    Glutton for punishment
    Reputation: ScottN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    575

    Ages

    The Boy is 3 1/2 and the girl is 5 1/2. She started riding regularly around 4 and he started with no training wheels just after his 3rd birthday.

    It takes a lot of patience, coaching and changing your expectations when it comes to riding with them. The outcome is great though!
    Last edited by ScottN; 08-24-2010 at 09:56 AM.

  5. #5
    I am Bob
    Reputation: chongoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,779
    This is awesome. You and your kids are champs!

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottN
    The Boy is 3 1/2 and the girl is 5 1/2. She started riding regularly around 4 and he started with no training wheels just after his 3rd birthday.

    It takes a lot of patience, coaching and changing your expectations when it comes to riding with them. The outcome is great though!
    so it sounds like next season for sure. good job teaching your kids positive/healthy skills. my daughter & i ride almost every day together and the patience pays off in smiles all around. thanks for sharing. enjoy bikes!
    j

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rockman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    3,573
    Awesome kid stoke I think my buddy and I passed you and your kids in the opposite direction just a little bit before those pics were taken. Sunday about 10:30?

  8. #8
    Glutton for punishment
    Reputation: ScottN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    575
    Quote Originally Posted by rockman
    Awesome kid stoke I think my buddy and I passed you and your kids in the opposite direction just a little bit before those pics were taken. Sunday about 10:30?
    These were taken just as we were coming down the side trail from Ft. Valley down to Schultz. I was standing right at the intersection with Schultz. I have a video of my daughter saying "This is a great trail daddy!"

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rockman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    3,573
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottN
    These were taken just as we were coming down the side trail from Ft. Valley down to Schultz. I was standing right at the intersection with Schultz. I have a video of my daughter saying "This is a great trail daddy!"
    Yeah, we were on our way to FV and then the connectors to Dogfood. Your daughter had a real determined look on her face. Serious concentration on the downhill with Proud Papa bringing up the rear. FV is a fun for the whole family.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •