Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Just an idea

mtbr member
    Feb 2009

Just an idea

Arizona Snowbowl has a Facebook page. Why not like them and start posting on there how much we would like a bike park? Just an idea. Now go do it! Thanks, J

mtbr member
    [QUOTE=raisingarizona;10508693]Arizona Snowbowl has a Facebook page. Why not like them and start posting on there how much we would like a bike park? Just an idea. Now go do it! Thanks, J

RA, there's been at least one and maybe even two petitions forwarded on to Snowbowl? Anyhow, others are in the same boat.
    Horse Gulch Blog Blog Archive Petition promoting a mountain bike park at Durango Mountain Resort

With all things MEDL seemingly on hold because of the Forest Initiative and proposed thinnnig perhaps now is the time to really put the pressure on JR and SB ownership.
    "Fart in a paper bag, after eating the #17 plate from filibertos. STRAVA!" M77Ranger.

mtbr member
    Good idea.

mtbr member
    Reading the history of Snowbowl, I don't think a bike park is highly likely.

Arizona Snowbowl - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    "This fish who keeps on swimming, is the first to chill upstream" - 311

Go Speed Racer
    Humm... They commented on one of the posts:

"Arizona Snowbowl: ... we are working with Forest Service on brining downhill biking to Snowbowl."

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Think I saw them say almost exactly that about 2 years ago.
    "This fish who keeps on swimming, is the first to chill upstream" - 311

mtbr member
    I thought Snowbowl and some city council wanted to move forward with it and the Sierra Club and other groups were obstructing through lawsuits?

slower than you
    Quote Originally Posted by juggles View Post
    Think I saw them say almost exactly that about 2 years ago.
    10 years ago...
    "Let our people travel light and free on their bicycles." Ed Abbey
    http://www.rockychrysler.com/

mtbr member
    Indians are already butthurt over putting a ski resort on their "sacred land." Letting people rides bikes there is really going to set them off.

Huffy Rider
    I wrote a letter to snowbowl last week, here is what they wrote back:

Hello Adam and Brenda!

Arizona Snowbowl and Forest Service are working closely on brining downhill biking to the slopes including bike mountain the lift itself.
    This project will not be complete this summer, but we are, as I said, working on it.
    There is a LOT of downhill biking around Snowbowl and Flagstaff. We have been promoting our lodging facilities as a great getaway nestled in the pines with direct access to many trails.
    In addition with your stay you receive two scenic lift ride tickets ($30 value).
    Staying in the cabins you don't need to worry about hauling your biked through the hotel corridors - it is very convenient and you can ride the trails straight from your room.

Please continue checking our FB page and website for the updates on downhill biking. It will be huge for the local and AZ community.

Have a great summer!

--
    Ksenia Hartl
    Marketing
    Arizona Snowbowl

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by motochick View Post

Hello Adam and Brenda!

Arizona Snowbowl and Forest Service are working closely on brining downhill biking to the slopes including bike mountain the lift itself.
    This project will not be complete this summer, but we are, as I said, working on it.
    There is a LOT of downhill biking around Snowbowl and Flagstaff. We have been promoting our lodging facilities as a great getaway nestled in the pines with direct access to many trails.
    In addition with your stay you receive two scenic lift ride tickets ($30 value).
    Staying in the cabins you don't need to worry about hauling your biked through the hotel corridors - it is very convenient and you can ride the trails straight from your room.

Please continue checking our FB page and website for the updates on downhill biking. It will be huge for the local and AZ community.

Have a great summer!

--
    Ksenia Hartl
    Marketing
    Arizona Snowbowl
    Hmm, Ksenia must be they're new marketing director after they canned Dave Smith. Not much to be gleaned from that reply.
    "Fart in a paper bag, after eating the #17 plate from filibertos. STRAVA!" M77Ranger.

Go Speed Racer

Hello Adam and Brenda!

Have a great summer!

--
    Ksenia Hartl
    Marketing
    Arizona Snowbowl
    Just curious, has anyone stayed at the lodge and rode the trails straight from your room? The reason why I ask, is I have been wanting to go up there and ride, but have not been able to due to family/etc... BUT... If I could take the family, and they could enjoy the pines / lift tickets, and I could ride, that would be pretty convienient...

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbdennis View Post
    Just curious, has anyone stayed at the lodge and rode the trails straight from your room? The reason why I ask, is I have been wanting to go up there and ride, but have not been able to due to family/etc... BUT... If I could take the family, and they could enjoy the pines / lift tickets, and I could ride, that would be pretty convienient...
    The lodge is at the bottom of Snowbowl road but you are next to trails that connect to the FT Valley Trails & beyond. I am staying up there the 4th-6th with family. Planning on biking a lot. I can get at least 2 hrs in each morning before anyone in my family will open their eyes. The lava cave is not too far away for a family adventure and only 7 miles to downtown. Planning on a family easy MTB cruise on the AZ Trail as well.

I have been to the restaurant a few time but never stayed at the cabins / motel before.

mtbr member

Just an idea

Funny Dennis. Right after I read motochicks letter, I told my wife and she perked right up. She is checking prices. Now if you and I are smart- we'll do it on the same weekend!

Sent from your Moms phone using Tapinthat.
    Find a ride on FB> AZ MTB

"Uppercase with a space"

Go Speed Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by cstem View Post
    Funny Dennis. Right after I read motochicks letter, I told my wife and she perked right up. She is checking prices. Now if you and I are smart- we'll do it on the same weekend!

Sent from your Moms phone using Tapinthat.
    Sounds like we have a trip brewing Rates don't look too bad ...

slower than you

Hello Adam and Brenda!

Have a great summer!

--
    Ksenia Hartl
    Marketing
    Arizona Snowbowl
    That's a rather poorly edited note.
    "Let our people travel light and free on their bicycles." Ed Abbey
    http://www.rockychrysler.com/

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    I have stayed at the lodge a few times, nothing to write home about but it works. The restaurant food was great service was great. They served us one morning before they were even open and also one night after the kitchen was to be closed. The manager is a great guy doing all he can with what he has to work with.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Has anybody checked this place out ?

Off Grid Getaways | At the Flagstaff Nordic Center

mtbr member
    This sounds like a gret area to take the family and to also get some riding in!

mtbr member
    Those are great rates for Flagstaff this time of year....

mtbr member
    Anyone know if there are family friendly trails that we can ride to from the cabins? I have a 5 and a 8 year old, so the trails need to be easy.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark194 View Post
    Anyone know if there are family friendly trails that we can ride to from the cabins? I have a 5 and a 8 year old, so the trails need to be easy.
    Not really. The section of AZ trail that is close is a bit rocky and probably a bit much for a 5 year old. If you're willing to drive the first two miles of AZ trail from FR418 is very smooth and gradual climb through deep ferns and lovely aspens. My kids love that section. That's about a 15 min drive from the cabins. Or, there are a couple of little loops you can do near the Schultz Creek TH without much climbing.

mtbr member
    rockman - so we should start at FR418? Is it easy to find?

Thanks!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark194 View Post
    rockman - so we should start at FR418? Is it easy to find?

Thanks!!
    Quite easy. Turn right off of hwy180 here onto the north end of Hart Prairie Rd FR151: https://maps.google.com/maps?q=35.39...t=h&gl=us&z=20

Make a left on 418 and go a mile or so until your past the houses and look for an informal parking area where the trail crosses the road. There's also nice camping nearby. If you've go by Potato Tank you've gone too far.
    http://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_...rdb5314087.jpg

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast