Shovel Ready

Cool-blue Rhythm Jet Phantom Light

Anyone using the Jet Phantom Light?
    Currently at Mayo Clinic being tested for a kidney transplant. Donors welcome.

vmb
    mtbr member
    Apr 2006

Jet Phanton Light

Yes, I have one and really like it. They are not as popular as NightRider and some of the other brands, but I think that's because it's a relatively small company (not the same marketing dollars being spent).

A few years back, I wanted a sinlge beam light for 24 hour races and casual rides. I checked out the ratings of all the lights noted on MTBR and found the Jet lights had high overall ratings (I hadn't heard of them before that).

I then called to company to ask a few questions. At the time there were only two guys (both engineers from what I recall) running the company out of Reno, Nv.
    Not only did they answer my questions, but went on to explain their component selection (i..e. bulbs, battery choices etc.) the logic behind some of the design features (connectors for example) and other related details. Heck, I think we even talked about where I ride, how often, how I was going to use the product, etc. (way more than I expected).

After speaking with them I felt much better about my decision and made the purchase.

As I mentioned, I've had the light for a few years now and have not had one issue with it.

One thing to consider. The beam has a more natural color (very slight yellow) to it rather than the white beams. From what I understand, the white lights are brighter but can wash out shadows. I ride technical so wanted to see shadows. The light is plenty bright enough but still allows me to see the contours of the terrain.

I do have one suggestion, spend the few extra bucks and get the i Series Phantom with the "Smart Switch". This feature allows you to set the burn rate at 10w 15w or 20w. I use the feature on all rides (adjusting to conserve battery life or increase for max. beam if I am on a fast section).

Shovel Ready
    I have one and lost the battery on a ride. Since then I purchased a PricentonTec LED. I'm going to try one more source besides Jet on a battery. If that falls through your welcome to the light itself as I won't have any use for it.

vmb
    mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    trb2929, nice of you too offer. See what you can find and if you need to off-load, I could always use a back-up. Good luck on finding a battery.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    I am running one, bought off the many reviews here on MTBR. It is the 20w with smart switch and fuel guage. I am a very big fan of this unit.

I had my first problem with it this year - the i13 charger died. It was replaced by JET.

In order to handle the replacement, I had to call JET - they are now under new ownership that provide excellent customer service. I know several others that rock JET lights and one other has gone back for service in the recent past and they took care of him in an extraordinary way. I won't be purchasing an HID to keep up with the Joneses, but will consider a JET led if they develop them. Great company and excellent products.

Shovel Ready

Cool-blue Rhythm

For those that are interested. First one to contact me may have these items. Remember no battery and one from Jet is $ 170.00 dollars. I already have a good LED and a back up system is less than the Jet Battery. I could do the CL deal but it's that holiday season.

Shovel Ready
    CharacterZero was the first to respond. Phillbo you were runner up and will keep you in mind if CZ decides not to pick it up. I read your email and you might take a look at this one. I have never used it so I can;t rate it's performance.

http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/168...Bike-Light.htm

wowarizona.com
    Jan 2004

on second thought

I don't have time to
    Quote Originally Posted by trb2929
    For those that are interested. First one to contact me may have these items. Remember no battery and one from Jet is $ 170.00 dollars. I already have a good LED and a back up system is less than the Jet Battery. I could do the CL deal but it's that holiday season.

no time to make a battery pack
    CJ
    WOW Arizona!

Meatbomb
    Quote Originally Posted by trb2929
    Phillbo you were runner up

That will teach me not to vacillate because I was feeling greedy asking for something

Good on you for offering it up

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo
    That will teach me not to vacillate because I was feeling greedy asking for something

Good on you for offering it up
    Ha. Give it to this man, he is a better man than I. He is local and will make it work with less hassle around around.

I was going to set it up as a backup light...sounds like he would make it work as a primary.