Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jan 2007

James Clayton out on parole in AZ?

James Clayton, nortorious bike thief, may now be out on parole in Maricopa County, Arizona, after serving time in a Texas prison.
    Background in Texas:
    Police say James Clayton befriended then ripped off many Austin bicyclists
    Bike Thief Draws Four-Year Sentence

I understand that he ran the same scam in Arizona prior to coming to Austin, TX. This guy is a classic sociopath, so remember his face (mug shot is on his "facebook" page below and in the first article above) and lock up your bikes!

Clayton, James R
    DOB: 02/19/1967
    Inmate # 266082
    James Clayton shows up in a search of the Arizona Department of Corrections inmate locator.
    Looks like he was processed through their system and is out on parole. Check out his AZ Dept. of Corrections "facebook" page.

As of 9/28/2011 his status is "community supervision"

Release Type: Administrative
    For inmates with a date of offense on/after January 1, 1994, a term of community supervision imposed by the committing court which shall be served consecutively to the actual period of imprisonment. Upon release on the Earned Release Credit Date or Sentence Expiration Date, the inmate shall serve approximately 15% of the imposed sentence under supervision. Inmates with concurrent sentences shall serve the longest community supervision term imposed. Inmates with consecutive sentences shall serve each community supervision term imposed consecutively upon release from ADC custody.
    Last edited by June Bug; 10-20-2011 at 02:47 PM. Reason: add link and text edit

mtbr member
    Thanks for the heads up.

mtbr member
    Don't worry Karma is a biotch.
    Check out some great MTB gear @ www.evomo.com

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    For those of you who followed the James Clayton saga, he has died of natural causes (probably some form of cardiac arrest) on Christmas Eve. The reporter who originally covered the story here in Austin, TX confirmed that a James Clayton, age 44, died on Dec. 24th in Maricopa County, AZ.
    RIP, James.

It's a slugfest!
    Thanks for the update June. I have some weird feelings going on inside right now. I have read about this guy in the past. Before I read your update, I had clicked in on the mug shot. In my mind I was thinking something like "Ok...this guy looks pretty smooth...we need to setup some kind of controlled "sting" operation to test how well he was rehabilitated."

Then I scroll down to find out he died.

So now I'm feeling a little awkward inside and I suppose I should say RIP and give him the benefit of doubt.

(but I can't stop thinking about setting up that sting.....)

-SS
    "I've got nothing to hoard...."

I am Walt
    Interesting to see the post from October, directly above the post reporting his death...
    Ride more; post less...

mtbr member
    May 2004
    I hope he made his peace before he went. Obviously a scumbag on some level, I prefer to have some faith that he was on the right track after this (his 3rd conviction?).

Yep, mixed feelings here too. He really ****ed up the Austin race scene for a bit there.

mtbr member
    People are born, they live, and they die. It's how you live your life that determines how or even if you will be remembered. James Clayton will be remembered by many as Inmate # 266082....a bicycle thief.
    Last edited by Centurion_; 12-30-2011 at 08:59 AM.

No Clue Crew
    Quote Originally Posted by CharacterZero View Post
    I hope he made his peace before he went. Obviously a scumbag on some level, I prefer to have some faith that he was on the right track after this (his 3rd conviction?).
    Wow, that's a sh|tload of faith.

banned
    Nov 2011
    Sucks to be judged by people you dont even know

No Clue Crew
    Sucks even more to be a scumbag thief warranting people's judgement.

banned
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by big0mike View Post
    Sucks even more to be a scumbag thief warranting people's judgement.
    He obviously suffered, so quick to judge before walking in his shoes.

No Clue Crew
    Quote Originally Posted by Buggy View Post
    He obviously suffered
    Not sure how you came to the conclusion he suffered but I certainly hope he did. Although it was certainly not enough.

mtbr member
    Not sure how you came to the conclusion he suffered but I certainly hope he did. Although it was certainly not enough.
    Been waiting all day for Mike to respond. Didn't disappoint.
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

Bloodied but Unbowed
    Quote Originally Posted by Casual Observer View Post
    Been waiting all day for Mike to respond. Didn't disappoint.
    While few enjoy Mike's entertaining posts more than I, waiting all day, in these riding conditions? Dude, you're like what maybe 2 minutes from some great trails? Ride, my friend, ride like the wind! Free thine self!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Buggy View Post
    He obviously suffered, so quick to judge before walking in his shoes.
    Mike ain;t judging sheeit. Our criminal justice system allready did that. At least 3 times that we know of. And...what. You think he only stole 3 times? Wanna buy a bridge?

And yes Big Mike. Go out and ride and fee thyself and all of that. Just remember....never let your bike out of your sight when it's out of your locked garage. (And even then it ain't completely safe). There are others, many as yet unconvicted, who would love to sell your bike for drug money.

banned
    Nov 2011
    Convicted multiple times.....Time spent in jail.....heart attack at such a young age....prolly due to drugs and alcohol.....is suffering to me bro.

It's a slugfest!
    I just hope Mr. Clayton was rehabilitated, and can look back on his life and understand the comments posted here.
    Last edited by Silver_Slug; 01-01-2012 at 11:23 AM. Reason: direction of thread.
    "I've got nothing to hoard...."

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertCrawler View Post
    While few enjoy Mike's entertaining posts more than I, waiting all day, in these riding conditions? Dude, you're like what maybe 2 minutes from some great trails? Ride, my friend, ride like the wind! Free thine self!
    Just got back from breaking wind.

Bloodied but Unbowed
    Quote Originally Posted by Casual Observer View Post
    Just got back from breaking wind.
    Awesome. Great day for it! I rode yesterday and won't get to ride again until Monday.

Are we off topic? Golly. Sorry folks, please, return to your whatever it was you were doing.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Centurion_ View Post
    People are born, they live, and they die. It's how you live your life that determines how or even if you will be remembered. James Clayton will be remembered by many as Inmate # 266082....a bicycle thief.
    Unless you personally knew the guy, all you know is a little about what is probably the worst thing he did in his life. I'd be confident the guy probably did lots of good things during his life, and was loved dearly by many people.

It amazes me that so many people are willing to judge someone based on the worst thing they ever did while completely ignoring the fact that the person did lots of good things also.

And for God's sake, the guy was stealing bikes. Sure, it's an ******* thing to do... but to wish he died a painful death... to wish he suffered? The guy went to prison for 4 years, he paid.

Huffy Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by alleygrinder View Post
    Unless you personally knew the guy, all you know is a little about what is probably the worst thing he did in his life. I'd be confident the guy probably did lots of good things during his life, and was loved dearly by many people.

It amazes me that so many people are willing to judge someone based on the worst thing they ever did while completely ignoring the fact that the person did lots of good things also.

And for God's sake, the guy was stealing bikes. Sure, it's an ******* thing to do... but to wish he died a painful death... to wish he suffered? The guy went to prison for 4 years, he paid.
    Ever had your bike stolen?

mtbr member
    Funny. When a thief is alive, he's an a hole. A "classic sociopath."

Then...when he dies, all of a sudden he was "a good man until he stole a bike"..."he prolly suffered a lot"..."what if he has a kid out there who maybe someday will get on the internet and read all this stuff..."
    All of a sudden now that he's dead he is deserving of an attitude none of you had for him when he was alive?

We all are going to die. It won't make us any better than we were when we were alive. The guy was a bicycle thief. Now he is a dead bicycle thief. Not my judgement....the judgment of the courts. If he changed his life around well...good for him.

As for the gospel of the silver slug well.....The Gospel I'm acquainted with is that ALL men are sinners. Every one of us. Living a good life is cool. It's what we are called to do. But even the very best of us...including all Christians...are sinners.

According to the Gospel, our salvation is through Jesus Christ. That's true for Charles Manson, for Ghandi, for you and for me. And it is equally true for bicycle thief..

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by motochick View Post
    Ever had your bike stolen?
    Nobody deserves to die because they stole a bike. There, I said it.

(And yes, I've had two bikes stolen. I've wanted to "kill" both the MFers who did it. Did they deserve to be punished? Yep. Die? Nope.)

mtbr member
    Only...he didn't die because he stole a bike(s). Nobody killed him because he stole a bike(s).

He died of natural causes.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast