mtbr member

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! It's a brand new trial!

I was out south of 303 in between 51st & 67th Ave around the boulders, there's
    a trail that's only been there a year or so. That one is at the base of the hill, the
    new one is off of that. So up the hill I go and then it gets rough, lot's of hike a bike.
    Half way threw I meet this old guy working on the trail, he tells me he's a hiker
    not a biker but all are welcome, that it will connect to another trail on the other side
    and I should bring everyone I can to break it in!
    I say yes and thank you and now I tell you, go find it & ride it.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Wow! View Post
    I was out south of 303 in between 51st & 67th Ave around the boulders, there's
    a trail that's only been there a year or so. That one is at the base of the hill, the
    new one is off of that. So up the hill I go and then it gets rough, lot's of hike a bike.
    Half way threw I meet this old guy working on the trail, he tells me he's a hiker
    not a biker but all are welcome, that it will connect to another trail on the other side
    and I should bring everyone I can to break it in!
    I say yes and thank you and now I tell you, go find it & ride it.
    Wow:

I have been looking for a new place to build a world class trail system if the Adopt-a-Trail program falls through. Can you give some better clues where the new system starts and if there is approval from the property owner.

Any other clues on finding the trail?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails It's a brand new trial!-303.jpg  

Last edited by traildoc; 11-24-2012 at 03:10 PM.

mtbr member
    Your directions are not the clearest lol, but I couldn't imagine many will go experience the "gets rough, lot's of hike a bike" trail lol. Maybe just to check it out for themselves I guess. You have any better directions to the start of it and/or where to park?
    Tie two birds together and though they have four wings, they cannot fly!

mtbr member

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by phxrider View Post
    Were you the one that biked this? if so, is it an XC ride or is it more rough than that? the elevation chart on that graph seem like it might be an interesting trail?

I take this part of the 303 home from work, so a good new trail in that area would be really convenient.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaseSpace168 View Post
    Were you the one that biked this? if so, is it an XC ride or is it more rough than that? the elevation chart on that graph seem like it might be an interesting trail?

I take this part of the 303 home from work, so a good new trail in that area would be really convenient.
    I think he walked it. I was on the south side of those hills next to the CAP canal and except for the old jeep roads that follow the canal, I didn't see any obvious mountain bike trails that lead to the top. But there are a lot of "trails" out in the area on the north side and toward Pyramid Peak to play on.

mtbr member
    No, I rode this, the trails are good cross country with a little climbing, the boulder area is a little tough if you like to ride on the rocks, but other than that it is a nice ride, I know a couple of guys that have been doing stuff out on these trails for about 3 years, they took me out here.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by PhxChem View Post
    I think he walked it. I was on the south side of those hills next to the CAP canal and except for the old jeep roads that follow the canal, I didn't see any obvious mountain bike trails that lead to the top. But there are a lot of "trails" out in the area on the north side and toward Pyramid Peak to play on.
    17MPH is some pretty fast walkin'.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    or give TD directions and in another year no one will be allowed to ride "world class" trails.
    and the lurker returns to the dark corner

mtbr member
    How do we get to this trail?

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaseSpace168 View Post
    17MPH is some pretty fast walkin'.
    LOL.....I wasn't paying attention. I could of swore that the track went over that first little mountain where the CAP canal comes out of the tunnel. Didn't see how far he was zoomed out. And I thought it said it was a walk....I'm loosing it....

Quote Originally Posted by Mark194 View Post
    How do we get to this trail?
    Two starting Points/Parking Areas (see red "X").
    Attached Images Attached Images  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by PhxChem View Post
    LOL.....I wasn't paying attention. I could of swore that the track went over that first little mountain where the CAP canal comes out of the tunnel. Didn't see how far he was zoomed out. And I thought it said it was a walk....I'm loosing it....

Two starting Points/Parking Areas (see red "X").

Ha ha i know that feel man.

mtbr member

Thursday Night Ride

I'll ride out from Sonoran Mountain Ranch Park at 7:45 PM on the 29th
    7-8 MPH FUN stuff 1.5-2 hr Bring your GPS