ironic who is in many of those photos

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by chollaball View Post
    I saw that too.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    I suspect there was a medical emergency; that's why 'Doc' is there; and I did see one of those RARE Arizona Junipers in one of the stills.
    Thats not a bad Pinkbike article.........lets hope that some positive vibes come to the fore this summer.
    Cheers. from BC. TS

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by chollaball View Post
    Isn't it? Makes me wonder where they got the idea to write such an article...
    The secret to mountain biking is pretty simple. The slower you go the more likely it is you’ll crash.
    - Julie Furtado

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by woahey View Post
    I think Lee is friends with Doc and has been out on rides with him but it sounded to me like a more unbiased approach and a good all around article. I think if Doc had written an article it might sound a little different.

North Van/Whistler
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by woahey View Post
    It was my idea to write the article. I enjoy the Sedona trails here and love the trail experience. It was fun writing and researching the piece.
    Locals' Guide to North Shore Rides http://mtbtrails.ca/

Shovel Ready
    Good read.

Response to "1. The unsanctioned trail builders pushed too hard".

Maybe there were antagonistic posts elsewhere. But I only noticed one person really making waves as stated in that section of the article!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona View Post
    I think Lee is friends with Doc and has been out on rides with him but it sounded to me like a more unbiased approach and a good all around article. I think if Doc had written an article it might sound a little different.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeL View Post
    It was my idea to write the article. I enjoy the Sedona trails here and love the trail experience. It was fun writing and researching the piece.
    Well, now. I feel like an ass. Trying to be sarcastic and you guys took it seriously.

Lee, I do have to say that the article is very un-biased (if you remove photos )and fact-based as far as I know. To talk to the people that had the all of the info contained in it must have been entertaining to say the least.
    The secret to mountain biking is pretty simple. The slower you go the more likely it is you’ll crash.
    - Julie Furtado

Lakvoodoo
    Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona View Post

I was a bit reluctant to read the whole thing....as the drama and crying and squabbling has gotten pretty old. Plus, who wants bad PR for a place w/such perfect dirt. But I forced myself through it, and found it pretty fair. No direct pointing of fingers -- to either club nor to the forest service....pretty unbiased. Of course, there's no answer and maybe won't be one for a while. Hopefully, people stop thumping their (non)macho chests and see eye-to-eye when they can.

On the other hand, if ya don't read about it (MTBR, PinkBike, etc) and if ya don't go bushwhacking new trails....then ya'd never know there're any denominational dirt problems 'round here. So, go ride, be happy.
    Get Outside!