Master Gardener

IMBA Trail Bldg. Workshop March 9-10 - Prescott

I haven't seen this posted here, yet. Sorry if I just missed it.

March 9-10. www.cragmania.com has the flyer.

Media Event thingy, March 9.

Trail Building Workshop, March 10, 9-Noon, Yavapai College.

Trail Building Event, Prescott Natty Forest, 1:30-4:00 PM, same day.

Master Gardener

Good job!

Bump!

wrecking crew
    There are a few trail work events going on this weekend. This Prescott IMBA Trail Building Event actually teaches trail building techniques in a class in the morning, feed you lunch, followed by a trail building workshop in the afternoon.

There is also the Black Canyon Trail workday AND the Phoenix Mtn. Preserve Trail work/build day. These both are on this saturday as well. See the post on the BCT Trail Day March 10 for more info.

Get involved if at all possible! Pick one and show up! You'll be surprised how much fun you actually have.
    ~~~

Rats! I missed this the first go around. I will be up in Moab, otherwise I would certainly go. Wonder where they'll be buildin?

Master Gardener
    Yeah, I'm not sure. I'll take my camera along and document whatever we end up doing. Lots of great new trail has been laid down in the past year by the Forest Service. I'm sure they hate the fact that mtn bikers are using them, but still... thanks Forest Service!! LOL I'm sure they'll really be hating it a year from now when you folks down south and up north discover these new trails and come help us break them in really well.

mtbr member
    there's a group of us "down south" folk headed your way to help build whatever the IMBA crew is working on saturday.

I also heard that there is a good chance that the BCT effort will shift north next season, and start working south. well they already have started working south, but they hope to get two groups of user volenteer efforts working both ends.
    b

Master Gardener
    I'm not familiar at all with the BCT, Brian, but just looked it up. Nice work!

Hope to meet you on Saturday. =)

Greg

oldschool
    Just signed up for the Prescott class and trail work. I have been meaning to get involved in the trail building in this area since moving up here a few years ago. Thanks for the post, hope to meet everyone saturday,... Bill
    Steel Fanatic
    Marin Pine Mountain
    Surly Crosscheck
    Landshark Roadshark
    Jams XAM1.0

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Velokid1
    I'm not familiar at all with the BCT, Brian, but just looked it up. Nice work!

Hope to meet you on Saturday. =)

Greg

don't thank me for BCT. I've just started to get a little involved. There are many other people who have devoted countless hours to make this trail system a reality.

It's almost reached a critical mass (IMO) of completed trails that should really open a lot of peoples eyes and hopefully kick them in the butt to help build/donate funds to complete the system .

the area where this trail system goes is quite stunning. and the realationship this group has forged with BLM might be even more valuable in terms of furture access to other BLM land.
    b