Glutton for punishment

I'm not sure what I'd have done in this situation...

wretch
    I thought it was going to be some story about a moron but she sounds pretty trail smart. . . wait I take that back because I can just picture her running with the freaking fox on her arm bobbin up and down. . .

I guess I too would not know what I have done, but there could be more to the story. Something along the lines of her running down the trail and seeing mr. fox. . . "aww cute little fox. . . here ya go buddy boy aww your cute" (holds out hand)

banned
    Fox for dinner.

I, Mudd
    I was on T-100 last week just getting back to the Tatum parking lot when a coyote ran across the trail in front of me. No big deal- it's happened before.

When I got the the car my buddy, who was a little behind me, told me that a coyote pursued me on the trail for a while. Maybe the coyote and I were just going in the same direction, maybe he thought I was an attractive coyote of the opposite sex...who knows.

I wonder what he would have done if he caught up to me. I wonder what I would have done if I looked over and a coyote was running next to me.

Wait, what!?
    Kill first, ask questions later. That what I would do at least, if the thing was latched on to my arm.

hfy; I was on a night ride Monday in that area and was rounding a corner when a Jack Rabbit jumped in front of me. For a second there I probably would have sworn it was a killer coyote ready to taste my leg, haha.

wretch
    T100 is great with all the Coyotes. . . I saw some people running down a trail looking back in shear panic two nights ago they proceeed to tell me to watch out ahead there were "tons of coyotes". . . . Monday morning I had a big Momma Coyote run across, stop about 5 feet from my left and look at me. . . two mini baby what ever you call em. . . pups. . . were to my right. They sort of just crept towards me, sniffed about 2 feet from me and then joined mom and took off. Rabies might of been a different story.

livin' the dream......
    For me, wildlife encounters are a bonus.

Except for a spring backcounty ski trip in Wyoming where I found REALLY fresh grizzly tracks in the mud. I re-routed my self to avoid becoming a statistic.........

mtbr member

un-domesticated pet story

I can one up that. When I was a child I had a pet raccoon. One day one of the neighbor ladies noticed me petting the coon and freaked out, thinking it was wild. She tried to pull me away from him, I freaked out, tried to hang on. Ended up getting bitten because I wouldn't let go of it's neck. She freaked, ran into our house and told my nanny that I'd been attacked be a ferocious wild animal, and of course I had the blood all over me to legitimize the story. They ended up taking me to the hospital, where I ended up getting rabies shots before they figured out that the pet was mine. During this time the Sherriff's office had captured the raccoon, in our house (of course this was before cell phones) and had placed the raccoon in the city jail. Damn thing ended up biting one of the detainees and then one of the Sherriff's deputies before escaping. Three people got rabies shots that day and I lost a pet. What makes it even more crazy is that my mom was a nurse and my dad was one of the other deputies. They were out of town shopping for the day.
    AKA: G-wat

NardoSS
    Quote Originally Posted by Truckee Trash
    T100 is great with all the Coyotes. . . I saw some people running down a trail looking back in shear panic two nights ago they proceeed to tell me to watch out ahead there were "tons of coyotes". . . . Monday morning I had a big Momma Coyote run across, stop about 5 feet from my left and look at me. . . two mini baby what ever you call em. . . pups. . . were to my right. They sort of just crept towards me, sniffed about 2 feet from me and then joined mom and took off. Rabies might of been a different story.
    That's pretty damn cool. I've never seen coyote pups in the wild. I always figured it was like seeing bear cubs. If you're seeing cubs in the wild close up then you've got an appointment with the momma bear in 3...2...

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    why did the animal control agent need vacinations also? I wish they had a video of them taking that thing out of the trunk. I imagine that it had to sound like a tazmanian devil was loose in the trunk.
    and the lurker returns to the dark corner

mtbr member
    You want to get a strangely behaving mammal that bites you, tested for rabies, before making the decision to start taking the rabies shots sequence. The deputy may have also gotten bitten.

pedaller
    No way I'd run a mile with that thing clamped on to my arm. I'd find a rock or stick and beat that thing off my arm...

Having said that, I understand that you don't want to damage the head of an animal you suspect has rabies - otherwise they cannot perform the test required to determine if the animal has rabies. (That's if you suspect someone had been bitten by the animal).

That was one tough and aware woman right there!
    "Nobody ever told me not to try" - Curious George Soundtrack by Jack Johnson

livin' the dream......
    Quote Originally Posted by bugaroo
    I can one up that. When I was a child I had a pet raccoon. One day one of the neighbor ladies noticed me petting the coon and freaked out, thinking it was wild. She tried to pull me away from him, I freaked out, tried to hang on. Ended up getting bitten because I wouldn't let go of it's neck. She freaked, ran into our house and told my nanny that I'd been attacked be a ferocious wild animal, and of course I had the blood all over me to legitimize the story. They ended up taking me to the hospital, where I ended up getting rabies shots before they figured out that the pet was mine. During this time the Sherriff's office had captured the raccoon, in our house (of course this was before cell phones) and had placed the raccoon in the city jail. Damn thing ended up biting one of the detainees and then one of the Sherriff's deputies before escaping. Three people got rabies shots that day and I lost a pet. What makes it even more crazy is that my mom was a nurse and my dad was one of the other deputies. They were out of town shopping for the day.
    That is pretty hilarious! I bet at the time you did not find it too funny though!

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    I hope you find your pet one day.