Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    The Most Interesting Man
    Jul 2009

Im just wondering...

I have a feeling this will go completely off topic, end up getting locked, and or get people a time out in the corner but here we go...

For the past 2 weeks now or so, there have been all this off topic funny, in a weird funny way, stuff on here, banned mtbr members, bashing of other people, bashing of moderators, blah blah blah blah. Is there some curse on the arizona forums strictly? Or as soon as you are born to arizona or move here you get some weird comical, sarcastic, sassy, humor? Because I once in a while check the colorado and california forums just for giggles, and rarely see this kind of stuff. Maybe im not on those forums enough, but all of this just seems to puzzle me.

I think its the arizona sun roasting our brains.
    I Like Dirt.

dirt visionary
    Man being around for a bit and all over this board I would say there is plenty of this going on in other forums . If you read the dh/fr forum much I see tons of flaming / name calling ect going on all the time. Heck most times any product bashing ends in lots of flames thrown everywhere.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tannerdrummer
    I have a feeling this will go completely off topic, end up getting locked, and or get people a time out in the corner but here we go...

For the past 2 weeks now or so, there have been all this off topic funny, in a weird funny way, stuff on here, banned mtbr members, bashing of other people, bashing of moderators, blah blah blah blah. Is there some curse on the arizona forums strictly? Or as soon as you are born to arizona or move here you get some weird comical, sarcastic, sassy, humor? Because I once in a while check the colorado and california forums just for giggles, and rarely see this kind of stuff. Maybe im not on those forums enough, but all of this just seems to puzzle me. Dont let me say it...but is this turning into.....pink (gulp) bike!?!?!?

I think its the arizona sun roasting our brains.
    It's been a tough summer for us super cool DHr's.
    No more Sunrise races, No more Candy races, Smokin Spokes have disbanded, Lot's of injurries, and Flag burned down. Did I leave anything out?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tmarkos
    No more Sunrise races, No more Candy races, Smokin Spokes have disbanded, Lot's of injurries, and Flag burned down. Did I leave anything out?
    Our general hatred of everyone.
    Or maybe that's just me...
    Quote Originally Posted by azdog View Post
    I think he was born around the time of the Chernobyl fallout which would explain a lot.

The Most Interesting Man
    Jul 2009
    No but you can say "us super cool", maybe RAD dh'ers again

Clockwork- I have seen plenty on the dh/fr thread, but I was talking about the other state forums. I need to start looking more apparently.
    I Like Dirt.

PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    Quote Originally Posted by tmarkos
    ...and Posh went metro.
    Bender to AZDog: I'm not the best person to give advice on not riding!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by azdog
    ...and Posh went metro.
    He didn't have far to go.
    I think he was born around the time of the Chernobyl fallout which would explain a lot.

mtbr member
    ...and Posh went metro.
    Everyone knows that you Never go full metro!

mtbr member
    Really its just because certain influential people are being vajayjays.

dirt visionary
    ouch!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by clockwork
    ouch!
    I am referring to the powers-that-be.

PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    Quote Originally Posted by KavuRider
    You mean Kurt Russell?
    Bender to AZDog: I'm not the best person to give advice on not riding!

The Most Interesting Man
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by KavuRider
    What "man" are we talking about here? If you are talking against moderators wouldnt it be rally against the "men"?
    I Like Dirt.

dirt visionary
    I was refering to he didn't have to go far

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by clockwork
    I was refering to he didn't have to go far
    Ah.
    LOL

mtbr member
    You mean Kurt Russell?

I'm with stupid -------->
    May 2009
    I smell a locked thread coming....

I will say that I have found the last few weeks to be the most entertaining time I have spent on this site. Everybody needs to remember, it's just the internet. It only hurts you if you allow it to.

That and I am pissed I missed (and don't understand) some of the drama.... it's really not fair. Us outsiders need some background/history.

Is this going to get me a time-out?

The Most Interesting Man
    Jul 2009
    Someone said the man and then changed it....hmmm
    I Like Dirt.

The Most Interesting Man
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jdpowers
    I smell a locked thread coming....

I will say that I have found the last few weeks to be the most entertaining time I have spent on this site. Everybody needs to remember, it's just the internet. It only hurts you if you allow it to.

That and I am pissed I missed (and don't understand) some of the drama.... it's really not fair. Us outsiders need some background/history.

Is this going to get me a time-out?
    I smelled that as I was typing...and dont forget when youre in timeout its nose against the corner, no cheating.
    I Like Dirt.

dirt visionary

bland
    something something wild west? I still blame George Bush.

mtbr member
    I'm calling a "you got banned" group ride this weekend.

I am Bob
    You guys crack me up.

This is a consumer review board that uses these forums to attract us to advertisment. If moderators don't think what is happening on the board is helping that goal, or is just lame and nasty, they stop the conversation. There is nothing wrong with that. If you though mtbr.com was something different that that you aren't thinking too hard.

There are plenty of non-moderated forums out there where you can say whatever you want. I'm no insider with consumerreview.com, but I bet they simply ask the moderators to keep things civil and somewhat sanitary so it does'nt turn people away from the site. If the bulk of people viewing the forums were just looking for gay/dik/fart/puke jokes I bet that would be bad for business. It's probably better if there are photos, ride reports and interesting bike conversation.
    It works for me that it's moderated. I like to laugh, even at the threads that get locked, but I'm glad they aren't allowed to fester. People have no common sense or understnading of how things work anymore..

Saucy Size Moderator
    Bob's got it.

And based on what I've seen, yeah, other states do have this problem -- only they get it in the winter, when the snow is piled high and everyone's got cabin fever. AZ gets exactly the same way, only it's the heat and it's on the flipside of the calendar. Every year.

I know there are some disappointed, probably even angry, forum users right now. I'm not sure what to do say other than: Consumerreview.com is not a free-for-all, and the Arizona mountain biking forum is about mountain biking in Arizona. I'm not sure where anyone got the idea that it was "about" busting balls or posting off-topic content. Seriously, there's a zillion other places you can do that to your hearts' content. This is not that forum.

Don't like it? Gregg and Francois will listen to your complaints. Please, please do explain to them why you think you're owed the freedom to post anything that pops into your head.

p.
    Don't be that guy! Read the forum guidelines.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by chongoman
    You guys crack me up.

This is a consumer review board that uses these forums to attract us to advertisment. If moderators don't think what is happening on the board is helping that goal, or is just lame and nasty, they stop the conversation. There is nothing wrong with that. If you though mtbr.com was something different that that you aren't thinking too hard.

There are plenty of non-moderated forums out there where you can say whatever you want. I'm no insider with consumerreview.com, but I bet they simply ask the moderators to keep things civil and somewhat sanitary so it does'nt turn people away from the site. If the bulk of people viewing the forums were just looking for gay/dik/fart/puke jokes I bet that would be bad for business. It's probably better if there are photos, ride reports and interesting bike conversation.
    It works for me that it's moderated. I like to laugh, even at the threads that get locked, but I'm glad they aren't allowed to fester. People have no common sense or understnading of how things work anymore..
    It all goes hand in hand, brother. Sometimes people fart on bike rides.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast