Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Im going riding tomorrow morning

1K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Douger-1 
#1 ·
Going to get up at 5:30am for a little early morning Hawes action. Just sayin.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I've never ridden Hawes and my National ride got cancelled due to my buddy getting sick, so I'd be game. Where do I have to go and what time are you wanting to be on the trail? I'm coming from the 101 and Bell(McDowell). The earliest I can get out of be is 0400. How long of a ride(miles)?

MTBP

#4 ·
I was mostly posting to counter all the ridiculous threads popping up today but I'd be up for some company. The ride is usually about 10 miles give or take and I ride it in 75 minutes or so. I havent been parking at the normal spots and found a place I like much better. I plan to be on trail at 6am. Let me know if you are still interested and Ill provide more detail.

#8 ·
+1 for riding early and trying to sink the mindless TD threads.

I am looking to do an early ride this Saturday morning. Maybe out of the house at 5am. I only have limited time before I need to be back home so it will be short. Maybe 1:45 max. I live in Anthem so not close to Hawes.

#9 ·
I got out for a nice ride this morning. Met up with MTB Pilot and did a nice outer loop at Hawes. I have been parking at the bottom of Mine instead of the usual Walgreen or at the canal. The worst part of the Hawes loop IMHO is the section after Mine doing the typical CCW loop. Riding up Granite has always been a bummer for me. Its not like its long or anything just and anti climatic after Mine I guess.
Parking at the bottom of Mine is great because you are so pumped up after riding this. :rockon::cornut:

Probably heading out to K-trail Sunday morning.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.