mtbr member

I wonder if it's my settings or computer, but this sucks

SO maybe my computer settings or computer itself is a POS, I am not great with electronics and that-but I am getting sick of the new forum setup.

Here are my issues-maybe someone can offer some advice on a fix please:

Loads super slow!

When opening a thread (and logged in of course) it is now not showing most of the posters name/avatar/anything but the post.

Will load the ads, but not the content of the forum.

I know its hard to set up a new forum or make changes as I am in beta on a new Facebook page to link riders in AZ to rides and events and its kicking my a$$ right now-but this page is owned by pros.
    I expected issues but they keep getting worse. I really hope it is just my computer and its settings. Like right now, as I type this very line it is stretching into infinity................
    Find a ride on FB> AZ MTB

"Uppercase with a space"

banned
    Aug 2012
    I've also experienced the infinity stretch, and slow loading.

I wonder if they're done crunching all the images ... If not, that would explain some of the slowness of response.

Side note:
    Personally, I'd shut off the store image local feature ... Such a thing will quickly fill up a hard drive.

mtbr member
    How do I do that? Told ya I was a cpu dummy! I will gladly trade computer work for mechanical work anytime!

"Uppercase with a space"

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    What browser are you using? I use chrome....works fine.....but I also have a newish laptop.

Meatbomb
    Firefox and adblocker plus and i have no issues.

Adblock Plus - Surf the web without annoying ads!

Why deal with ads?

mtbr member
    I am considering another browser- I use IE. Everything has its drawbacks with certain programs, what are some of the drawbacks with Chrome or Firefox?

"Uppercase with a space"

SamuraiBunnyGuy
    maybe the new settings are for mobile people.

but if that were the case, the two viewing settings would not be 'fixed' and 'wide',, they would be 'regular' and 'double-wide'

mtbr member
    May 2011
    No drawbacks with Chrome. Chrome is much faster than IE.

banned
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by cstem View Post
    How do I do that? Told ya I was a cpu dummy! I will gladly trade computer work for mechanical work anytime!
    Sorry for the confusion ... I meant that the admin for this forum should shut off the store image local feature ... Nothing for you or I to do, except watch as things get ironed out.

mtbr member
    Chrome installed-I don't want to get real excited just yet, but at least this site is now showing names/avatars etc where it wasn't just 20 minutes ago on IE. I'll give the chrome a shot. If I decide I like it, I figure I should remove IE from my computer shouldn't I? Thanks for the tips all!

"Uppercase with a space"

mtbr member
    Adblock on too- thanks Phillbo. Would have given you rep, but I guess I have too much of a man crush on you and it won't let me! Heres some faux rep!

"Uppercase with a space"

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by cstem View Post
    Chrome installed-I don't want to get real excited just yet, but at least this site is now showing names/avatars etc where it wasn't just 20 minutes ago on IE. I'll give the chrome a shot. If I decide I like it, I figure I should remove IE from my computer shouldn't I? Thanks for the tips all!
    Google is better than MS in most every area these days. I got fed up with IE a while back. That said, I did have some issues that were a result of my older windows operating system, not directly related to the web browser. It made pages take forever to load. Upgraded to windows 7 and problem went away. Works fine with windows Ate for me.

Not a fan of the new pages though, just too "busy", like they are cramming too much into too small of a space. Nothing really stands out much.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

EDR
    Chrome with Adblock + Element Hider (it's a single extension) works wonderfully for me. With element hider you highlight all the fluff (like all the stuff on the right hand window pane) and block it. It widens the viewable area a ton and loads quicker...plus it's just less annoying with all that stuff gone. I also block all the stuff at the top. Mostly all I see is the meat and potatoes of this site.
    -also set the forum rules to 'wide' if you haven't already. it's at the very bottom. Wide is good for pc use, no idea how that looks on a phone.
    Last edited by eatdrinkride; 02-02-2013 at 05:57 PM.

Over the Hill
    Was a fan of Chrome on Windows 7. Now that I have Windows 8 EI is much faster than Chrome.

SamuraiBunnyGuy
    i understand your frustration sir.

banned
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by longhairmike View Post
    i understand your frustration sir.

Please Hold !

workin' it Administrator
    I cleared all my cookies, not just mtbr cookies and my MTBR works much much better. I was getting sporadic page navigation, splash pages, and other weird happenings. I finally just deleted the cache and all cookies and it is much faster and all the features are showing up.

Try it at home!
    Try this: HTFU

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    I wonder if it's my settings or computer, but this sucks-b4b.jpg

mtbr member

I wonder if it's my settings or computer, but this sucks

I used to delete all of that after every session and before shutting down. A couple days on chrome and Adblock and I am really liking it!

"Uppercase with a space"

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Don't uninstall IE. Just ignore it.

EDR
    Quote Originally Posted by nomoclips View Post
    Don't uninstall IE. Just ignore it.
    Agree.

Multiple browsers installed can be very helpful when/if you get a severe virus. I speak from experience. I keep three on my computer at all times. The virus I got a year ago on my laptop would not let me open the web in IE or FF (to start to combat the virus) but I was able to open the net with GC. That was a life saver in the attempt to clear the virus.

SamuraiBunnyGuy