Meatbomb

I found the poop fairy...

Apparently, it's ME

I stopped for a break at the top of Taliesin where it intersects Quartz yesterday and this nice couple were stopped to let their dog do it's business.. Fido squeezed out it's lunch and the lady picked it up in a nice bright blue bag, tied the bag off and dropped it off the side of the trail

I excused myself and asked if they were planning to return this way on their hike and pick up the bag on the way back ? They told me no and started to walk off. I asked who they expected to pick it up and they mumbled something about the park service

they kept walking away down Taliesin watching me like I had a third eye as I picked up the bag , double tied it and put it in my camelbak.

WTF is up with people ?????

mtbr member
    I see lots of those laying beside trails in PMP too. If people aren't going to carry it out, they shouldn't put it in the bag, just flip it off the trail and cover it with a rock or something.
    "Confidence is the feeling you have before you fully understand the situation".

mtbr member
    Are those bags supposed to be disposable? Otherwise covering it with a rock to never decompose sounds a little nasty.

meow
    Tossing it back at them as you rode by would have been fun.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    way to take one for the team

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DankyCass
    Are those bags supposed to be disposable? Otherwise covering it with a rock to never decompose sounds a little nasty.
    I meant not putting it in a bag and covering the poop with a rock. Leaving a plastic bag full of poop is worse than just leaving the poop.
    "Confidence is the feeling you have before you fully understand the situation".

I am Walt
    Utterly stupefying...I, too, have seen those little blue bags tied-off and trailside, and have always assumed/hoped that someone would be picking it up on their way back...guess not...

Those blue bags are provided as a convenience for people to pick up and pack out any "deposits" that their dogs leave behind; to think that some people think they can just leave the bags trailside, with the assumption that someone ELSE will pick it up, just boggles my mind...
    Ride more; post less...

Need more cowbell
    Quote Originally Posted by Cato
    Tossing it back at them as you rode by would have been fun.
    Make sure you have your helmet cam on for this!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo
    Apparently, it's ME

I stopped for a break at the top of Taliesin where it intersects Quartz yesterday and this nice couple were stopped to let their dog do it's business.. Fido squeezed out it's lunch and the lady picked it up in a nice bright blue bag, tied the bag off and dropped it off the side of the trail

I excused myself and asked if they were planning to return this way on their hike and pick up the bag on the way back ? They told me no and started to walk off. I asked who they expected to pick it up and they mumbled something about the park service

they kept walking away down Taliesin watching me like I had a third eye as I picked up the bag , double tied it and put it in my camelbak.

WTF is up with people ?????
    Is the poop still in your bag??

SamuraiBunnyGuy
    i say get back to the parking lot before them and lay a big old fudge dragon on the hood of their car...

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by longhairmike
    i say get back to the parking lot before them and lay a big old fudge dragon on the hood of their car...
    Word.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    I believe those blue bags are made out of corn starch (could be wrong) and they are suppose to be bio degradable. People are so insanely stupid that they think placing dog poop in a bio degradable bag on the side of the trail is better then just leaving it where it lies.

But let's face it poop on the trail is just a part of the myriad of obstacles we encounter in our wonderful sport. And poop is poop... dog, coyote, horse, bird, human... whatever.

Meatbomb
    Quote Originally Posted by longhairmike
    I can't perform like that in public ...

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Tis the season... In other news I heard Tazer has a new line...Seriously if you had the nads to call them out on it, hand the bag to the douchey a hole. Thanks for clearing it off the trail tho. I think I am getting to that point where these things piss me off enough to actually say something. The more I hang out on sedona trails the more I realize that 90% of the people in this world should not breed, yet they do...

mtbr member
    You know when you ask yourself questions like "Why are things so (effed) up?" or "Who came up with that dumb idea?" ... It's the same people who bag up their poop on and leave it on the side of the trail. It's scary how many dumb people are really out there.

Idocracy wasn't just a movie... it's a preview of things to come.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    some people are just so inconsiderate. at least they pick it up and bagged it. more than once that i ran over dog poop at PMP. if i were you i would have pick the bag up and open it and toss it at them!
    Last edited by bRyAZSig228; 03-16-2010 at 08:13 PM.
    2000 something DB Sorrento
    2010 Motobecane 29Pro SL

JohnniO
    I wonder if the poop unbagged is harmful to the coyote population and if the park service actually does pick it up. I'll have to ask one of the rangers if I ever see one.
    It pisses me off to see the dam bags though. Where are these people hearing this ?

mtbr member
    I would be shocked if the Rangers are actually telling people to leave their poop on the side of the trail in little baggies. Like this state (or any government in this economy) has the money to pay people to pick up poop.

Fragile - must be Italian
    I would have lit the bag of dog sh!t on fire and thrown it at them.

Thx...Doug

Meatbomb
    I've learned that you can't fix stoopid. I gave them a learning opportunity and could see they were not having a DING moment so figured it was easier to simply pack it out. I'm pretty much a passive person anyway.

Elitest thrill junkie
    I've learned that you can't fix stoopid.
    Nope, but you can show people how stupid they are.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

Two wheels are better
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnniO
    I wonder if the poop unbagged is harmful to the coyote population and if the park service actually does pick it up. I'll have to ask one of the rangers if I ever see one.
    It pisses me off to see the dam bags though. Where are these people hearing this ?
    This has come up enough that I also would love to find out if there is something we don't know (like the parks department telling dog owners to do this). So, I emailed an acquaintance that I have who works for Phoenix Parks and Recreation. If she gets back to me I will let everyone know.
    "There are two kinds of people in this world that go around beardless—boys and women, and I am neither one"

Meatbomb
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem
    Nope, but you can show people how stupid they are.
    And that accomplishes what ?

stoopid people just don't get it ..

Swamp Thaang Groupie
    It stinks getting dog poop on my bicycle.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    with the topic title I was afraid to open this and see another pic of the fat lady squatting next to a different bench.......

She was the poop fairy.......
    and the lurker returns to the dark corner

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I guess next time someone asks why dogs are not allowed on Pima County park trails I will just point them to this thread

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ttocs
    with the topic title I was afraid to open this and see another pic of the fat lady squatting next to a different bench.......

She was the poop fairy.......
    I see that I am not the only person who was forever scarred by the fat lady incident!..

Aaaaahhhhhh, good times!!!
    It's only skin, it'll grow back!!

Save the drama for your mama!!!

Porkchop Sandwiches!

mtbr member
    I was afraid to open it too. I left a roadside surprise (okay-thirty feet off under tree) last week on T100. Gutbomb!
    Vassago Cycles, Shadetree Bikes, Flat Tire Bikes, Galfer Brakes USA

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by slugobikes
    I guess next time someone asks why dogs are not allowed on Pima County park trails I will just point them to this thread
    Is this true? That's just sad...
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    I like cato's idea, just another example of douchebag dog owners..............Way to common these days!!!!

banned
    Sep 2007
    Best to find their car and smear a blue bags worth on the handles of the door and windshield of the driver side, as a reminder of doing your civic duty cleaning up after them. If they comment about it, let them know if they'd disposed of it properly, you wouldn't have had to show them what can happen when you leave your sh*t laying around for other people to play with in a public park and that now they can clean up after you, since you were nice enough to clean up after them. Karma, in spades.

~~~~~~~~
    wow.
    I've been following these threads because we've been *****ing about dog crap on the trails. The local agency put up pick up your poop signs but won't put up a bag dispenser because they already know that the bags will get left trail side!

It's such a bummer when the mtber's do most of the work to establish and maintain a trail system which has now become more of a dog park where we'll often see one person show up with 6-10 dogs. So much easier to bring them to the forest so you don't have to clean up the yard...

Meatbomb
    Quote Originally Posted by RandyBoy
    Best to find their car and smear a blue bags worth on the handles of the door and windshield of the driver side, as a reminder of doing your civic duty cleaning up after them. If they comment about it, let them know if they'd disposed of it properly, you wouldn't have had to show them what can happen when you leave your sh*t laying around for other people to play with in a public park and that now they can clean up after you, since you were nice enough to clean up after them. Karma, in spades.

WOW.. Talk about karma... mine is much better off for simply packing out the poop. I'll leave the angry retaliation for you to enjoy

~Disc~Golf~
    Hooray for Phillbo!
    Honestly... ahh I give up

Meatbomb
    cool... does this mean I get a cape ?

~Disc~Golf~
    Of Course!
    Honestly... ahh I give up

Meatbomb
    I am pooperman
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I found the poop fairy...-superman.jpg  

banned
    Sep 2007

Idea!

WOW.. Talk about karma... mine is much better off for simply packing out the poop. I'll leave the angry retaliation for you to enjoy
    Why not, teach some accountability for ones actions, or lack thereof. I get no enjoyment out of having to clean up after anyone.

Just Joshin' ya!
    I actually blame it on Phoenix Parks. Their signs in the park say something to the effect of "Dog litter to be removed by pet custodian." I think the boneheaded dog owners think this means that there is a pet custodian who picks this stuff up and don't get that they are the pet's custodian.

The sign should say, "Hey dumb a**, if your dog takes a dump while in the park, put it in a bag, bring it out of the park, and put it in the f**king trash.
    Getting a dropper post is like getting a bidet. I didn't know I needed one until I get one and boy, does my ass thank me.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Wow, I didn't know people did this. Whenever my wife and I go hiking with the dogs, we always bag it. Sometimes we'll place it off trail out of sight, but we always come back for it. I even tag the location in my GPS so I know exactly where it is on our way back.

I hate people who litter.

Stray Bullet
    Damn the same thing happens here in LA, I thought we were the only ones with a-holes who leave their bag of dog crap on the side of the fireroads.