Dirt Merchant

I don't think Stan's is meant for arrow holes

Keep pedalin'. You can catch your breath on the downhill!

'10 Stumpjumper Comp FSR
    '06 Rockhopper Comp

mtbr member
    I am not a hunter by any means, but this is kind of ridiculous. The chances of someone getting skewered are probably a lot less than getting bit by a snake or crashing oneself into a rescue off the property.

Plus at 33 sq miles and 330,000 annual visitors (which sounds awfully low to me but not my stat) means even if all 330,000 visitors showed up on the same day at the same time, and were hypothetically spread out among the property equally, that would be 1,300 people a square mile. You could probably still use a bow and arrow somewhat safely as long as you weren't "airing them out" and actually shooting at low to the ground game.

I say let them stay, it gives the anti bike crowd something scarier than us to rally around! I would rather the focus be put on idiots who create shooting galleries too close to roads and trails, don't use a berm to shoot into and leave all their "targets" behind afterwards.
    Find a ride on FB> AZ MTB

"Uppercase with a space"

SamuraiBunnyGuy
    probably best not to use it in any A-hole...

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Never really thought about it.. but i think i might go hunt some coyote in the mcdowells this week at sunup

mtbr member
    You should post this in the ''why I love AZ'' thread. You don't even need to leave the city to hunt

Not much of a hunter anymore. I use to still hunt with bow (on the ground, not like the sissy hunters in a tree stand).

livin' the dream......
    I saw a hunter coming down wind gate pass maybe 2 years ago on a horse with another horse in tow. He was all geared up and did have bow & gear to to go along with it. I really thought nothing of it, I figured he was prepping for a bigger hunt and just doing a dry run. I did not know hunting was allowed in the preserve.

I was more alarmed a few years ago when coming down Pemberton, near Dixie Mine Trail intersection area, hearing shot gun blasts with no warning to my right. Turns out that area is a designated hunting area and it was quail season.

I think this is a non issue for the preserve and running one user group out is no good for the other user groups. I suggest strava add a hunter group so we can see their segments and avoid those areas........

mtbr member
    I've seen people bird hunting at Pima/Dynamite before. So what? There's enough land for everybody. Shoot at me and I'll return, but other than that, they've got a much right to use the land as I do.

In fact, what are the laws about hunting from a bicycle? Get a sweet scabbard and then dismount if you see any birds or rabbits?