In the rear with the beer

How are Flagstaff trails this weekend?

In Flag for the weekend, brought my road and mountain, would much rather ride my mountain. Yeah, its kinda cold, but otherwise, anyone know how the trails are looking over on Elden, ft. valley, etc? I saw some snow on the mountain. Is it basically all mud after the rain? If anybody has some real-time intel, I'd appreciate it.....doing roading out and backs on Lake Mary rd. gets kinda boring.......
    Salvation Outdoor
    "Take it Outside...Again!!!"

mtbr member
    Well I'm 550 miles away but I would guess that anything below 8500' will be primo. Nice and tacky. There's only a couple of places that get muddy, like behind the Elk's Lodge. The around Elden Loop is perfect after a hard rain. Christmas tree and Sandy Seep trails are sandy as they travese across tilted Coconino Sandstone on the backside of Elden.

Bonneville trail, yesterday, was pretty nice outside of Ogden. No snow here, either. 11 inches at the snowtel site in the inner basin so at least a start. The Wasatch got skipped for a change.
    Last edited by rockman; 11-28-2008 at 10:10 AM.

gkl
    mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    i rode up there last weekend and it was cold and dusty. there was some snow on the ground (landing of the wasabi gap jump) and some of the ground was frozen, but nothing can make a day riding wasabi aything less than choice!
    Skid marks belong in your pants, not the trail.

In the rear with the beer
    Well, for the record, the trails were pretty darn nice this weekend. Couple muddy spots, and I learned that a light layer of snow actually provides great traction, but it was awesome. I stayed below 8000ft. Plus, it was nice to not burn thru my 100oz camelback in the 1st hour, with the low temps. Rode home with a nice big smile on my face.
    Salvation Outdoor
    "Take it Outside...Again!!!"