Thread: Honeymoon over?

mtbr member

Honeymoon over?

Jesus H. Christ, just stepped out side and it's friggin hot. What the hell happened to the nice weather?

Over/under on the first Prescott (or Flag) reference or "why are you surprised, you live in a desert" is 4.
    Last edited by Casual Observer; 06-22-2011 at 08:20 PM.
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

Elitest thrill junkie
    This is the nice weather! No AC!
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem View Post
    This is the nice weather! No AC!
    I should have taken the under.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Honeymoon over?-mtbr.png  

banned
    Jun 2011
    Uh, summer?

Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by skinny-tire View Post
    Jesus H. Christ, just stepped out side and it's friggin hot. What the hell happened to the nice weather.

Over/under on the first Prescott (or Flag) reference or "why are you surprised, you live in a desert" is 4.
    Here I thought you were going to say you had sold the Prius.
    Currently at Mayo Clinic being tested for a kidney transplant. Donors welcome.

SamuraiBunnyGuy
    i thought 115 would feel a lot hotter...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by longhairmike View Post
    i thought 115 would feel a lot hotter...
    Have you tried to cook an egg on the sidewalk yet? It's a requirement for all Midwest transplants. Oh, and you're not allowed to say "it's a dry heat" until you've been here a minimum of 10 years.

How much further ???
    Have you tried to cook an egg on the sidewalk yet? It's a requirement for all Midwest transplants. Oh, and you're not allowed to say "it's a dry heat" until you've been here a minimum of 10 years.
    Im beginning to see your wisdom skinny. When I moved out here in 06 the summers didnt seem "that" bad. As the years have gone by, contrary to what I would believe to be the normal of getting used to something the longer you are in a particular situation, Im finding it to be the opposite. I just stepped outside about 10 minutes ago and said under my breath "holy ***** this is F'n ridiculous".
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did." Mark Twain

mtbr member

I felt it...

I visited your city last week for 6 days. Wow. It does get HOT. I think it got to 110 on Wednesday. You run for relief inside every chance you get!!! Awesome city though. I love Phoenix.
    Oh, had a chance to hit Natty too. I loved it. Tuff waking up and hitting trails before 6 though to avoid the hottest temps. I visit this AZ forum more than my NM forum. Good ride stoke in here! Cannot wait to get back.
    Honeymoon over?-national.jpg

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by F.N.G View Post
    I visited your city last week for 6 days. Wow. It does get HOT. I think it got to 110 on Wednesday. You run for relief inside every chance you get!!! Awesome city though. I love Phoenix.
    Oh, had a chance to hit Natty too. I loved it. Tuff waking up and hitting trails before 6 though to avoid the hottest temps. I visit this AZ forum more than my NM forum. Good ride stoke in here! Cannot wait to get back.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	national.jpg 
Views:	288 
Size:	153.2 KB 
ID:	621625
    Hey FNG!

Mikey and I ran into you on your National ride. Good to meet ya. Nice job on the waterfall!

Meatbomb
    What does the "H" stand for anyway ?

EDR
    It's not hot yet. I did yard work (in the shade mind you) a few days ago and barely broke a sweat. 110 degrees with 8% humidity is nice compared to the monsoon season when it's 104 degrees and 40% humidity

mtbr member
    May 2011
    I sit inside and play with Christmas lights
    Yes, I'm the crazy christmas guy!

mtbr member
    Summer again, hot as hell...I never quite get used to it! "It's no way to run a desert"!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleGerl View Post
    Hey FNG!

Mikey and I ran into you on your National ride. Good to meet ya. Nice job on the waterfall!

Hey TG. Thanks for posting cuz I forgot yours and Mikey's handle to give you a shout out on this forum. I couldn't make it to the shuttle runs on Wednesday as I slept in.

You two rocked on Natty and made it look easy. It was a pleasure chatting with you two and trying to keep up with the both of you. Tell Mike I say hello.

mtbr member
    Jesus H. Christ, just stepped out side and it's friggin hot. What the hell happened to the nice weather?

ha ha, yea, i got all geared up to go riding, and left at about 1:30, got about halfway down the road, and was like, dayummmm it is f*ckin HOT!

that didn't stop me though, I still got a good 2 hours in. almost passed out carrying my bike up the stairs to the apt though.

when the wife told me it was 115 here in tempe today, i was like, oh, thats explains why it felt so hot.
    Ride like a boss..... Single speed all mountain full suspension

Knollician
    I have been pretty tolerant of the heat, I am going on my 12th year in the valley. For the past 3 years I have been riding PMP in the afternoons as my office is very close.

Yesterday, I did my typical ride with a 3:30 to 4:00 start time. There is no one in the park, and it is actually a bit creepy.

But yesterday I finally realized....summer is here. How did I know??? Mid summer rides melt your feet. As if my feet weren't hot enough, I can feel the heat radiating from the rocks and sand. It really feels like the soles are melting.

Now I have to deal with the internal struggle of riding or heading home to hop in the pool.
    "Three balls at once...who knew?" - Cotton McKnight

trail "cleaner"

proper training for summer riding...

requires the use of a hair dryer turned on full blast and held about 12" in front of your face for @ 5 minutes. If your eyes and face can stand the heat, you are good to go and ride This is the best replication of what we endure on weekday afternoon/evening rides
    No dabs allowed!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankAZ View Post
    I sit inside and play with Christmas lights
    Hey. I thought I recognized your sig from PC.. Its funny how when the temp goes back to 115.
    Home depot trips for PVC and the guy at the counter says. doing some plumbing eh?
    Answer: No, I'm building 3k light arches that dance to music.
    Clerk:

Glad to see another Christmas fanatic.

Are you going to be doing a 4th of July display? If so, Wife and I would like to come check it out.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    We moved here a month ago from Florida. I will take 110+ here in Cave Creek any day of the week over 90 there. It was 102 degrees with 90% humidity yesterday in Gainesville, FL where we're from. Skuh-rew that.

Sun Devils
    Jan 2008
    I can't complain too much. Our highs are in the 60's and 70's all weekend.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Honeymoon over?-lw-2-.jpg  

Honeymoon over?-hp1.jpg  

Honeymoon over?-lw-3.jpg  

Sun Devils
    Jan 2008
    When you need a break from riding there's always this:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Honeymoon over?-nh1.jpg  

No new blood
    Humberto. I thought everybody knew.
    "I've upped my standards. Now, up yours." - P. Paulsen

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pointerDixie214 View Post
    We moved here a month ago from Florida. I will take 110+ here in Cave Creek any day of the week over 90 there. It was 102 degrees with 90% humidity yesterday in Gainesville, FL where we're from. Skuh-rew that.
    AGREED!!!!
    I actually moved from AZ to Florida in the early 90s. I was planning on getting residency, and then transferring to FU (or is it UF). I ended up moving back with 9 months, as I could not stand the friggin weather. I HATE humidity.