mtbr member

Help a starving ASU student?

I rode with a buddy last week that is working his way through the latter part of his PHD at ASU and not exactly bucks up (not much free time either of course).

Anyway, his rear hub seized up and destroyed itself beyond repair. Does anybody local have an obsolete but serviceable V-brake style 26in rear wheel assembly kicking around that they would like to sell for a few bucks?

I'm providing the tools and the time.

He can get a brand new rear wheel with an LX hub at Adventure for like $60, but less would $$ be better...

Thanks in advance..sorry if this is not appreciated, just want to help the guy out
    Check my pulse...

slow uphill
    might be disc but I have the older style Saint wheels laying around - the one where the rear der attaches to the axle. probably not ideal, but I have the der that goes with it. not sure about brakes, but I might have those too.

i won't be able to meet up for a hand off until next weekend, but if you don't have a solution by then, maybe this stuff will work.

SamuraiBunnyGuy
    how 'bout some 1996 spinergy rev-x-roks mtb blade wheels? you might want to change the decals back from saying penisrgy though...

mtbr member
    Thanks for the responses,

I will pass along these options and keep you posted.

Those penisrgy wheels would be cool on a beer run bike..

Beer Run - YouTube

Not familiar with that early saint setup, I'll check it out. Sounds workable.
    Check my pulse...