mtbr member

Heading to Texas Tech vs. Texas -trails along the way?

my bro is a season ticket holder for texas tech and i'm heading over in a few weeks for my Big 12, texas BBQ, blowout weekend fix.....crabtree won't be able to catch the game winner like last time, but it will be a riot none the less.

anyway, back to my post.....i'm planning to take the santa cruz and wanted to get a ride or two in along the way. I'm planning to camp one night (maybe around Gallup or Grants?) and was wondering if anyone knows any good singletrack loops around that area (and places to camp for that matter)?

I'm thinking a 3-4 hour ride Wednesday night and another couple hour ride Thursday morning would be prime. planning to get back on the rode by noonish Thursday.

if anyone know of good shops or singletrack loops around those areas, it would be great to get a little insight!

thanks,

CR
    Maah Daah Hey

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by arctic slalom
    my bro is a season ticket holder for texas tech and i'm heading over in a few weeks for my Big 12, texas BBQ, blowout weekend fix.....crabtree won't be able to catch the game winner like last time, but it will be a riot none the less.

anyway, back to my post.....i'm planning to take the santa cruz and wanted to get a ride or two in along the way. I'm planning to camp one night (maybe around Gallup or Grants?) and was wondering if anyone knows any good singletrack loops around that area (and places to camp for that matter)?

I'm thinking a 3-4 hour ride Wednesday night and another couple hour ride Thursday morning would be prime. planning to get back on the rode by noonish Thursday.

if anyone know of good shops or singletrack loops around those areas, it would be great to get a little insight!

thanks,

CR
    Where are you comming from? Are you traveling on highway 40? I know there's good stuff around gallup, but do not miss Flagstaff if you are comming that way. Flagstaff has some truely epic trails with good elevation change. Even closer to the highway, there is a real good loop in Williams as well, very Flagstaff-like.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    jayem,

i'll think i'm gonna head up through payson and go to 40 then across through gallup and albuquerue...looking like turn off 40 at santa rosa and down towards plainview.

i appreciate your offer on Flag. I need to make it up there sometime and ride before the snow flies. i'll look you up if you have some time.

any good shops in Gallup?

CR
    Maah Daah Hey