Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Heading to Pinetop

2K views 31 replies 14 participants last post by  ABQ Clydesdale 
#1 ·
This weekend and camping overnight in Los Burros.

Anyone have any trail beta? I think we already plan on doing the couple loops from the campground but anything else out there?

Thanks!

#13 ·
The cameras in Showlow are all down. But they do patrol quite a bit there and Pinetop. I smashed my face really bad on Los Burros father's day weekend. Spent a good bit of time in Summit Healthcare ER. Watch out for the rock after the second jump after the trail goes down hill past the shortcut.

#19 ·
Well my first Los Burros experience got cut real short. Just made it to the start of the single track heading CCW and the rain started. Hunkered under some oak trees for about 20 mins and it just wouldn't ease up. Totally bummed. Area was really beautiful. Saw a couple horses just as I got onto the single track. Not sure if they were wild but they definitely caught me off guard. Looking forward to trying this ride again when it's a little dryer.

#26 ·
Hi Folks,

I'll be visiting Pinetop from New Mexico later this month. Never been there before.

From the info in this thread it sounds like Los Burros is the best option to mix in some technical riding. Is that correct?

If so, how far is it from the center of town to the Los Burros TH(s)?

Any other info you can provide?

Thanks,
ABQ Clyde

#29 ·
Yea, if you want technical try Blue Ridge or for very technical try the Springs Trail. Springs is called out by the forest service as "moderate" but it's pretty darn technical if you ask me. Springs is only 3.5 miles and relatively flattish but it really makes you maneuver your bike in spots. I HAB'd several times.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.