Addicted to 2 wheels

Hawesfest 2018 - January 20th, 9-2ish, Boulder Park, Las Sendas

January 20th from 9-2ish will be Hawesfest.
    Boulder Mountain Park, Las Sendas
    Mesa, Arizona 85207

This is put on by the Hawesaholics, but it would feel wrong not to throw this out to the MTBR crowd.

What is Hawesfest? Optional group rides for all levels, followed by different scored bike games, food, Raffle Prizes (Sponsors Welcome) Clinics (Rob Drew on bike skills, and might do short Trail First Aid one too), Tunes, and people. This event is for the folks and families of those that loves Hawes. Kids are invited and we will work to make it fun for them.

Invite whoever you want, but try to share a head count on here. I have posted elsewhere and reached out to some other groups. You don't have to be a local to attend. Try to update status and/or post a quantity.

9ish - Sign in and get a number (for games later). Quick overview of rides and day's schedule.

9ish-11ish - Group Rides: Group Rides to go out at 9am and get back at 11ish for adults and 10ish for kids. Mellow No Drop ride on lower stuff. B level ride for a better pace and a bit more, An A level ride to push and climb. 2 kids rides (one for experienced, and one for low skilled). I have ride leaders. Feel free to go on your own group ride too and meet us at 11. Need folks to lead rides. 2 easy and advanced, Adult, C, B and A groups.

11ish-2ish Bike Games: (Need some volunteers. Also, open to any other bike game ideas too.)
    - Sand drag race 5 a time - with semis and a main
    - Best bike trick
    - Twisted curb balance for distance
    - How many circles in a minute (Will speed or dizziness win?)
    - One foot/Last Man Standing
    - Barrel Race - Timed clay baseball diamond sprint
    - Obstacle course. Cones, side walk chalk, obstacles. DO YOU HAVE ANY OBSTACLES to bring? Tom Fisher, can we use your stuff?
    - Bike Soccer - ?
    - Wheelie longest/progress to style
    - There will also be some bike trivia too.
    - Pic with most likes on the Hawesaholic site will receive something too. (Group pics, Wildflower pics, action shots, ...)

Games will be scored and winners will be announced. Will try to get some kind of awards from a thrift shop or something.
    12ish-12:30ish - Quick skills clinic by local Pro Enduro Racer and Pivot rider, Rob Drew. Rob and his brother Rich run the The Ride Series MTB Clinics nationwide. Stoked to have Rob involved.
    12:30ish-2ish - Food and Beverage: Some folks are bringing food. Feel free to bring something. Post up! Or bring some cash and we can order a bunch of pizza. Could use a plate/paper towel/utensil/extra trash bags sponsor and a water bottle sponsor. BYOB of course, and I will be bringing some.

Last, be cool and helpful to everyone who attends.

All cars will be tagged with a Hawesaholic sticker. Will have shirts available too.

How many will attend? I am thinking 100ish. We had 40ish last year. Use the RSVP function.

mtbr member
    Watch out for razor wire

Addicted to 2 wheels
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannonball View Post
    Watch out for razor wire
    Kind of a strange comment out of left field? Fill me in on the joke or actual warning of danger?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SugarHigh View Post
    Kind of a strange comment out of left field? Fill me in on the joke or actual warning of danger?
    Guy on FB MTB AZ group posted a video of supposed "razor wire" (read cacti) at Hawes

Meatbomb
    I don't see the RSVP function... Maybe post a poll with only an "I'll be there" selection....

Addicted to 2 wheels
    I copied and pasted from FB. Just Post up if you plan to come and with how many.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    I don't see the RSVP function... Maybe post a poll with only an "I'll be there" selection....

Addicted to 2 wheels
    Hawesfest Update, Saturday, Jan 20 @ 9 @ Boulder Park.
    Fellow Hawesaholic, Clint Poole has been an outdoor guide in multiple disciplines and is a certified Wilderness First Responder. He has offered a quick clinic around 11:00. First Aid Kit

From Clint: A 15 minute “what’s in my first aid kit” presentation and why... maybe just cover the stages of “when to involve a professional”.

We also discussed a little longer follow up clinic in the future.

Thanks Clint! See you at Hawesfest. Hit Like for Clint.

Meatbomb