Addicted to 2 wheels

Hawes or Papago Hot Rides - Weekdays around 5?

Getting tired of riding solo since most folks I know seem to be afraid of a little heat.

Anybody else up for riding Hawes or Papago hot? Weekdays around 5 or later works pretty good for me. I know it is still pretty hot, but it does not bother me unless it gets over 110, then I do shorter rides. Shooting to get around an hour or so in.

I prefer Hawes, but Papago is on the way home from work, so I can make that happen from 4:30 to 5:30 ready to ride.

I ussually ride with little to no stops and average around 9 mph at Hawes, quicker pace at Papago on average. I am open for more stops and other speeds though. I will chase someone faster, or slow down the pace too.

Anyone interested?

I am going today, Wednesday June 19th at 5 at Hawes. Staging form my house which is conveniently located for trail access. Let me know.

P.S. I hear Mountain Lions don't like to eat when it is hot!
    Last edited by SugarHigh; 06-19-2013 at 04:47 PM.

SamuraiBunnyGuy
    ill probably start hawes at 6 or 6:30

SamuraiBunnyGuy
    i started out riding alone,, then finished with Sy Dualtaire between cardiac and mudflaps.... argh

mtbr member
    I work very close to Papago and we ride it every Thursday year around leaving at 5:30 most of the time if you ever want to meet up. Also on Tuesdays at Papago they have the Short track Papago Short Track Papago

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    ..also live near Hawes trail.. ride in late afternoons (6-8) a couple times a week.. do the lower hawes + trw loops usually

Addicted to 2 wheels
    Quote Originally Posted by 28/29 WIT View Post
    I work very close to Papago and we ride it every Thursday year around leaving at 5:30 most of the time if you ever want to meet up. Also on Tuesdays at Papago they have the Short track Papago Short Track Papago
    Thursdays are a tough night, but I should be able to make it on ocasion. Where do you stage? I did STP once last year. It was fun, and painful. I should give it another shot. With work schedule, 430 is ideal for Papago, but later can work too.

Addicted to 2 wheels
    Quote Originally Posted by efrestedt View Post
    ..also live near Hawes trail.. ride in late afternoons (6-8) a couple times a week.. do the lower hawes + trw loops usually
    I can do a 600 ride. I enter upper. Where do you start and do you ride to the trails?

I will be riding Friday.

Happy Trails

Hawes or Papago Hot Rides - Weekdays around 5?

DNA Mesa is hosting night rides at Hawes from the shop on Thursdays. This might be an alternative. Info on the web or in the shop.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    I'm down below the walgreens in Red Mtn. I usually meet up by the guard shack (if you want to call it that) on the Thomas entrance and catch the trail there.

What time is your ride tomorrow? What upper trails do you usually ride?

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    "DNA Mesa is hosting night rides at Hawes from the shop on Thursdays. This might be an alternative. Info on the web or in the shop. "

Good to know... thanks for the info...

Addicted to 2 wheels
    Quote Originally Posted by efrestedt View Post
    I'm down below the walgreens in Red Mtn. I usually meet up by the guard shack (if you want to call it that) on the Thomas entrance and catch the trail there.

What time is your ride tomorrow? What upper trails do you usually ride?
    I live up quite a bit. I ussually enter from Diamond Point, towards the top of Hawes, or from Red Mtn Trail. It drops in on lower Hawes, up a 1/3 mile from the turn to go North, or go straigh and it turns to fence line. How abou twe meet up at that junction at 6:05? I would prefer to pass on fenceline and back.

Map: http://www.globalbikesbikeshop.com/C..._HAWES_MAP.pdf

I ride everything there. I likely ride TRW, Power and Fenceline the least. I like to incorporate Mine or Twisted Sister whenever I can. I don't get out on Wildhorse enough.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by SugarHigh View Post
    I live up quite a bit. I ussually enter from Diamond Point, towards the top of Hawes, or from Red Mtn Trail. It drops in on lower Hawes, up a 1/3 mile from the turn to go North, or go straigh and it turns to fence line. How abou twe meet up at that junction at 6:05? I would prefer to pass on fenceline and back.

Map: http://www.globalbikesbikeshop.com/C..._HAWES_MAP.pdf

I ride everything there. I likely ride TRW, Power and Fenceline the least. I like to incorporate Mine or Twisted Sister whenever I can. I don't get out on Wildhorse enough.
    ..sent PM with email to coordinate further... don't want to drop it here for the crawlers.. -e

Addicted to 2 wheels
    Kids are getting in the way today. I am going to have to go from 4-5, or not at all. Let's shoot for next week Eric.

SamuraiBunnyGuy
    im going later this afternoon,, but no sooner than a 6 start..

i prefer a more masochistic clockwise route up mine,, and then finish up with a leisurely climb up cardiac to the hawes loop trail,, at the end dropping onto hawes rd and coasting the streets back down after sunset.
    i try to skip twisted/ wildhorse during the summer months. its one hell of a ****ing walk back if something goes wrong.

Addicted to 2 wheels
    Will ride Hawes today, Monday, at 6ish. Anybody can to go? Looking to ride 90 minutes. Meet at the junction of Fenceline and Hawes, or stage from my house up on the hill.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Any slower riders out there interested in this? I live close to Hawes but am still a bit slow and out of shape. If there is a B group going tomorrow or Friday I'm in.
    Gravity G29 with mods
    Motobecane Fantomcross Pro
    Trek 5900
    Random Giant MTB converted to SS grocery getter.

lets ride
    Still looking for people to ride with? I'm in, I get off work at 230 everyday and I'm getting tired of DC.

Addicted to 2 wheels
    I am in. Will be riding today around 6. Tuesday and Thursday are options too.

Ride 'Til Your Knees Hurt
    Subscribing since I live a few blocks from the TH and am burnt on riding solo...
    Can you hear me now?

SamuraiBunnyGuy
    i need to ride too,, its been over 2 weeks for me. business issues to tend to.

id rather start after 6 and ride till dark