Addicted to 2 wheels

Hawes - Night Beerduro #5 - Friday, July 7th - Pedal @ 7pm - Las Sendas House

Hawes Night Beerduro on Friday, July 7th at 7:00, show by 6:45. Will be from my house in Las Sendas. Will add address when closer to even, or send PM. It will be a little warm, but manageable.

Will start going down Upper Hawes. Secret to Switchbacks for sure. Going to be running Mine in the dark (will offer a bypass). Likely do Ridge from Pride Rock to the Wash. You don't have to be a great rider to do this event, as format will give you time to catch your breath, but you should be able to ride the trails I listed above.

Expect around 4-5 test sections (you are times from start to finish of each section). 8-9 miles with around 800-900 feet of climbing.
    Beverage chug (beer or soda, x 10 seconds for one of the tests).
    Mulligans (you get time deducted from your time): Joke 30, Trail Stoke 30, Style 30, Beers Carried 5 each, Best Crashes 30, Obstacles will be determined.
    Add it all up and 2nd place is your winner.

Back to my place by around 10:00. We have had teenagers do Night Beerduros and will have at least one on this one too. Folks are respectful, and they can only have water or a soda at the chug of course.

Will roll into the backyard for results, some food/beverage. Will have bbq, so feel free to bring something.

Great chance to grab a shirt. I got some more Beerduro shirts. Also have Hawesaholic shirts now too. Both in dri fir/athletic material.

mtbr member
    Jan 2017
    Wishing all you riders the very best; and I look forward to joining you, and helping organize, this 'winter'.
    Ride to live; live to ride;
    Cheers
    TS

mtbr member
    I should be able to make it this time! I'll bring along the timers.
    Shit happens...

Addicted to 2 wheels
    You get the bugs worked out? I am down giving it another go. If we have 10% fails, we can give a time that is representative of the riders other test rankings instead of the average? Or we can just go old school. Let me know your thoughts.

Addicted to 2 wheels
    Hawes Night Beerduro is tonight! Please post up if you plan to make it.

7755 E Western Hills, Mesa Gate: #7777
    Show by 6:45 and pedal by 7p. I expect around 25 folks, but that can grow easily. Big thanks to Ali for doing finish timing.

Bring extra been if you like beer. I have 32 host dogs, but feel free to bring some snacks to share if you want. You are welcome to jump in the pool if you want after the ride. Bring water, extra tube, fun attitude, tequila, whiskey, ... Remember the Mulligans!!!! Google a joke! Got a style idea?

Check your pressure before you hit the first test. We get 1-2 flats almost every time. That sucks for you and the whole group.

I have 5 Beerduro shirts left for $20. I also have Hawesaholic shirts too for $15, and any extra goes to the East Valley NICA team.

Forecast is not 109 at 7p, but with clouds. I rode yesterday same time and it was not bad. based on group, will decide on Mine or not in the dark. It is mainly the extra climb with temps being a bit warm.

Hit me up with questions on here or text me at 48o-29o-thirtynineoo

Beer Drnkr w/bike problem
    how did it go? wish I could have been there.
    "Not drinking is the Single Speed World Championships version of doping" -Jacquie Phelan

E-bikes are Mountain Mopeds

Addicted to 2 wheels
    We had 19 folks show. It was a record heat day and then we had possible lighting/monsoon heading our way, so we had quite a few chicken out.

It was a good time as usual. Fun group. Had a flat on the first stage of course and one crash that cause Cody to bail out due to shoulder pain. We added Mine trail to the mix this year and it was fun for sure. Arturo brough his SS and paid the price with possible heat exhaustion. We went with the Arturo electronic scoring and it got a little wonky, but we were able to get some scoring out.

Sam Greene got the glorious 2nd place. We drank more than usual on this one. Didn't kick people out until 2:45 at night and had someone crash out on the couch. Pool felt great.

There is now talk of a Beerduro in Payson in August or September. I will follow up on that. Should have a great Somo Beerduro in the Fall. Expect it to be VERY technical with Mulligans being tech features. My vision for the next day Hawes Beerduro will be a figure 8 including the Goat trail stuff, Pass Mountain and much of the key Hawes stuff at close to 30 miles and 3500 feet of elevation. It will not be for most riders.

Who took my gears?
    Quote Originally Posted by SugarHigh View Post
    My vision for the next day Hawes Beerduro will be a figure 8 including the Goat trail stuff, Pass Mountain and much of the key Hawes stuff at close to 30 miles and 3500 feet of elevation. It will not be for most riders.
    Now we're talkin!
    "You either want to or you don't."

Addicted to 2 wheels
    Dennis, Gears will be recommended for this one. The first climb is f%&#ing brutal with gears. Only the gnarliest SS could do it. After that SS would be fine though.

DFL>DNF>DNS
    If I can get my sh!t together, which is becoming more & more unlikely, I'd love to incorporate a Beerduro theme into the Bikepacking101 ride!! Do a few timed riding sections, timed HAB section, timed chug, timed segments for getting your sleep system setup & filtering a liter of H2O, etc.
    I ride the crappy trails so you don't have to
    My Two Schillingsworth

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by schillingsworth View Post
    If I can get my sh!t together, which is becoming more & more unlikely, I'd love to incorporate a Beerduro theme into the Bikepacking101 ride!! ...timed HAB section, ... timed segments for getting your sleep system setup & filtering a liter of H2O, etc.

Do you have a sundial to use for a timer... Ha
    Joe
    '12 Santa Cruz Highball 29", '13 Santa Cruz Solo 27.5",Vassago Verhauen SS 29" XC, AM, blah blah blah.. I just ride.