Addicted to 2 wheels

Hawes Friday 5ish to 7ish

I am planning to ride some Hawes today for around 2 hours. Thinking an out and back to NRA. Come home with lights at the end. Can stage at my house, or meet on trail where Hawes and Fenceline tee.

If you have no lights we can figure another plan out.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    I'd like to to Hawes this Saturday early morning if you're interested. I've done nothing but the canals to this point and looking for some folks to ride with. Let me know.

How much further ???
    We riding Saturday morning?
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did." Mark Twain

Addicted to 2 wheels
    Caz, I definetely want to show you around Hawes. This Saturday might not be best. I have a big morning planned. If Hawes, then from 6 to 9ish, I will be focusing on evelevation, hitting the hardest climbs there multiple times. Or I will be going to SOMO riding straight for 3+ hours with a lot of climbing. It will be a ride awakening from the canals.

How about Monday or Wednesday around 5 or so?

SamuraiBunnyGuy
    lots of snakes out there around sunset this past week. make sure to scan plenty far ahead.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I've ridden through most of Hawes, but I've only been out there 3 or 4 times so I'm not an expert or anything. I just started renting a room in Las Sendas so I'll be upping the frequency.

I'm planning on riding Saturday morning if you want to meet up.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Sorry, I'm going to have to bail on Sat. Single dad here and my daughter pulled a last minute request on me for Saturday and I've got ice hockey Sunday morning.

Sugar, Wed might work I'll get back to you on Monday if that's cool.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    I hit Hawes this morning by myself and learned I'm in no shape to be riding with anyone but beginners at this point. Climbs left me winded and I had to take plenty of breaks. I've got to get myself into better shape for this kind of riding but I had a blast and can't wait to do it again.

How much further ???
    Way to go for getting out there. I remember my first ride at Hawes after reading it was suggested as a place for beginners/intermediate riders. Well let me tell you I was in way over my head especially coming from the midwest. I remember thinking if this is the easy stuff I cant imagine what the hard stuff is like. Hang in there. Keep at it and you will flying around those trails in no time.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did." Mark Twain