Addicted to 2 wheels

Hawes Beerduro 2, Daylight Edition? - May 11th @ 4

The Hawes Night Beerduro turned out to be a lot of fun during AZSF week. We had a wide range of levels and it worked well for all. I wanted to do another, but in the daylight this time. Quite a few folks could not make it happen because they don't light up.

Format would be very similar, but maybe change up the timed secitons a bit. Maybe do a surprise climb test too?

I was thinking Saturday, May 11th at 4:00. We should be all done and off trail by 7:00. I would consider Sunday the 12th too.

If we get enough interest, I will coordinate it. If not I will go for a 3 hour ride. So let me know your thoughts.

Here with the format last time:

We will have at least 1 timed section. Likely on Hawse trail at the Diomond Point start, cut off to Disneyland (the only right), ending around the junction to go to Secret . If it goes smooth and does not burn a lot of time, I have three others in mind. 2. Secret Trail ending after the Switch Backs. 3. Mine Downhill. 4. The fun flowy section of Ridge heading toward the canal staging. No gaurantees on how many we will do. Let's just see how it goes and how the group likes it.

The last stage will be near the end of the ride at the elusive Cold Beer Bush. You will be timed how quickly you can finish a beer, seconds x 10. If you do not drink beer, I hear the elsuive Bush will have soda too. There are no rules on how you finish that beer, but no cups or other supplies will be provided. The beer bush will only have Bud Light.

Your combined time will be tallied and one rider will emerge in glory and much respect. So yeah, this will be real serious. We will try to score this right after in my driveway/garage. Tunes, chairs, ...

I will provide a time card and pens. The card can be taped on your bike, or just put it in your pocket. My plan is that one rider starts the test. They will write a start time on the riders card. Another rider goes down first and times themself, writing the stop time on their card. They stop and then record everyones time and write it on their cards.

We will give 30 seconds of space between riders. Folks that know they are fast, should go first. If someone catches you, you get out of their way asap. If someone is hurt and needs assistance, you obviously stop. After the first test, we should have a good pecking order. The last person then writes there time, goes, and finishes. After that, the group goes on to the next section to repeat. Me and Doug will likely be the check point folks.

mtbr member
    I missed the AZSF so I'm hoping to make this one.

mtbr member

Checking my schedule now....

Sent from your Moms phone using Tapinthat.
    Find a ride on FB> AZ MTB

"Uppercase with a space"

I am Walt

Darkness and lights are key!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    Ride more; post less...

Addicted to 2 wheels
    This is still on. I have a lot of.non mtbr folks that say they are in so it should be a good showing. Will have fast and less fast folks like last time.

Post up if you are in or ha e questions.

mtbr member

What kind of distance/pace was the last one like? Any gpx or strava to check out. I really want to do this but have rode only 35 miles in the last 5 weeks due to work. I can suffer pretty good though!

Sent from your Moms phone using Tapinthat.
    Find a ride on FB> AZ MTB

"Uppercase with a space"

DFL>DNF>DNS
    SugarHigh: Did this ever go down? Beerduro II champ?? RR & Pics!!
    Ski. Ride. Hike. Be.
    My Two Schillingsworth

Addicted to 2 wheels
    cstem, Sorry.for not.responding. you would have been fine.

We had lower turnout this time. Day before mothers day was probably not a good idea. I also invited someone that was way out of shape. That messed up the pace too. it was still fun though. Beers were cold too.

I will do another in the Fall.