Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

Has anyone used Bike Doctor - Chris Fielder ?

Could use some opinions. His website sucks - no info what-so-ever. Good yelp and google reviews, but that could be all sham.

Bike stores close way too early for me to get there after work (talking about you Sunday Cycle) and others that are open later take forever to get anything done (yes that's you Exhale). "Hi, can I get these brakes installed - yes, bring your bike in two weeks." Geez thanks.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by metalaficionado View Post
    Could use some opinions. His website sucks - no info what-so-ever. Good yelp and google reviews, but that could be all sham.

Bike stores close way too early for me to get there after work (talking about you Sunday Cycle) and others that are open later take forever to get anything done (yes that's you Exhale). "Hi, can I get these brakes installed - yes, bring your bike in two weeks." Geez thanks.

Don't know about the Bike Doctor, but you might try this guy. I haven't had any work done yet but have ordered parts from him seems to know his stuff and he can come to you.
    His name is Jon Driver

Thrill Bikes - Home

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Azpilot View Post
    Don't know about the Bike Doctor, but you might try this guy. I haven't had any work done yet but have ordered parts from him seems to know his stuff and he can come to you.
    His name is Jon Driver

Thrill Bikes - Home
    Just talked to him, sounds like a good guy.

mtbr member
    Chris Fiedler is an outstanding bike mechanic, and one of the best wheel builders I have ever met. He is also a great guy, and has given me some real solid deals. Once traded my 68 Baracuda for a brand new DBR Vlink (long time back). A lot of folks know him and trust him.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by papatini View Post
    Chris Fiedler is an outstanding bike mechanic, and one of the best wheel builders I have ever met. He is also a great guy, and has given me some real solid deals. Once traded my 68 Baracuda for a brand new DBR Vlink (long time back). A lot of folks know him and trust him.
    Thanks, good to know. Too bad, I couldn't get a hold of him.

mtbr member

Good job!

Bart: I would think you are safe with Chris. He has a ton of experience. I first met Chris in 1992 after taco-ing my rear wheel on my Trek 8000 HT on Trail 100. My friend Kurt drove me over to the shop he worked at on 19th Ave, south of Indian School. Back in 1992, I didn't have much money and surely couldn't afford a new wheel, which I thought was the ONLY solution. Well, Chris worked on it for about an hour and fixed it! I was amazed. I ended up riding on that same wheel through college and then some.

-Richie
    -boom

Got a suspension fork
    Not trying to thread-jack, but find worthy shops in the valley, is anybody familiar with Industry Bikes in Chandler? I stopped by the store and the owner was a really nice guy, shop seemed great, but I've never had any work done there or know anybody who has.

Appreciate any input, I don't get much done at the shop, but good to have a go-to place when needed.
    ONE SHOX, ONE GEAR, LOTS of FUN! www.TrailFu.com My Rides

mtbr member
    Aug 2010

Don't get me started.
    "Hi, I need to get a spoke replaced and the wheel trued. How long will it take?"
    "Well, we have to order the spokes (!). It just depends. [As an aside] they don't allow to keep parts in stock."

BTW, I just needed run-of-the mill spokes, not anything fancy...

This is the same shop where I inquired if they had a 10-speed Shinmano derailleur (ANY LEVEL) in stock. Nope, they didn't have one. He acted like 10-speed gearing was foreign to him and it would be silly carry even one!

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by randyharris View Post
    Not trying to thread-jack, but find worthy shops in the valley, is anybody familiar with Industry Bikes in Chandler? I stopped by the store and the owner was a really nice guy, shop seemed great, but I've never had any work done there or know anybody who has.

Appreciate any input, I don't get much done at the shop, but good to have a go-to place when needed.
    Never been but know somebody who works there part time. He speaks highly of it.
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by randyharris View Post

The crew at Industry is great. Mike the owner of the shop is friendly and down to earth, and Craig the head mechanic, and all around nice person, is really the only person other than myself that I would let touch my bikes. I am the first to admit, that I can be a pain in the ass when it comes to dealing with things like creaks and squeaks on bikes, and I pretty much know that he will get it figured out. In the short time the shop has been open, they have already gone out of their way on a few things to help me out. Cannot recommend them enough.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010

I have used Chris before and have always been happy with his work. Plus he's a nice guy. I have also had less then good experiences with exhale, actually more than once. I bought a bike from them in 09 and got a good deal but after that the service sucked. I tried giving them many chances and was never happy with the service or the attitudes I got from them. Just my 2 cents.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Azpilot View Post
    His name is Jon Driver

Thrill Bikes - Home
    Jon is a good guy, used to work with him years ago. You can go to him with confidence.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Try Swiss American. They are open till 7. Good guys and pretty fast turnaround.

Got a suspension fork
    Quote Originally Posted by jvm051 View Post
    The crew at Industry is great. Mike the owner of the shop is friendly and down to earth, and Craig the head mechanic, and all around nice person, is really the only person other than myself that I would let touch my bikes. I am the first to admit, that I can be a pain in the ass when it comes to dealing with things like creaks and squeaks on bikes, and I pretty much know that he will get it figured out. In the short time the shop has been open, they have already gone out of their way on a few things to help me out. Cannot recommend them enough.
    Much appreciated.

Just another half mile...
    Ditto experience that I had with him back in the 90's before I really started working on my own bikes. Good to see he is still around!

Quote Originally Posted by papatini View Post

mtbr member
    Well, two days later I haven't heard back from Chris. Already had two conversations with Jon and are in the process of setting up time.
    THanks guys.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    All experiences with Thrill have been great. My bikes go to Jon for service.

minimac
    Oct 2009

Bike Dr

Is he the guy who rides with the custom tricked out bi level bar? I think he has one arm shorter than the other.

mtbr member
    Yes. That's Chris.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

minimac
    Oct 2009
    He about ran me and my 2 buddies off the BCT at Rock Springs Sunday. We were all about half a mile apart and he basically did the same thing to all three of us when he came up behind us. Apparently none of us moved over fast enough for him ( 3 mili seconds) so he felt it was ok to get his undies in a bunch and yell at us to move over. News flash little dude, where the f are you going to move over on BCT? Trust me, you had to be there to really get it. The guy was a real tool!
    Apparently he was racing from Rock Springs to Little Pan and back trying to set a personal best and he forgot a few things.
    1) He's not the only one on the trail.
    2) It's not HIS trail.
    3) Save that BS for race day and even then, don't go there!
    4) If you're going to be a total ahole, have enough brains to not drive a vehicle with your company name on it.
    I just wondering if that was an isolated case or was that his typical trail etiquette.
    Has anyone else had the pleasure?

mtbr member
    Sorry to hear about your experience. Since you have done the work of tracking down the offender through this thread, and completely trashed him- are you now going to use the contact info above, actually contact the alleged offender and figure out why he ran you down? Or are you just going to be a key board cowboy? Not sure why you even posted this before you contacted the dude.
    Find a ride on FB> AZ MTB

"Uppercase with a space"

Got a suspension fork
    Quote Originally Posted by cstem View Post
    Sorry to hear about your experience. Since you have done the work of tracking down the offender through this thread, and completely trashed him- are you now going to use the contact info above, actually contact the alleged offender and figure out why he ran you down? Or are you just going to be a key board cowboy? Not sure why you even posted this before you contacted the dude.
    If somebody is a jerk why bother contacting them and telling them? they are probably already aware of how they behave. Dude just relayed his personal experience. I'm sure the 'alleged offender' is free to speak for himself on the thread if he wants.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sparky09 View Post
    He about ran me and my 2 buddies off the BCT at Rock Springs Sunday. We were all about half a mile apart and he basically did the same thing to all three of us when he came up behind us. Apparently none of us moved over fast enough for him ( 3 mili seconds) so he felt it was ok to get his undies in a bunch and yell at us to move over. News flash little dude, where the f are you going to move over on BCT? Trust me, you had to be there to really get it. The guy was a real tool!
    Apparently he was racing from Rock Springs to Little Pan and back trying to set a personal best and he forgot a few things.
    1) He's not the only one on the trail.
    2) It's not HIS trail.
    3) Save that BS for race day and even then, don't go there!
    4) If you're going to be a total ahole, have enough brains to not drive a vehicle with your company name on it.
    I just wondering if that was an isolated case or was that his typical trail etiquette.
    Has anyone else had the pleasure?
    Are you Tyler?

I only see 2 riders posted rides on Strava on Feb. 2nd on the segment you mentioned.
    Strava Segment | Whole Enchilada Part 1 BCC to LPL

mtbr member
    Are you Tyler?

I only see 2 riders posted rides on Strava on Feb. 2nd on the segment you mentioned.
    Strava Segment | Whole Enchilada Part 1 BCC to LPL
    Creepy...
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Casual Observer View Post
    Creepy...
    Welcome to cyberage amigo...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast