Endurance Junkie

Green mountain ride-able again!!!

Yes it's true, the tree's that were an issue are no more. Now it might be the new (obstacles) that are on the trail that could be an issue for some, I'll know more after tomorrow.If anyone would like to join, Mr. Brown and I will be meeting at le buzz at 7:00am wed.to shuttle Greenie,Bugs and maybe Milli .

mtbr member
    Good to hear greenie is open. Dude you are doing this ride in the AM, then your going out for a night ride. Also doing half this ride on thursday, you are a wildman endurancejunkie for sure. See ya at 6 pm for the night ride. Later.
    SHITBIRD

parenting for gnarness
    Quote Originally Posted by helimech
    you are a wildman endurancejunkie for sure. .

Max i'm looking forward to attempting to ride with you. i know Chad is super-human, and i believe you will confirm that our state is in fact being invaded by an alien species of ultra-riders bent on velo-domination. All the silly sightless people who have been ignoring my warnings will be forced to admit that i am not crazy, and give me back my sharp objects!! Now where did i put the tinfoil hat that blocks the mind-scan rays?

Tucson, AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by bikes4max
    Yes it's true, the tree's that were an issue are no more. Now it might be the new (obstacles) that are on the trail that could be an issue for some, I'll know more after tomorrow.If anyone would like to join, Mr. Brown and I will be meeting at le buzz at 7:00am wed.to shuttle Greenie,Bugs and maybe Milli .
    I think I will have 3-5 people at 50-year trail on Thrs, so I am out on leading the Bugs-Millie group. The addition of the Greenie is going to be a gnarly, burly ride, one that I would be hurting from, sooooooo, I do like the idea of having two groups, one at Bugs and the other at Greenie.

Side note: I thought we said 730am, but 7:00am is better! Mmmmmm coffeeeeeeeee...

Endurance Junkie
    Yes we said 7:30 but the shuttle driver (cat) has to open the shop at 8:00am so see you at 7:00am.

Tucson, AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by bikes4max
    Yes we said 7:30 but the shuttle driver (cat) has to open the shop at 8:00am so see you at 7:00am.
    aaaaaaahhhhhh.... check out this hottie I saw on the trail today:

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by azepicriderandrunner
    I am out on leading the Bugs-Millie group. The addition of the Greenie is going to be a gnarly, burly ride, one that I would be hurting from, sooooooo, I do like the idea of having two groups, one at Bugs and the other at Greenie.
    UUUUMMMMM have things changed. Did we add on greenie for the thursday ride . Are there 2 groups now for thursday. I'm up for whatever.
    SHITBIRD

Tucson, AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by helimech
    UUUUMMMMM have things changed. Did we add on greenie for the thursday ride . Are there 2 groups now for thursday. I'm up for whatever.
    Max and I are going to recon greenie tomorrow. I have done Greenie-Prison, but without a shuttle and I was in pain after the ride (although it was on my hardtail). Bugs to Prison is a lot easier, IMHO. So, Max and I were tossing around the idea of 2 groups. I am going to be at Golder Ranch, so it is up to you guys.

We should know tomorrow how long it will take to do Green-Bugs-Prison, at least for a XC nerd like myself and have the GPS data.
    Last edited by azepicriderandrunner; 03-11-2008 at 02:16 PM.

mtbr member
    Max and I are going to recon greenie tomorrow. I have done Greenie-Prison, but without a shuttle and I was in pain after the ride (although it was on my hardtail). Bugs to Prison is a lot easier, IMHO. So, Max and I were tossing around the idea of 2 groups. I am going to be at Golder Ranch, so it is up to you guys, but I think that two groups might be helpful, an A++++++ ride and the regular A ride, which will meet at the cooler at Prison and do Millie together. Thoughts Mike?

We should know tomorrow how long it will take to do Green-Bugs-Prison, at least for a XC nerd like myself and have the GPS data.
    I guess you need to figure how many people we have. If you do this long tech ride like greenie, bugs to millie its going to be along day. I think last year just prison to mille took over 4 hrs thats not including the shuttle. Lots of stops so everybody can stay together. We can discuss it over beers after the night ride on wednesday. Later.
    SHITBIRD

Pivoteer
    Still meeting at 9:00 at Le Buzz Thursday, correct?
    Employed by Pivot Cycles - www.pivotcycles.com

Tucson, AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by tiSS'er
    Yeah, same as planned.

Endurance Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by tiSS'er
    yes we meet at 9:00am at le buzz,and we will only be doing Bugs,Prison,Milli not Greenie.
    This will be easier than two or three groups.
    We can all thank Kathleen, for look'in out for us.

Kathleen in AZ
    That link is still blind to those who are not members of the google list. Please update the details in the AXSF stickie! Thx

Tucson, AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by DurtGurl
    That link is still blind to those who are not members of the google list. Please update the details in the AXSF stickie! Thx
    AZSF final schedule

Tucson, AZ
    So besides stuffing the scwag bags and getting the stuff for the margaritas for the AZSF, I managed to get a ride in with Max today, a ride that is on the AZSF Tucson ride tomorrow....

This is by far the best shuttle run in all of Arizona, Green-Bugs-Prison (shown on profile) but then to-Molino-Milagrosa to top it all off (done a few weeks ago). The new trail work on Bugs is sick, some of the best singletrack in Arizona and the combination of all 4 trails might just be the best trail in Arizona, descending or ascending. Yes, you read that right, the best trail in all of Arizona.

Climbing up Bugs from the highway is the steepest trail in Arizona that I have ridden on and the water bars only make it harder to clean the entire thing.

The stats:
    5407 feet of descending in 11 miles (Green-Prison Camp)
    total mileage to car at Le Buzz: 22 miles
    fastest speed on trail: 24 mph
    Flat tires: 0
    Biggest uphill grade: 14% (oddly enough, that does not beat the 15% grade of climb or die)

Bugs slick rock

Hoodoo after the slick rock
    Two shots of Max on the fastest section of the trail

mtbr member
    Ah man, that looks like fun. I loved Prison Camp to La Milagrosa when I did it a couple months ago. The only thing that woulda made it better was if it were longer. Gotta get back down and tack on Greenie and Bugs now!

So the total ride from Green mountain back to Le Buzz is only 22 miles? Seems like it should be longer than that.
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

www.stuckinthespokes.com

Tucson, AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by KRob
    Ah man, that looks like fun. I loved Prison Camp to La Milagrosa when I did it a couple months ago. The only thing that woulda made it better was if it were longer. Gotta get back down and tack on Greenie and Bugs now!

So the total ride from Green mountain back to Le Buzz is only 22 miles? Seems like it should be longer than that.
    Green-Bug-Prison then to the Catalina Hghwy bck to le Buzz When you are in town, I;d be happy to ride it with you.

mtbr member
    Green-Bug-Prison then to the Catalina Hghwy bck to le Buzz When you are in town, I;d be happy to ride it with you.
    OIC. How long is it if you connect all four trails?

I'll take you up on that offer!

www.stuckinthespokes.com

Tucson, AZ
    40ish miles.. I almost rode all of it

mtbr member
    !!!!!!!!!

That's a bunch of climbing. Brutal "fun".

www.stuckinthespokes.com

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Myself, and a couple others, would be interested in this ride some weekend soon. (Especially since I missed todays ride )
    www.TucsonMTB.com Tucson Forum

www.sdmb.org Trail use advocacy club

www.tripsforkidsaz.org Tucson/Phx Chapter

mtbr member
    Oct 2003
    NOW that looks fun!!!! so then 5407 of climbing from prison to Green? I just hate water bars!!! sounds sweet.

Tucson, AZ
    Milli-Bug 6300 of up
    Green-Prison 5400 of down in 11ish miles

Goooooooooood times!

Members who have read this thread: 0