mtbr member

GPX of BCT from Rock Springs to Bumble Bee ?

I'm Googlin' and Googlin' and all I come up with is old posts and websites with dead links.

Does anyone have (or know of a good link to ) a GPX file of the norhtern section of BCT from Rock Springs to Bumble Bee ? Thanks !
    Last edited by az3075; 11-30-2012 at 07:12 AM. Reason: spelling

My other ride is your mom
    Go to the Arizona Endurance Series website and find it under the BCT section.

mtbr member

Found this nice ride...

Found this interesting 40-mile round trip..It actually vistits the town of Bumble Bee... But what I really like about this is if you're completely exhausted, you have an option of taking a more leisurely dirt road back to Rock Springs.

Black Canyon Trail - Bumble Bee to Rock Springs AES Endurance Ride, 06NOV2010 in Black Canyon City, AZ | cycling Map | MapMyRide

Ahhh the pain....
    Yep, that's the old "short course" for the AES ride...Great way to see some good BCT w/o killing yourself with a really long ride. Since the trail crosses over the dirt road 3 times, you have some pretty good bailouts.
    There are tons of options out there for rides that exceed 100 miles... go here--> One Gear Ray and scroll down and on the right you'll see a bunch of my ride gpx's. Just look through the list for the ones with "BCT" in them.
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
    http://onegear-ray.blogspot.com/

Beer Drnkr w/bike problem
    Quote Originally Posted by az3075 View Post
    I'm Googlin' and Googlin' and all I come up with is old posts and websites with dead links.

Does anyone have (or know of a good link to ) a GPX file of the norhtern section of BCT from Rock Springs to Bumble Bee ? Thanks !
    Better yet, Lets ride it. I was thinking of hitting the trail this saturday.
    "Not drinking is the Single Speed World Championships version of doping" -Jacquie Phelan

Shift less, Pedal more.
    I'll go too!
    I'd rather be hated for what I am, than loved for what I'm not......Dolemite.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    I rode 90% of that on Monday without a map or GPX and the trail wasn't that hard to follow. Signs were in all the right places or I got lucky.
    If you know how to use them, I recommend you bring a set of garden cutters. Some of the prickly desert plants are growing into the trail rather far. Only found this in 2 or 3 places over 11 miles of trail, but that was enough to prompt me to put a pair in my pack.