Beer Drnkr w/bike problem

Good news for us, bad news for scum like these people.

http://www.azcentral.com/community/p...eads-abrk.html

Tue Jun 4, 2013 5:00 PM

Authorities arrested five people in connection with a string of car burglaries at several Valley trailheads.

James Bennett, 36, was arrested on suspicion of breaking into several cars parked near trailhead locations. Phoenix Police Department officials suspect Bennet was working with a team that would arrive at each parking location on bicycle. The team would target cars that were left unsecured, but also used screwdrivers to pry open doors and break into windows.

Their mission, police suspect, was to get in, get the property and get out, as soon as possible, said Officer James Holmes of the Phoenix Police Department. The thieves would quickly retrieve stolen credit cards and use them at local stores and ATMs.

Authorities were tipped off after several people called in reporting missing property, including multiple cases at Piestewa Peak. Many of these reported cases go back to mid-April.

Detectives from the Phoenix Police Department Neighborhood Enforcement Team worked with various local officials and executed three search warrants, finding more than 25 woman’s purses, receipts connected to stolen credit cards and several tools suspected of being used during the burglaries, including binoculars, gloves and walkie-talkies.

An undisclosed amount of marijuana and heroin also was found.

Stephen Ross was arrested after the rental car that he was driving was reported stolen. Police suspect Ross rented the car using one of the stolen credit cards and failed to return the vehicle.

Derek Byrski, Barbara Wells and Tina Billings were also being held under the suspicion of being co-conspirators working with Bennett.
    "Not drinking is the Single Speed World Championships version of doping" -Jacquie Phelan

Meatbomb
    I saw that on the news... rot in hell punks!

Beer Drnkr w/bike problem
    What I find most disturbing is part of thier kit are walkie talkies.
    "Not drinking is the Single Speed World Championships version of doping" -Jacquie Phelan

Give it a crank
    Good catch! Last year it was a couple arrested doing the same thing, now it's a whole crew, sort of makes you wonder what's brewing for next year.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Seen that dude around....never broke into my vehicle though, because it's unlocked w/ nothing of value inside.
    Nice KOM, sorry about your penis.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    You mean you don't leave your credit cards there on the dash (sarc)? I'm with you, don't leave anything to steal.......

mtbr member

Good news for us, bad news for scum like these people.

With the walkie talkie thing I figure they were watching who showed up, observed if they left a purse or wallet in car and moved in. Luckily I have never left a wallet and always openly put it and my phones in my camelback. Wonder if that saved me now.

Sent from your Moms phone using Tapinthat.
    Find a ride on FB> AZ MTB

"Uppercase with a space"

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    best to remove your valuables; either leave at home, or put in your ridin pak; then use a steering wheel lok; and leave the car open.......of course, this type of thing does not happen in BC; Thats why I know what to do!
    TS