Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Going up to the Biscuit (Prescott) this weekend, need advice on what trails to ride!

755 views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  Fureak 
#1 ·
I am planning on riding this Sunday and Monday. I have only done the Whiskey route and would like to see what else Prescott has to offer. I am looking for nice XC type riding, not looking for super techie downhills or bunny hopping over water bars. Basically a trail that I can put some miles in, has some nice climbs and flowy downhills and is generally a pleasure to ride.

#2 ·
Lynx lake is a nice XC ride, and you can camp there if interested. I really liked Granite Basin. Not too difficult, and flowy. I used the map from the Cosmic Ray books. I hear the Dells are nice, but I will need someone to give me a tour of that place. I would say Granite Basin.

#7 ·
Re: Going up to the Biscuit (Prescott) this weekend, need advice on what trails

I'm an out of towner who has ridden the Dells. It's a fun and unique trail however it is about as opposite of a flowy XC trail as you can find. At least in my opinion. More like a playground for bikes. With a trail thrown in.

If I lived up there I'm sure I would ride it often, but I don't think it's what you're looking for based on your description.

#8 ·
As a Prescott native, take your pick. If you head to Granite Basin, expect a playground of smooth trails, with 90% DG covering. With the rains lately - its about as fast as DG can be.

Head over to Lynx Lake and ride the 305 trail - it's about 7 miles uphill with only 1 really good climb. Then you turn around a bomb an awesome downhill with very little chunk. Fast and fun.

Goldwater lake area has the 396 and Wolverton which will connect you over to trail 48 which you did on the Whiskey. Another wonderful trail system that is fast flowy XC riding.

If you want to ride Thumb Butte, head to the parking lot at the Thumb Butte hiking trail and ride on the North side of the road. Anything on the North side is fast and smooth. For an all day ride, you can connect off this over to Granite Basin area.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.