Knollician

Goat Camp Virgin Sacrifice

Today I had a chance to lead 4 GC virgins. Jayem, Lo-Cat, DirtDiva, and Bo (hope I spelled that right???) got their first taste. Based on the smiles at the bottom, I doubt the last All in-all, it was a great day in the saddle. We climbed all the way up Mesquite...WHAT A BEAUTIFUL TRAIL! I can't see why I would ever want to hit Willow again. If it is a shorter route, it certainly does not feel it. It a nice constant grind. The scenery just blows away the meadowy feel of Willow.

Anyway, I threw together a little video (breaking my own cherry ). Hope you like it!

Goat Camp November, 29 from Brandon Albrecht on Vimeo.
    "Three balls at once...who knew?" - Cotton McKnight

Kathleen in AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by tiSS'er
    Today I had a chance to lead 4 GC virgins. Jayem, Lo-Cat, DirtDiva, and Bo (hope I spelled that right???) got their first taste. Based on the smiles at the bottom, I doubt the last All in-all, it was a great day in the saddle. We climbed all the way up Mesquite...WHAT A BEAUTIFUL TRAIL! I can't see why I would ever want to hit Willow again. If it is a shorter route, it certainly does not feel it. It a nice constant grind. The scenery just blows away the meadowy feel of Willow.

Anyway, I threw together a little video (breaking my own cherry ). Hope you like it!
    I like it! I could have used those shoulder pads last weekend

mtbr member
    kewl vid!

mtbr member
    Sweet video! Thanks! You were a great tour guide Brandon.

I am Doctor Remulak
    Nice vid although you totally flinched during the sweet endo.

mr. wonderful
    Let me guess, you showed him the easy line right down the gut

Safe to say he's not the first, nor the last, to wad up on the Hammer

Elitest thrill junkie
    Yeah, Spiral Staircase: Not bad
    Jackhammer: That hurt enough to not give it a second try. I tried to nail it right through the middle, but I did have the satisfaction of watching brandon try to clean it 4x The climb up wasn't too bad, but that's cause I ride a highline.

Don't let anyone tell you that you can't get out of clipless pedals! You gotta give me points for the style: Unclipped, hands out in front, then collapse into the ground like a dead-body. Nothing really damaged significantly.

I was waiting until after GC to say: I've never broken any bones..ever. I was even a ski-racer.

Sorry I had to cut out, It's finals week and I had to meet for a project.
    Last edited by Jayem; 11-29-2008 at 08:35 PM.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

Powered by ice cream.
    Since when do you wear armor?

Nice vid.
    Quote Originally Posted by buddhak
    And I thought I had a bike obsession. You are at once tragic and awesome.

Shred...it's the new drug
    That looks like some gnar gnar fun... who's ridin' the blindside??? Great vid! Funny that dirtdiva was rockin' the xc helmet with a bunch of fullfaced dudes. She can hold her own as shown in the friday shuttle vid of her rockin' the waterfall 3rd try.

Knollician
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtbag
    Let me guess, you showed him the easy line right down the gut

Safe to say he's not the first, nor the last, to wad up on the Hammer
    Yeah. I told them, "no big deal". Except I couldn't hit it either. I must have been unconscious last week

Well, I will get another shot at it today.
    "Three balls at once...who knew?" - Cotton McKnight

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    great soundtrack but if that is your idea of a beautifull trail then I imagine your idea of a beautirull woman is Helga from american gladiators, but with a bad attitude........
    and the lurker returns to the dark corner

James, do you only endo when there's a camera present?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by latedropbob
    That looks like some gnar gnar fun... who's ridin' the blindside??? Great vid! Funny that dirtdiva was rockin' the xc helmet with a bunch of fullfaced dudes. She can hold her own as shown in the friday shuttle vid of her rockin' the waterfall 3rd try.

That's me on the Blindside. She took good care of me down GC. Only one slow speed OTB.

DirtDiva rode strong. She can def hold her own!

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Great video. Would like to try this trail next visit, but looks pretty chunky.

Do you locals regularly ride this solo - or is that asking for trouble? Full face or XC lid?

mtbr member
    hey guys, sorry I bailed ( i was the guy with the silver truck from socal), without camelback/water, I wasn't prepared for a long climb. Steven ended up taking me to the south mountain and doing the holbert (sp?) trail. It was nice meeting you guys, hopefully we can ride next time I am out....shuttle
    - jon

mtbr member

Good job! AZ rocks!

Brendan, thanks, again for being a great guide. I can't believe you attacked GC without body armor or a ff helmet. Man, you got skills Great job on editing the vid.

Lo-cat, you are a cool cat. I enjoyed chatting with you on the climb. It made it seem shorter

Bo, you the man...riding with a metal in your shoulder

Jayem, nice acrobatics That was some style.

Well, I didn't really know what kind of ride it would be, but I was told that there was a long climb and the weathert was warm, so, I opted for my XC helmet and ditched the ff and armor in my truck. I realized that was a bad idea, the moment we hit the first section of GC dh. It was just like Brandon said, "there's no flow." Once it started, there was nothing but what seemed like endless, mind numbing, rocks piled on top of each other on what was supposed to be a trail. It was like nothing I've ever ridden before. It was more like grinding downhill...a definite test of bike and rider. THIS TRAIL IS NO JOKE. I'm so stoked I did it, but will have to come back to clean the sections I dabbed/bailed.

Crimson, thanks for setting up the ride. You would've rocked it.

I'll be buggin' y'all next time I'm in AZ.

Jonny Nez, cool paint job on your SC. Drop me a line if you want to hook up for a ride in SoCal.
    Happy trails!

i can't type the letter s
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem
    Yeah, Spiral Staircase: Not bad
    Jackhammer: That hurt enough to not give it a second try. .... Unclipped, hands out in front, then collapse into the ground like a dead-body. Nothing really damaged significantly.
    Good thing you like pain, I happened to come across this quote from a few years back, circa 2006, regarding your wish to ride GC.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayem
    Well...I have a new weapon that seems perfect.

I also like all forms of pain.
    The internet, where we are all immortal.