Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Goat Camp video

Kathleen in AZ

Goat Camp video

In my convalescence this morning, I have put together clips from yesterday's Goat Camp ride. My sister (not a mtn biker) is always complaining "don't you ever go uphill?" about my videos, so this one has a significant amount of the UPHILL required to get to the Goat Camp descent. And yes the uphill is significant although with yesterday's cool weather and all my FOTP training it was a breeze!! I'll likely post a revised version once I gets clips of me from Epicrider's camera. Right now, my signature Orange moth in the video is only proof that I was there. BTW, my shoulder is turning nice shades of blue as the day wears on. The 2nd day after the crash is always worse that the first day so I'm not looking forward to work tomorrow.

See revised video in post below....
    Last edited by DurtGurl; 11-24-2008 at 06:14 AM.

mtbr member
    Nice Dirtbag, your a jackhammering MOFO. I see your keeping up with the Highline, Poi Boy just picked one up off of the classifieds.
    Later.
    JRA

mr. wonderful
    Quote Originally Posted by helimech
    Nice Dirtbag, your a jackhammering MOFO. I see your keeping up with the Highline, Poi Boy just picked one up off of the classifieds.
    Later.
    Nice work K, both behind the camara and rocking Spiral!!

tiSS'er's living the Highline too. Props for his first successful jackhammerin'-ultra smooth too, straight down the gut.

I had a first too yesterday-a no preview down the left entrance ('cousin of jaws of death') into the Spiral Staircase. All in all, a great day on Goat Camp.

I'm sure Poi Boy is going to love, er, live the Highline. tiSS'er and I just put Avys on ours. So good it shouldn't even be legal.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtbag
    Nice work K, both behind the camara and rocking Spiral!!

tiSS'er's living the Highline too. Props for his first successful jackhammerin'-ultra smooth too, straight down the gut.

I had a first too yesterday-a no preview down the left entrance ('cousin of jaws of death') into the Spiral Staircase. All in all, a great day on Goat Camp.

I'm sure Poi Boy is going to love, er, live the Highline. tiSS'er and I just put Avys on ours. So good it shouldn't even be legal.
    Nice tiSS'er, did I meet ya on bugs to millie during the last fling?
    What kind of Avys? a chubie or a woodie? that must've cost ya a pretty penny.
    JRA did the goat 2 WE's ago. I see they removed the rocks on the left at the bottm of the staircase, that was a easy way.
    JRA

Kathleen in AZ
    I see they removed the rocks on the left at the bottm of the staircase, that was a easy way.
    Yes, that cheater line is now gone. I had to do it the hard way on my first time Big wheels rock that stuff!

Knollician
    Nice tiSS'er, did I meet ya on bugs to millie during the last fling?
    What kind of Avys? a chubie or a woodie? that must've cost ya a pretty penny.
    JRA did the goat 2 WE's ago. I see they removed the rocks on the left at the bottm of the staircase, that was a easy way.
    Yep, I was on a green RFX.

I have a DHS on my Highline. It is the only Avy that will fit a medium. dirtbag has a Woodie. The DHS and Woodie are identical with the exception of the remote resivoir. As dirtbag said, I just feel like i am cheating.
    "Three balls at once...who knew?" - Cotton McKnight

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DurtGurl
    Yes, that cheater line is now gone. I had to do it the hard way on my first time Big wheels rock that stuff!
    Nice K, that little rock gap at the end with the last pointy rock is a leap of faith. So, I can see why a big wheel would work wonders there .

Ah yes tiSSer I remember you now. HHMMMM someday I might play with one of those Avy's, but not right now $$$.
    JRA

Knollician
    Nice K, that little rock gap at the end with the last pointy rock is a leap of faith. So, I can see why a big wheel would work wonders there .

Ah yes tiSSer I remember you now. HHMMMM someday I might play with one of those Avy's, but not right now $$$.
    Yeah, but worth their weight in gold. Once the speed picks up, it is just plain rediculous. Craig is a great guy, and he really knows his stuff. His setup for me was spot on, I am running his stock settings.

"Yabut"
    Nice video KK. And good job on the staircase! Hope your pains are feeling better.
    ~Aaron~
    "I like the night life. I like to boogie."

www.CosmicRaces.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tiSS'er
    Yeah, but worth their weight in gold. Once the speed picks up, it is just plain rediculous. Craig is a great guy, and he really knows his stuff. His setup for me was spot on, I am running his stock settings.
    Up Mr. Seekins moded my 5th element with their AVA advantage. When I put that on my Sinister it was like a new bike. Nice work.
    JRA

mtbr member

videos cause epics you know

Nice compilation on the video DG. You guys are the bomb. FOTP will be easy peasy for you in a couple of... days. Shoulder pending.
    News from the high country; its fun riding on snow/ice on the shady sections of little elden. Otherwise its bone dry up here.
    Sedona; planning to ride there before t-day. Hopefully can drag out some friends on that one.
    Speaking of Sedona, I heard that there was a Search and Rescue of two mountain bikers on Damfino/hangover almost two weeks ago. Seems like a dude from Phoenix and his buddy from Philly were trying to find the trail, got lost, got benighted, called the SAR. They kept moving in the dark, only carrying a cell phone for light. SAR saw their light as they kept moving in the dark, looking for the trail. They were begging for water, but couldn't follow SAR directions, so the weaksauce that they were, had to wait for morning to be led out of the wilderness, so to speak. The trail was less than 50 yards away. Sounds like they were asshats towards SAR and the guy from Philly was overheard saying to his Phoenix "guide", "um like maybe we should listen to these guys." I'm almost certain that someone was reading the "hangover" thread and thought that it was no big deal.
    So now, will Goatcamp have an epic rescue in a week or so? I mean that all of us oldsters are slow and have no skills compared to the new school, right? SWEET!
    There is a big difference between ripping and skidding.

I ride with tools

Excellent!

Great vid DG.!

Hope to ride with you all soon.

Kathleen in AZ

Updated video!

Thanks to Epicrider for sharing his footage and stills from the ride.

With regards to Chalkpaw's comment...
    DO NOT TRY ANY OF THE STUNTS YOU SEE ON THIS VIDEO. IT IS FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY.
    I'd hate to have SAR gather someone from Goat Camp. It'd be a long and painful rescue for all parites involved.

Here's the new and improved video:

Goat Camp - Nov 2008 - rev 2 from DurtGurl on Vimeo.

Happy trails

Nice....

bummer i had to work.i did the XC version today and ran into teps group from So Cal.
    looks like they got a late start but the weather was great even close to noon.they seemed to be ready to tackle to full meal deal! a hiker told them that another group was also out there ahead of them,i took the mesquite trail down from the top and missed passing them on the way down.that would be the most bike traffic i've heard of in one weekend out there.
    the place is gaining a little popularity lately.
    K,glad to hear that a little bruising is all that you ended up with.things can go badly rather quickly,you know this first hand.
    heal up,the FOTP will be here sooner than we think.
    Aaron

Knollician
    Quote Originally Posted by DurtGurl
    Thanks to Epicrider for sharing his footage and stills from the ride.

With regards to Chalkpaw's comment...
    DO NOT TRY ANY OF THE STUNTS YOU SEE ON THIS VIDEO. IT IS FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY.
    I'd hate to have SAR gather someone from Goat Camp. It'd be a long and painful rescue for all parites involved.
    Love it, thanks for putting it together! I love the "sounds of the trail" section at the end. I didn't realize dirtbag let out an "oh yeah!"

dirt visionary
    Very nice videos ..........I am now going to go bang my head against the wall for not joining.

Tucson, AZ
    Nice

Don't believe the Hype...
    Quote Originally Posted by FATTRAXX
    bummer i had to work.i did the XC version today and ran into teps group from So Cal.
    looks like they got a late start but the weather was great even close to noon.they seemed to be ready to tackle to full meal deal! a hiker told them that another group was also out there ahead of them,i took the mesquite trail down from the top and missed passing them on the way down.that would be the most bike traffic i've heard of in one weekend out there.
    the place is gaining a little popularity lately.
    K,glad to hear that a little bruising is all that you ended up with.things can go badly rather quickly,you know this first hand.
    heal up,the FOTP will be here sooner than we think.
    Hey Trax,

Have you rode up mesquite? I came down it the other day and it seemed like it would be easier than the normal way.
    Made with real bits of Panther, so you know it's good...

www.krackedskulls.com
    use promo code "lucky" for 5% off

Happy trails
    yes sir,
    i've gone up that way on my singlespeed.it's an easier climb though it seems like a longer route.it's a steady climb without the up's and down's of the other option.
    would be interested to see which way's faster on the way up.the willow/ford side has steeper climbs but has some donwhills in between.mesquite is mostly up.
    Aaron

That's a quality study break, that is. Doubly impressive to ride and get that much video. Everyone's chasing the orange bike now!

My personal fav is the "shoulda trained harder to push my 35+ lb bike" part.

Don't believe the Hype...
    Quote Originally Posted by FATTRAXX
    yes sir,
    i've gone up that way on my singlespeed.it's an easier climb though it seems like a longer route.it's a steady climb without the up's and down's of the other option.
    would be interested to see which way's faster on the way up.the willow/ford side has steeper climbs but has some donwhills in between.mesquite is mostly up.
    Avondale Wholesale Parts? Do you live in Avondale? I'm off 107th and Indain School, right behind Westview High.

I might give it a go Friday morning if your interested...
    Made with real bits of Panther, so you know it's good...

www.krackedskulls.com
    use promo code "lucky" for 5% off