mtbr member

Smile Goat Camp 2/3 Photos

Nothing spectacular in photos but what an outstanding day to ride. Met a lot of new folks and I have a new best buddy, Rick.....who brought an ice chest full o beer for post ride fun!

Half the group or more did the loop while the rest of us did an OAB. A lot of climbing and some fun downhill on the return

http://gallery.mtbr.com/showgallery.php/cat/952

for the rest of the photos
    Gary

Knollician
    Here is the GPS data for the ride. Ignore the 4:32 total time as I turned the GPS on about 1 hour before we actually left.

http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/i...kValue=2022607
    "Three balls at once...who knew?" - Cotton McKnight

Powered by ice cream.
    Why the Fisher instead of the Pack Su-Ling? From what I've read, GC is definite Pack territory.

Ouch, I am hot!
    Quote Originally Posted by GeeDubb
    Nothing spectacular in photos but what an outstanding day to ride. Met a lot of new folks and I have a new best buddy, Rick.....who brought an ice chest full o beer for post ride fun!

Half the group or more did the loop while the rest of us did an OAB. A lot of climbing and some fun downhill on the return

http://gallery.mtbr.com/showgallery.php/cat/952

for the rest of the photos
    Gary
    I think we need to start a SuLing Needs Sleeves Telethon and start taking donations.
    I AM JUST A JERK

I am Doctor Remulak
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirdir
    I think we need to start a SuLing Needs Sleeves Telethon and start taking donations.
    That's crazy talk

wrecking crew
    Quote Originally Posted by Enel
    Why the Fisher instead of the Pack Su-Ling? From what I've read, GC is definite Pack territory.
    75% of that ride is XC territory with major climbing. The 29er climbs like a goat and is a bit lighter than the pack. We had a bunch that wanted to do the XC version out to the DH and then back the way we came to add on extra miles. It's a blast that way. We decided to the XC version instead of the DH version so the 29er was the bike of the day for me.

Had we done the DH, the pack would have been the bike to bring but mucho pain climbing. The climbs are wicked especially in the beginning.
    ~~~

I am Bob

more photos

Great time today! hope to ride with everyone again soon.

aside from both the bob's going down and Chris getting impaled by the agave (see photo) all went well. can't wait for the next ride! Bob
    Attached Images Attached Images

Dirty Monkey
    I might actually have to drag my butt out from Chandler for a ride out there. Looks nice! Great looking trail. You all sounded like you had fun. Sleeveless is the only way, by the way!!!
    [SIZE="3"]"May The Schwartz Be With You!"[/SIZE]

Looks good, after last weekend I want to get down thar a bit more before it gets too hot.

******ed or Branded??
    wow looks like you folks had fun!! well i decided to just ride T100 since i am a block away from it and i was to chicken to ride with you all since i am such a newbie and suck at climbing. didn't want to slow the group down or left behind. but when i get stronger i will definitly do the next group ride. been wanting to meet new and intresting folks to ride with and new trails also!!!!! well hope to see you all on a trail one day!!!!!!!!

mtbr member
    We had riders of all abilities on this ride. You would have fit in. I'm also a block or so away from the west end of T100. Where abouts are you?
    Gary

mtbr member
    Awesome ride! Nice prep for Sunday's shuttles....good to see all you out there. We had a great time headin down and playin at the staircase. I lost my skill somewhere along the way, had two flats, and had three otb's, YIKES! Still tons of fun though! Once again GOAT CAMP rules!

mtbr member
    Great ride guys and always good to ride the DH guys! Kudos to those who toughed it out that were not use to so much climbing Thanks for the refreshments Rick. Good to meet and ride with NewBob, hope you're healing quick from the digger.

I'm back to my old self, 2 Gu pack patch jobs on sidewall tears and two flats I missed my 6-pack with tubeless.

mtbr member

Great ride!

A friend and I crossed the out and backers on upper Ford on their way back. I'd not been on the trail since they cut the new single track out on Willow....that is some major effort to put such pristine trail up there.
    Any of the GC riders see the deer?
    As we were unpacking our bikes after the ride I notice my friends for was completely locked up. He thought I was messing with him, not thinking I was very funny. Of course I went to lube to chain on my bike this morning. Damn thing wouldn't go into half of the gears. I think the knuckle joint must of bent on that rock in the trail. Anyone remember That Rock? Probably didn't help any that I had bent two of my rear rings over too.
    The good news is that I only crashed once but maybe that was because I sucked so bad on the DH.
    AKA: G-wat

I am Bob
    Quote Originally Posted by bugaroo
    A friend and I crossed the out and backers on upper Ford on their way back. I'd not been on the trail since they cut the new single track out on Willow....that is some major effort to put such pristine trail up there.
    Any of the GC riders see the deer?
    As we were unpacking our bikes after the ride I notice my friends for was completely locked up. He thought I was messing with him, not thinking I was very funny. Of course I went to lube to chain on my bike this morning. Damn thing wouldn't go into half of the gears. I think the knuckle joint must of bent on that rock in the trail. Anyone remember That Rock? Probably didn't help any that I had bent two of my rear rings over too.
    The good news is that I only crashed once but maybe that was because I sucked so bad on the DH.
    I think I know "that rock" I pedal mashed it and flew off my bike yeaterday. Still pretty achey from that one. Luckily, I knocked off a big chunk of it in the process!

mtbr member
    Great ride! Nice to meet everyone and thanks for putting up with me through the day. Please see my pics and ride post here.

Black Lion
    This was by far the funnest ride I did while out here. Incredible climbs and views, followed by the most fun and technical DH ever!

Can't wait to come back in the Spring and do it again.

Greg
    Last edited by yogreg; 02-05-2007 at 10:00 AM.
    Voltron

AKA shitbird
    Here's a little video I took of Lostboyz cleaning the spiral staircase.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8RcANgZLxE

I have a few photos of the DH stuff too that I'll put up tonight.
    JRA

mtbr member
    Hey everyone,

Goat Camp! Wow, what a day. What a great ride and what a great group of people. Probably, the coolest thing about mountain biking is the people. Thanks to Jeff, Su Ling, Gary, Chis, James for directions, laughs, beer, a ride, mexican food, more laughs, a hand getting up, some help getting down. Thanks to everyone else for a whole lotta fun. Thanks to Kathleen and Bob for Advil, H2O, encouragement and helping me get down the hill after I had my yard sale. I can't wait to ride with you all again.

Cheers,

NewBob
    There's no sex in golf...

wrecking crew
    eabos - Great video of Aaron cleaning up on the Spiral Staircase! Nice job lostboyz. I've been there and seen people clean it, also photos but never a video so that was cool.

bobm - Hope you didn't get hurt too bad. The ribs okay? You seemed better with some brew in ya after the return. Glad you had a good time despite the digger. Keep an eye on the upcoming rides for more abusive fun.

Also, hope to see you at the BCT trail work day if you do indeed get some time off to do it. Not sure who all is coming, but a good crowd should show up.
    ~~~

Meatpuppet
    Quote Originally Posted by eabos

nice brake and hop maneuvering
    My Third Eye Has A Cataract

mtbr member
    Sep 2004

Thanks for the ride

Just got back to Jersey. A little late,but wanted to send out a big thanks to everyone for a great ride.The climb was awesome and the DH kicked my arse.Thanks to the "toothman ",for pulling me out of the cactus and back onto the DH trail.
    (Note to self:"bring padding next time,idiot") Would still suffer,but maybe not as much.
    Wanted to hang out,but had to go.
    Catch ya next time.
    Jim
    jim

mtbr member

schoolin'

Quote Originally Posted by eabos

The boy swings a pick and shows up the old men. Nice moves. Ol' monkeybutt stole your moves on Sunday in the rain.

Looking forward to Bootleg!! Bring that bike and rail the Super D.