bland

go pro/other head cam question.

Any of you guys mount a cam to the frame of the bike? I'm thinking about mounting one to the top tube and have a shot looking over the bars. Does anyone have experience with this? Is it really shaky? should I just buy the chest mount?

Thanks.

workin' it Administrator

shot with a point and shoot canon S230 in video mode and attached directly to handlebar with a camera mount. Camera has no image stabilization so it is what it is down the first descent at Chiva falls on a full rigid bike. Note the crash at the end BTW (which was a wheel folding on a rock not user error (of course!))
    Try this: HTFU

mtbr member
    I have the regular go pro and tried mounting it to just about anywhere you could think of... some with success and some without. I don't really have much expirence working with other cameras but the image quality is the best IMO with the Go Pro when it comes to action sports (vs other mini cams), at least from what I can see on the internet. I have tried the handlebar mount and I don't notice the shakyness... I think Gopro is designed for that though.
    I have the Chesty mount and I love this the best, but its really hard to have it pointed in the right direction all the time especially if you switching from sitting down to standing up. Most of the time its facing down too much.
    Here are a couple videos of Candy...
    http://kubo1234.pinkbike.com/channel/showlow/

mtbr member

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Go Pro will do great for video quality, even the normal ones, I use it on almost every ride I go on. Contour has great video too but its a little more expensive and sucks battery life. The downside to the contour that the gopro utilizes is that the contour has a special battery for it, while the gopro has AAA batteries, easy to change on the trail every 2.5 hours or so. Also its a lot easier to change out a regular sd card than an expensive micro sd that contour uses. A major benefit of the contour it seems is that it can be switched to HD with the flip of a switch and charged with the USB Cable. There are a lot of differences and similarities. I prefer gopro because of the mounts that it has that are soo easy to interchange between a bar mount to the helmet mount to the roll cage etc.

All this video was shot using a gopro.

Jump and Downhill Collection from Kyle Kuffer on Vimeo.

All I want to do is Bike!

SamuraiBunnyGuy
    i made the mistake of trying to mount my regular gopro underneath my fork above the tire on a tame XC ride.. i figured "nah, its not gonna compress 4 inches..."

..i figured wrong...