Mudder

GNAR Places to ride around Tucson

Hi,
    I will be taking a trip to Tucson, AZ pretty soon. Have been there once before, but I'm really looking for GNAR epic ride suggestions (preferably longer). Think the opposite of the fantasy island trails. So lets here your suggestions and detailed descriptions on how to get to the trailhead for those rides, thank you!
    Haikus are easy
    But sometimes they don't Make sense
    Refrigerator

Just Joshin' ya!
    Milagrosa should do. Good luck.

Tucson area recommendations
    What do we want? TIME TRAVEL! When do want it? THAT'S IRRELEVANT!

EDR
    Mt. Lemmon.

Start as high as you can,....maybe at Bug Springs this time of year, idk. Ride down from there.

See La Milagrosa in your searches. You can start much higher but likely too cold this time of year.

I haven't ridden Fantasy Island but that's b/c when making a trip down to Tucson I too am looking for the opposite.

Maybe search for Greenie Down or Green mtn. Starts at +7k feet and takes you to the desert floor. Like I said, I don't think you can realistically start this high but Greenie Down is maybe the best techie ride I've ever done in this state. Lot's of descent but not ideal for a heavy bike..too much pedaling.

This is a shuttle ride for most.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    The 50 year trail looks like fun for the feature minded like rider from what I have seen on vids but I haven't actually been there.