Good job! Gnar Gnar Tours = awesome

So, one of the biggest sources of planning anxiety for the AZT300 was the whole transportation issue. It is a really long way between the start and end of this thing and not so easy to find someone to help do the shuttle thing.

Fortunately, Raybum (thanks dude!) contacted Gnar Gnar tours about shuttling us down this year. They gave him a VERY reasonable flat fee for picking us up at Picket Post and bringing us to the start at Parker Canyon lake. We were able to get 11 riders to fill up the van and bring the per person cost way down.

At this point I was pretty pleased with the setup. Priced less than I would have spent in gas to drive down there and back, and a bunch of driving I didn't have to do the night before the race.

Ray requested that they show up for pickup a little early - and they did. We were loaded up by 5:30 - right on time.

Everyone was expecting the usual open air trailer that we've used on BCT shuttles, so there was some anxiety about the bags hanging off our bikes. Didn't want stuff shaking loose on the way down - that would be bad. Well, we were all very pleasantly surprised when shuttle van showed up towing an enclosed trailer. Our bikes stayed cosy and safe for the entire trip down. This was an extra bonus when we parked the shuttle to get pizza/beer on the way down in Tucson. We didn't have to worry about someone stealing our bikes/gear while we were eating.

Our driver (Phil) was a cool guy and got us to the start in good time.

The general consensus was that Gnar Gnar did right by us on this shuttle. I'd definitely use them again.

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    Awesome, man. All good dudes.

Ahhh the pain....
    Jeff said it well...Phil did a great job driving and it was funny to hear him say how the last 5 miles or so to the lake was the craziest yet for Gnar Gnar. Thanks again to Bob and Phil for doing a great job!
    Your limits are both physical and mental. Suffering will help you find and overcome both.
    http://onegear-ray.blogspot.com/

Dirt Bike Craig
    The guys at Gnar Gnar are great!
    Check out my photography on RedBubble http://www.redbubble.com/people/fmxdbc

DFL>DNF>DNS
    Definitely a huge +1 on this!! Well said Jeff.

Thankfully, I managed to show up on time for a change!!
    Ski. Ride. Hike. Be.
    My Two Schillingsworth

parenting for gnarness
    Phil helped me out on Somo last month when i dislocated my finger - saw me at Telegraph and said wait here we'll take you down in a bit. great little local business that helps the community, not just about DHrs.

Shred...it's the new drug
    Glad we could help!!! Phil is definetly an asset to our company as are all of our little gnarly helpers!

Thanks to the community for embracing what we have to offer...Thanks for all the support to keep this thing rolling. Bigger things ahead! We love all things mountain biking...from super crazy nutty gnar to just simple rolling singletrack. We're just big kids on bikes and want to help people get to awesome places to ride them!

If you're not at the Whisky this weekend come out to the Where the Trail Ends Video showing at the FilmBar...Guaranteed to be gnarly! All ages show for the mini-shreds on Saturday. My kid will be there

Thanks team...you all rock!

bland
    Nice work Bob! You're a good guy.