mtbr member
    May 2011

Gnar Gnar Crew and other FR/DH'ers, need some bike advice!

I am in the market for a good bike to learn how to FR/DH on so I can come shred with the Gnar Gnar Crew. I found this on pink bike;

2007 Trek Session 7 medium PRICE DROP!! - Pinkbike.com

What are your thoughts?

I have never done any kind of aggressive FR/DH, just trail riding on my Stumpy FSR.

Thanks fellas!

My other ride is your mom
    Oh thank you 8lb, 7oz baby jesus.....I thought you were going to ask how the best way to Shuttle Hawes goes..........

My 2 cents......anything other than that stumpy FSR is going to feel great for what you want to do......

PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    I would wait and see if you can find something newer say 2009 for that price. Also, are you going to be doing more jumping a la NRA type riding or purely downhill?
    Bender to AZDog: I'm not the best person to give advice on not riding!

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by azdog View Post
    I would wait and see if you can find something newer say 2009 for that price. Also, are you going to be doing more jumping a la NRA type riding or purely downhill?
    Probably a mix, though at the beginning more DH. I plan on riding SoMo with the Gnar Gnar crew, the jumps at Papago and then a weekend here or there up at Sunrise.

PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    I would look for a newer kona stinky. They are great entry level dh/fr bikes and can be found pretty cheap. My other issue with the trek is the single crown which why pay the cash later to upgrade to a dual if you decide to do so rather than pick up a bike that already has one. Older demo's 2008/2009 can be found pretty cheap too now that many of those previous owners are going to the new demo body style. Feel free to post up more pics on this thread of bikes that you see on pink or mtbr that you might be interested in.
    Bender to AZDog: I'm not the best person to give advice on not riding!

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Ok, I found a Stinky that looks to be a good deal and its through a bike rental shop in whistler so less of a chance of getting scammed.

2010 Kona Stinky Garbanzo - $999.99 - Excellent Condition - Pinkbike.com

Thoughts?

Shred...it's the new drug
    That would work for 95% of all the trails in AZ and beyond...Plus you're not coming too much out of pocket to get in the game. Once you grow out of that and start looking for a slacker meaner machine you can save some coin to get a real big sled Welcome to the wonderful world of GNAR!!!

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Marin Quake CL7 Small, Will Negotiate Price - Pinkbike.com
    ^Check it out boss. Ill drop the price a little since I wont have to ship.

mtbr member
    I personally love my Specialized Enduro,with a Talas on the front, DHX 5 air on the back. I used to be on a Stumpy (loved it) but bought this when Specialized was dumping them at season end. I'm a 220 pounder,and this bike does everything. I haven't come across anything in AZ that this bike wasn't overkill for, and it's nice to be able to pedal uphill too when there are no shuttles.