mtbr member

Gloriana TH mess

Gang,

I was in Prescott for business this week. I stopped on the way home at Gloriana to pick up my own empty water containers. There are literally 50 other jugs of assorted size's styles and contents. Some appear to have nice fresh water, some appear to be full and unopened and others yet appear to have some sort of gruel inside that defies the heartiest of appetites.

I would be willing to pick them up.....however, don't want to take someones hidden water source. May I suggest we as the trail users pick up our own litter. Some shooting area's I've seen look better.

If I need to I will if fact clean the whole area, just don't want to screw someones stash up.

Idea's?
    Drinkin the S-Works Kool-aid

mtbr member
    Name and date. If it lacks either, dump it.

Ahhh the pain....
    Steve, I picked up the water jugs that I stashed for the AES ride, so none are from that...
    Your limits are both physical and mental. Suffering will help you find and overcome both.
    http://onegear-ray.blogspot.com/

mtbr member
    Ray,
    I knew you didn't leave any. Jeff, Tim and I did the whole thing last Friday, I left some trash and went to pick mine up and walked around and found jugs all over the place. I REALLY do not mind policing the area myself. Its my way of doing trail maintenance. Besides there are some cool scorpions around

You think I should do what Easy E says? just take everything?

Steve

Ahhh the pain....
    I guess If there are new, unopened jugs, I'd leave them there; could end up getting someone out of a real bind. If they're opened and otherwise questionable, I'd get rid of them. Someday, maybe we'll have a water cabinet there like the one on the AZT at Freeman Rd.
    Your limits are both physical and mental. Suffering will help you find and overcome both.
    http://onegear-ray.blogspot.com/

mtbr member
    Maybe this is why BLM does not want races held without permits? If you are not responsible enough to pick up your belongings then you should not be riding the trail. I am on the BCT committee now, I will bring this up at the next meeting and see if anyone knows anything.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by AKA Monkeybutt View Post
    Maybe this is why BLM does not want races held without permits? If you are not responsible enough to pick up your belongings then you should not be riding the trail. I am on the BCT committee now, I will bring this up at the next meeting and see if anyone knows anything.
    Yeah, Maybe your right on that. I will give it a good clean up next week.