Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Sep 2008

Globe Big Group Shuttle/Holloween Practice 8/22

CHECK THE STICKY POST AT THE TOP OF THE THREADS PAGE

Hey guys, so as many of you know we are working on getting together a race down Ice House for this Holloween. We are thinking of renting a 20-24' stakebed truck and running Bootleg style shuttles for the race, and we wanted to test it out prior to the race. So here is what we were thinking...

Saturday August 22nd
    Big stakebed truck supplied by myself and Steve-O
    Everyone show up and we can have a KICKASS shuttle day in the Pinal Mountains
    We can not technically charge people to do this because of forest service regulations but, these trucks are very expensive for the rental plus mileage and gas and all that good stuff so PLEASE throw down some money if you plan on participating.

How does this sound to everyone? Interested? If there is enough interest I will reserve the truck this week and we will make it happen.
    Last edited by SmokenspokesJoe; 08-13-2009 at 09:05 AM.

Mike-e
    Sweet! I'm in...

Shred...it's the new drug
    uhhhhh...let me think about this for a few. OK, I'M IN! Are you guys planning on doing a little prep work on the trail to get her dialed? With a big group we could get the 'house nice and sweet. Prep work then rip some runs??? Sounds fun, lets do it!

Mike-e
    Anybody want to go up on the 15th or 16th to get the trail ready to go? Last time I rode it was pretty beat, needs some lovin'. With a big enough group we could get it dialed top to bottom. What to you think?

mtbr member
    The 22nd you say?
    I'm IN!

mtbr member
    Sendig in a request to the warden now.
    Got Daytons on the Motha Ship - Cube

Downhill Messiah
    Im In FO SHO!!
    Madspeed always prevails!

mtbr member
    can I come....

OK, here it is BOYS and GIRLS, come and get it

BoB good thinking there fer the trail work. Everyone that rolls out should bring a tool...besides yer bike

Mike-e eat more food,

We'll see what lill jewy has fer us when he gets back from the hill tomorow, rode it last wed. and for the most past its pretty good, a lill buffing and clearing of the trail with a big reroute at the giant root, not sure witch way around that one....thinking up and around or just jump it. the rest just some good old raking and filling...

We'll keep yall posted.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokenspokesSteve-o
    can I come....

OK, here it is BOYS and GIRLS, come and get it

BoB good thinking there fer the trail work. Everyone that rolls out should bring a tool...besides yer bike

Mike-e eat more food,

We'll see what lill jewy has fer us when he gets back from the hill tomorow, rode it last wed. and for the most past its pretty good, a lill buffing and clearing of the trail with a big reroute at the giant root, not sure witch way around that one....thinking up and around or just jump it. the rest just some good old raking and filling...

We'll keep yall posted.
    Definitely down for some trail work.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    WOOOOOOH. I will be heading out there again tomorrow for more scouting and stuff and I will arrange the shuttle setup...PS, if anyone is interested in riding Globe tomorrow I will be there all day with a shuttle driver and a truck...so COME RIDE

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    hey joey what time you leaving 2morrow?
    p.s. this is sam from showlow.

Downhill Spokesmodel
    Why is it always on a Saturday with you people????
    I gotta work Saturdays!
    Have Fun Anyways.
    Now I DRIVE the short bus!!

Help increase ShortBus' rep

A Huckin' Hypocrite

work around

Some work was done on Icehouse Saturday by buddies in the way of raking and moving limbs etc but there are two obstacles that need help. One tree over the trail that just needs a saw and some muscle to clear it as it's not quite high enough to get under. The other is a huge log about 3-4 feet in diameter that would be great for a jump but maybe needs a notch cut into it with a nice dirt ramp up and maybe a way down the backside for those who prefer not to air it. Probably same log SS mentioned.
    On a side note when we arrived a crew of about 20 were headin down to do battle with the fire on Six Shooter so they closed the trail to us. Kind of curious what it looks like.
    Get a bicycle. You will not regret it if you live.
    Mark Twain, "Taming the Bicycle"

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Im leavin 7am tomorrow, wanna roll?

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ShortBusJames
    Why is it always on a Saturday with you people????
    I gotta work Saturdays!
    Have Fun Anyways.
    Quit your job. Whatever we are doing on Saturdays is way better than whatever you are doing at work. Gotta quit haha.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I am down for some trail work and some shuttling on the 22nd. Joey or Steve-o are one of you leaving from Pinetop? I would be down to shuttle to Globe with someone and throw in some gas money (and shuttle truck money) or we can take my taco if she is out of the body shop.

Also is this a one day thing or are you guys camping? And Damn you and your Wednesday mobbing!! Its okay I may hike some candy tomorrow..

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    well i was hopein u weren"t leavin till later in the morning because my bike is finally getting the fork fixed but it wont be done till awhile after ur leaving. and i was gonna see if i could throw down some gas money and ride with u cause i dont have a car right now.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    nevermind i can"t go after all.

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by Kymmster
    On a side note when we arrived a crew of about 20 were headin down to do battle with the fire on Six Shooter so they closed the trail to us. Kind of curious what it looks like.
    There was a small fire in the Six Shooter area, but after talking with some of the fire staff yesterday it was pretty minimal (Thank God). The whole canyon area of Six has been on the radar for a major fire incident for years so thankfully this wasn't "The Big One".

I'm down for the 22nd + 2 sons.

Joey, let me know on the driver....

mtbr member
    Pedaling up builds character.

And, you get to take longer looks at the piles of cow biscuits on 6-shooter.
    -- Evil Patrick

My Music

My Videos

Ride everything! Remember, Elvis died pushing.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BiGWaVeDave
    There was a small fire in the Six Shooter area, but after talking with some of the fire staff yesterday it was pretty minimal (Thank God). The whole canyon area of Six has been on the radar for a major fire incident for years so thankfully this wasn't "The Big One".

I'm down for the 22nd + 2 sons.

Joey, let me know on the driver....
    Good job boys, thanks for all the hard work out there.

hey dave whats upwith the this trail bobtail ridge trail 194????any good fer a bike??

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokenspokesSteve-o
    Good job boys, thanks for all the hard work out there.

hey dave whats upwith the this trail bobtail ridge trail 194????any good fer a bike??
    Bobtail is a connector that starts about .5 miles past the Pinal Mtn. Campground. It drops down to the beginning point of the parking area where the Spring is at the beginning of Six Shooter. There are signs for the trail but you can't really see where it's at unless you've been on it when it was in good shape.

When we first started riding Six back in 2000 or so we used to park and ride down to the Six Shooter trailhead from here. I hiked it this last summer and there was alot of DD (dead & down) trees, and the alignment was tough to follow in alot of spots. It's a decent little connector trail that gets you a little bit more elevation drop but not all that great. With alot of work it could be fun again.

dirt visionary
    We have been working on that connector from the top down to sixer for a few. Its rideable.

Also 194 is a full on ridgeline trail that dumps off the back side and ends at FS 221.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body.

mtbr member

Count me in....

I've always wanted to ride up there and this looks like my best chance. Will bring cash for shuttle.

Paul

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by clockwork
    We have been working on that connector from the top down to sixer for a few. Its rideable.

Also 194 is a full on ridgeline trail that dumps off the back side and ends at FS 221.
    thanks for the heads up Dave, I was talking about the trail clock is talking about, any info on that one fer us...

yes, this is the trail im talking about......194 to 221 FS road...thats what it looks like on the topo map, full on ridge. have you riden this clock??whats it like??how much more of a drive
    ??

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast