How much further ???

Getting stoked for MSP

Im getting extremely excited at the thought of it finally cooling off and have been thinking of riding more in the McDowell Sonoran Preserve. Aside from riding the Sunrise Trail, all my riding has been east valley, Hawes and Pass Mt mostly.

I have no experience with the Windgate, Bell, Tom's Thumb area. I'd plan to park at the Gateway Access lot. Any route suggestions for a newbie to MSP? General advise?
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did." Mark Twain

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Douger-1
    Im getting extremely excited at the thought of it finally cooling off
    You're new here right? Don't hold your breath....
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

How much further ???
    Quote Originally Posted by skinny-tire
    You're new here right? Don't hold your breath....
    New is all relative. Been here since Jan 06. High of 99 this weekend is "cooling" down to me. Another month and it should be golden.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did." Mark Twain

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Douger-1
    New is all relative. Been here since Jan 06. High of 99 this weekend is "cooling" down to me. Another month and it should be golden.
    Dude, do you realized you just jinxed us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going predict that the last 100 degree day we see will be Oct. 3.
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

Break it, Fix it, Ride it
    I've been wanting to get up there too, but its a bit of drive to do in the morning to try and beat the heat. I've got Tom's Thumb and Sunrise on my mind now, then a couple bypasses. Ah, being graduated now is great. FU thesis! (.....just need those cooler temps.....)
    Today's the day I eat bikes.

mtbr member
    if you guys ever want someone to go ride the MSP with ya, fire me a PM. ringtail, lost dog and sunrise are a short ride from my house.

i just moved here (about two months ago) from MN.

i' ve been doing all kinds of loops from my house including lost dog, jeep trail, ringtail, sunrise, paradise, gateway, quartz and am looking for a few regulars to ride with.

one of these saturday morning we should climb up and over the mcdowells and ride down dixie mine? over to pemberton and (shuttle) a vehicle to the other side....that would be fun.

CR
    Maah Daah Hey

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by arctic slalom
    one of these saturday morning we should climb up and over the mcdowells and ride down dixie mine? over to pemberton and (shuttle) a vehicle to the other side....that would be fun.

CR
    Shuttle, who needs a shuttle? It'll be too hot for another two months or so, but search this forum for "Double Bypass" or "Quadruple Bypass" - lots of nice, long loop options to circumnavigate the McDowells, almost all the way on dirt....