Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Friday Shuttles...

6K views 158 replies 17 participants last post by  RidingRiot 
#1 ·
So we have 4 including myself so far... Any others? boyscout 6:30 am someones bringing coffee and donuts

#28 ·
Hell yeah, good mornin'! Started off right with a good cupa joe and a pb&j. We all shuttled up to the top and got to see the sun come up over the ridgeline. Ripped down the trail, nailed all the fun stuff and ripped the trail a new one. Hard to keep up with nannerb, just flows so smooth. Truckee was hot on my heels and monster truck six bringing up the rear until he passed me on upper poligamist only to blow out a sidewall and get passed in return. It was a good place to take in the brown cloud. Finished up javy(mucho divertido) with truckee keeping me honest on the pedal sections. Went back to b.s. to meet up with grefster and crimson to head back up for a geronimo rip. Best G-run ever! Laced every switchback and shredded so hard that my roco blew a seal. I was kinda sketchy with my bailing wire brake spacer but worked just fine. Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket

#36 ·
Yea but kids will eat anything. . .I'm sure you could cut some corners :)

Just got back from my second ride today (hit t100 with dog and lady) now it's off to Mastros to wine and dine and stare at all the yuppies. Gotta dig up a pair of shoes though, all have are bike shoes, hiking shoes and ratty sandles. At least I have black biking socks to wear underneath. . .

G
#38 ·
latedropbob said:
Nope truckee, 2nd...hayes break on wed. Shock today... Yep roco wc. Anyone know a rebuilder?
Only place to get that shock rebuilt is Marzocchi (hope they cover the warranty) or Push, which is about $185.

Push probably would be the quicker option, they usually turn stuff around same week if they are not backed up. Marzocchi, well thats at their leisure...

I had my Roco TST in at Marzocchi for 11 weeks at one point this summer:madmax:

I ended up buying a second shock so that I could just constantly have one being rebuilt...:rolleyes:

#40 ·
wonder if theres room for one more i can push pt back a little to mid afternoon and it wont be too hard for me to get to 46th if you don't mind a slow rider on the uphills. if your still riding on Wed that is

Zipper Says " After 15 months, All the Trails are NEW "

#46 ·
latedropbob said:
I think we're meeting @ boyscout @ 6:30ish... Bringin' the young jedi huh? doodoo, will be good to have you out on the trails again. See ua'll in the morn.
see you there!! But fair warning I might be ten minutes late. Always flying hawaiian time. :rolleyes:

#48 ·
Truckee, we put in some extra runs for you today! Another good weekday mornin'. It was like the hikers were allergic to the trail or sumthin'. Only one that was standing off the trail watching us blaze through. Good riding with rich and the infamous doodoo again. Doo was so stoked at the end of the trip it was bubbling out of his toyota. Brennan and gref had a little high speed train runnin' down the mountian. 24th was the bomb as always and b found out with his tire...booom! Not much carnage today except for gref losing his chain on geronimo only to free wheel it the rest of the way. "Chains, what are chains?" Crimson showed up for the last two g runs and ripped them both. That trail keeps getting faster and faster for me. Luv it! Doodoo thanks again for that extra shuttle to the top. Enjoy some more media.
https://i243.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=https://vid243.photobucket.com/albums/ff279/latedropbob/mountian%20biken/somo%20shuttles/PB200261.flv
Photobucket
what the?
Photobucket
did you see that jedi?
Photobucket
super stoked!!!

#50 ·
Chain...I don't need no stinking chain (voice half cheek and chong half stuart)

Great rides boys and thank you very much Doo doo for the ride!! I finally am making some progress with tuning that double barrel!!! FINALLY!!! Its like buddah now!!

Let the force be with you Doo doo!!

Crimson

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.