pedaller

FOTP virgin no longer...(pictures tell the story)

Last edited by Noelg; 11-30-2008 at 07:44 AM.
    "Nobody ever told me not to try" - Curious George Soundtrack by Jack Johnson

pedaller

pedaller

pedaller

pedaller

pedaller

pedaller

pedaller

pedaller

pedaller

pedaller

pedaller

pedaller

pedaller

pedaller

pedaller

Pivotal figure
    That's one LOONG day in the saddle for sure
    Desert Sunset Calls/Upward, Pain, Perseverance/Welcome Solitude

Happy trails
    Great job to finish on the first go-a-round!
    the day was long but turned out to be a great one.i left my camera in the truck and lost my headphones someplace along the southmountain side.had no other issues otherwise.
    congrats to all that finished.hats off to the guys and gal who did the whole thing SS'n.
    i may give next year a go on the SS, or maybe i'll come to my senses before then.
    thanks to jim and kim for the ride support and the after party,food never tastes so good.
    Aaron

Kathleen in AZ
    I was feeling so sorry for myself Friday morning. I thought about you guys (and gals) all day and wished that I was with the pack flying across National, up 7th Ave, rumbling across T100, then soaring down to Papago and back to the keg. But sh!t happens and we move on. It was great to see everyone at the party and share at least that part of your day. Well done Piggies!!! Noel - you were positively glowing with a great big grin of accomplishment. And Fattrax, congrats on earning biggest piggy and nailing your 2nd flight! Chongoman Bob and dgangi were both riding with injuries and finished strong, way to go. And all you other MTBRers... good to see you too.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Hi, I am just getting back into riding more and was wondering what FOTP stood for? I recognized some of the pics like T100, but the all day ride looked and sounds cool. Not that I could do it now... probably kill me . Also saw the Goat Camp vid by DurlGurl that looks fun too. Anyways just wondering about those. Thanks Jake

i like cheese.
    Congrats Noel...

mtbr member
    Congrats to all who finished!
    Kind of bummed I couldn't make it this year, but as DG said, sh!t happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by azdog View Post
    I think he was born around the time of the Chernobyl fallout which would explain a lot.

Pivotal figure
    It's the annual "Flight Of The Pigs" ride.
    Desert Sunset Calls/Upward, Pain, Perseverance/Welcome Solitude

Saucy Size
    Congrats on popping your piggy cherry, Elno!

I like this year's pin. Very swanky.

p.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by kenbentit
    It's the annual "Flight Of The Pigs" ride.
    thanks.... is it an invite ride or sign up?... found some info on it in the newbe first read section

Just Joshin' ya!
    Quote Originally Posted by jr4asu
    thanks.... is it an invite ride or sign up?... found some info on it in the newbe first read section
    I suggest you do some more research before asking questions or Durtgurl might kick you in the teeth.

Just kidding Kathleen, you know I love you.
    Getting a dropper post is like getting a bidet. I didn't know I needed one until I get one and boy, does my ass thank me.

Kathleen in AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by NMPhi767
    I suggest you do some more research before asking questions or Durtgurl might kick you in the teeth.

Just kidding Kathleen, you know I love you.
    He's new with only a few posts and probably hasn't found the "advanced search" button at the top of the page. I'll cut him some slack this time....

jr4asu - There is a ton of info on this forum and many opportunities to join up with group rides and try new trails in the Phx area. Check out the visitor's sticky at the top and also just browse the threads, especially those with trip reports. There is lots of fun to be had if you're willing to just jump in and try. You are in a mtn biking meca - explore and enjoy! (and buy some knee/shin and elbow guards - you'll thank me on your first big crash)

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by DurtGurl
    He's new with only a few posts and probably hasn't found the "advanced search" button at the top of the page. I'll cut him some slack this time....

jr4asu - There is a ton of info on this forum and many opportunities to join up with group rides and try new trails in the Phx area. Check out the visitor's sticky at the top and also just browse the threads, especially those with trip reports. There is lots of fun to be had if you're willing to just jump in and try. You are in a mtn biking meca - explore and enjoy! (and buy some knee/shin and elbow guards - you'll thank me on your first big crash)
    Sounds good and thanks.... most of the trails I have rode are T100, WT and McDowell loop... as a native I should know more ... I do a lot of offroading on the backside of the WT and out in TM and see some MTR bikers out there but they wouldn't make it on the stuff we do... big rocks

pedaller
    Thanks gang! I really had no idea if I could finish this or not so yes, Durtgurl I was grinning from ear to ear!

If you'd like to read my write up of the event, check out the blog: http://wow-what-a-ride.blogspot.com/...t-of-pigs.html

What a great ride!

mtbr member
    Great stuff Noel. Looks like a fun time.
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

wald=good
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by FATTRAXX
    Great job to finish on the first go-a-round!
    the day was long but turned out to be a great one.i left my camera in the truck and lost my headphones someplace along the southmountain side.had no other issues otherwise.
    congrats to all that finished.hats off to the guys and gal who did the whole thing SS'n.
    i may give next year a go on the SS, or maybe i'll come to my senses before then.
    thanks to jim and kim for the ride support and the after party,food never tastes so good.
    Thanks for the wheel Aaron 7th Ave would have been a long lonely ride other wise
    That was soooo much fun! I may put a shock on next year if I come to my senses by then..lol

JP
    Haro Mary ss

pedaller
    JP - you kicked ass on the fully rigid SS girl! Haro Mary SS rocks! Were you running 32-20? That had to suck on the road...

You & that guy on the cross bike ARE crazy!

Good stuff...
    Last edited by Noelg; 12-01-2008 at 11:26 AM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Noelg
    Thanks gang! I really had no idea if I could finish this or not so yes, Durtgurl I was grinning from ear to ear!

If you'd like to read my write up of the event, check out the blog: http://wow-what-a-ride.blogspot.com/...t-of-pigs.html

What a great ride!

Congrats Noel! What a beast of a ride.......

Tiff

mtbr member
    Congrats Noel!
    The funniest part of the day for me was when we arrived at the keg. Noel found a seat, some food and was cradling his camelback for it's remaining water.
    In a gracious but desperate voice he asked me "Bob can you please get me a beer?" I obliged even though Noel was seated about 6 feet from the keg. Sometimes you just have to help a tired biker out.

pedaller
    ...and that was the BEST tasting beer and hamburger EVER!

Bob - you are the man! Thanks again... I really needed it.

Happy trails

my pleasure...

I may put a shock on next year if I come to my senses by then..lol

JP
    Haro Mary ss[/QUOTE]
    just put a bigger front tire on for some more cush to ease the beating a little
    impressive that you did the first one on a rigid SS.whenever you were behind us on the trail i figured we were slowing you down.at least somebody would have seen me plumet into the mine shaft
    Aaron