Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Flagstaff to Sedona car pool?

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  sodade 
#1 ·
By chance is there anyone on this list in Flagstaff who want's to carpool with me to Sedona?

I can figure out a time to ride EVERY DAY BUT Tuesday and Thursday. Planning on heading down this Friday afternoon.

contact me at: fishman(at)prairienet.org

#2 ·
Hey Fishman...

Is there not good riding in the Flagstaff area? Flagstaff is on my list of places to maybe move to and I assumed that there was a lot of good riding right near the city - wrong? Or is Sedona just that much better?

Sodade

#3 ·
sodade said:
Is there not good riding in the Flagstaff area? Flagstaff is on my list of places to maybe move to and I assumed that there was a lot of good riding right near the city - wrong? Or is Sedona just that much better?

Sodade
His desire to ride in Sedona probably has more to do with the piles of snow all over the Flagstaff trails.

Flag has AMAZING ride. But not always year-round riding.

p.

#4 ·
come on somebody else has to be driving from Flag to Sedona!!!

Paul B said:
His desire to ride in Sedona probably has more to do with the piles of snow all over the Flagstaff trails.
It's not so much the snow as the slush and mud. Snow is fun, slush and mud can be a nightmare. Spent 3 hours washing my bike for 10 minutes of riding (and 30 minutes of walking) on the trail last month. Took my touring/cyclocross bike on a fire road, it's a total mess.

Sedona has some snow right now too, in patches, but trails with southern exposure and rocky/sandy soil are pretty dry.

Sodade, you go ahead and move to Flagstaff and we'll drive to Sedona till things dry-up up here and then ride our asses off all summer amongst the mountains.

#5 ·
cool - where to ride in Flagg?

I want to find a place where I can buy 10-20 acres near some good trails and build a house. What trails should I check out in the Flagg region? How far of a drive is it to Sedona trails?

I have been intimate with Ice and snow here in NE this winter:
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=4573

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.