Thread: Flagstaff...

bland

Flagstaff...

Is beautiful right now! Come and ride!

Elitest thrill junkie
    Planning on some freeride action on Saturday!
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

DFL>DNF>DNS
    I'll be hitting the AZT with the wife on Sat. Glad she's getting back on the bike!!

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Me too, but ssshhhh, here come the white people. BB.....BB.....BB.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Isn't it supposed to rain all weekend? I was going to come up with my fiancee but looks like 40% chance of rain all weekend. Was up in sedona last weekend and 40% turned into a downpour for hours!

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by throwfar
    Isn't it supposed to rain all weekend? I was going to come up with my fiancee but looks like 40% chance of rain all weekend. Was up in sedona last weekend and 40% turned into a downpour for hours!
    Yeah, but only 40% of the time.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Don't base your plans on the forecast. We rode on Sunday in the storm and it was freaking awesome. Bring rain gear and it's all good, the best conditions are during or right after the rain. It's a powder day for mountain biking.

My other ride is your mom
    You must be relatively new to arizona....40% during the monsoon pattern pretty much indicates the "standard, heck if I know forecast" which is the default....much like the May forcast for PHX which will be 85 degrees and sunny for weeks on end.

Just ride, ride early and you'll be fine.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Maadjurguer
    You must be relatively new to arizona....40% during the monsoon pattern pretty much indicates the "standard, heck if I know forecast" which is the default....much like the May forcast for PHX which will be 85 degrees and sunny for weeks on end.

Just ride, ride early and you'll be fine.
    That was my outlook last weekend... guess I just got the worst of it. It was the most rain I have seen in AZ yet but I'm pretty new, its only been 2-3 years and most of it in the valley.

Thanks for the heads up

My other ride is your mom
    That was my outlook last weekend... guess I just got the worst of it.
    You did......there were about 10 days of solid, big fat-style rain up in Flag.......forecast was at 90% with calls for heavy rain every day....very wierd.

mtbr member
    Sedona was great last weekend. I rode even in the rain. It was glorious!!

bland
    I rode yesterday and the dirt was perfect. I made a little video of little gnarly and Schultz. I didn't edit them so they are RAW and UNCUT with no music. YouTube made them look pretty terrible though, maybe I should use vimeo?

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Sick! It's so green out there right now. I'm riding at 4.

mtbr member
    Nice. Where did you mount the camera?
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

bland
    Quote Originally Posted by skinny-tire
    Nice. Where did you mount the camera?
    Right here.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flagstaff...-bikeonloc.jpg  

bland
    Here is the Schultz vid. I tried to put some music on it but I'm kinda dumb. I need to get the HD version of the cam, it would look way better.

Schultz creek trail 8/5/10 from Mr. S. on Vimeo.

DFL>DNF>DNS
    Can anyone recommend a good spot for lunch? In search of pre-ride grub at a local est.

mtbr member
    Nice, you're only a minute or two off of the winning Super D time last month. They started higher, up at the Sunset TH I think but still 12 or 13 min or so to get down Schultz is cooking.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by freeskier46
    Can anyone recommend a good spot for lunch? In search of pre-ride grub at a local est.
    tacos los altos has awesome fish burritos, just east of fourth near arbys on the left off hwy 89. East side of town. There is one on the west side too, but this one is better IMO and it is also near a simple route to bypass the town when heading up to ride.

RHRF!

Nice!

Looks so buff and green... plus, no dust! Good job on the rock garden section @ 9:20.
    "The secret of joy is the mastery of pain." (Anaïs Nin)

bland
    Quote Originally Posted by rockman
    Nice, you're only a minute or two off of the winning Super D time last month. They started higher, up at the Sunset TH I think but still 12 or 13 min or so to get down Schultz is cooking.
    If they ran that race yesterday the winning time would have been in the 11's maybe even 10's. The wind was really bad that day and the trail was super dusty. The conditions are so good lately the only thing holding you back is how strong your legs are. My time at the race was in mid 13. Big props to Lionel beating the pants off of everyone at the super D, he represented the dh crowd with a winning time of 12:15 or something like that. A full minute ahead of the next guy.

titusbro Looks so buff and green... plus, no dust! Good job on the rock garden section @ 9:20.
    Thanks! Oh man its soo good out here. No dust in flagstaff? Can you believe it? That little section has been cleaned up in the last year. I'm not sure how I feel about that but it is faster lately.

Elitest thrill junkie
    Was great today, the rain stopped at around 5pm. Then the sun came out a little later. So wet and cool, it was perfect.