Thread: Flagstaff

mtbr member
    Aug 2009

Flagstaff

I am new to Az, and I was looking at the weather, and saw that Flagstaff is going to be in the 50's this week. How much longer till there is anything rideable up there?

zul
    Will Guide for Beer
    Lots of snow up there this winter. I'd guess that Flag trails will be another 2 months. Late March / early April.

Sedona trail conditions are super primo right now and the 10-day looks sweet!!
    If lovin you is wrong, I don't wanna be right

mtbr member
    My experience here is as long as there isn't a late big snow storm, March with some snow patched in shady spots. April for the higher elevations around the peaks.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Lots of snow this year so far, if we get more late season storms then it could be as long as May before the riding gets good. Keep an eye on the weather, only time will tell. I rode in Sedona yesterday, conditions are awesome! The dirt is as good as it gets, turns feel like powder skiing!

banned
    Those people have some good points, but it's not official until Jayem speaks up with his knowledge.

The .05 percent
    ... were waiting

Elitest thrill junkie
    I can't speak up until Jrock says at least a few more derogatory things.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by sinatorj
    ... were waiting
    Wear goeing too half too wate longar.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

slower than you
    don't get your hopes up for riding in flagstaff any time soon.

the snow notwithstanding, now that precedence has been set for the closure of the woods this winter due to avalanche danger, and during many, many previous summers due to perceived danger of wild-fire, i'm pretty sure the woods will be closed all spring and summer and fall from now on... just because of Danger. general danger. vague threats of danger. of the kind and variety that is hard to categorize, of which you, slackcountry-user are likely unaware but need to be protected from... falling rocks and trees, floods, pestilence, one-armed-men, sundry acts of god, all conspiring to make it too dangerous for you and i to ride; they'll close it for your own good and, sure, you'll hate 'em for it... but someday, when you're older, you'll thank them for their bureaucratic cautiousness... because when they closed the woods that's when you finally learned to play cribbage, put the soffits on the house, earned that graduate degree... all because you had to stay in; all because it was too dangerous to be out there, where all them random Dangers lurk.
    "May your trails be winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view." - Ed Abbey
    http://rockychrysler.com/

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by rockychrysler
    just because of Danger. general danger. vague threats of danger. of the kind and variety that is hard to categorize
    Is that some kind of Sarah-Palin danger?

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Well thank God that someone will look out for me, I can't make any decisions on my own and I'm constantly putting myself in danger. To hell with the wild in wilderness and the freedom to make mistakes, I want SAFETY! Who needs adventure anyway!

banned
    I was hoping for a good Jayem bashing thread, but Rockychrysler had to get all brave new world on us.

It's a slugfest!

Avoid Danger

I can spot danger much like Will's robot.....uncanny....
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "I've got nothing to hoard...."

Members who have read this thread: 0