mtbr member
    Apr 2010

Fire On The Rim Vid

A little vid to get you out and pre-ride this weekend. Come up to Pine, AZ and enjoy the cool temps.. the piney woods and a cold post ride"That Amber" at the brewery...

URL="http://youtu.be/ORwHgeAcwrE"[/URL]

Don't understand why I can't hyper-link address???

mtbr member
    I tried to copy and paste and it is not working? Thanks for trying 90.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Its on the fire on the rim website

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Break it, Fix it, Ride it
    Maybe this is it? The 2012 Preview. Looks like a period snuck into your link. Better to use Embed code anyway, rather than the URL. 45 this year baby!

Today's the day I eat bikes.

Beer Drnkr w/bike problem
    Quote Originally Posted by 90minIPA View Post
    A little vid to get you out and pre-ride this weekend. Come up to Pine, AZ and enjoy the cool temps.. the piney woods and a cold post ride"That Amber" at the brewery...

URL="http://youtu.be/ORwHgeAcwrE"[/URL]

Don't understand why I can't hyper-link address???
    That Video sure wansn't made today, I rode it today and the decent after the water tank was a mudfest. several riders had to stop and clear the tires because they couldn't move any further. I liked it, made for a fun, slippery and sloppy ride that pulled you wherever the trail wanted to. It will be a killer if it's like that on race day but it should be nice and dry.
    "Not drinking is the Single Speed World Championships version of doping" -Jacquie Phelan

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    I rode 2 laps today and the first lap was going great until..... my rear tire became cemented to frame on ranch downhill... amazingly less than 2 hours later on our second lap (around noon) we had no problem with this section.. a little squirrelly but rolled right through..

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Cool vid! Look forward to the race. Anyone know who the artist is that sings the first song?

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Tom Petty .. I'm posting the vid again .. I made a few corrections and shortened it a bit....replaced one song....with G Love doing Cold Beverages. (WE'll need one after the race)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 90minIPA View Post
    I rode 2 laps today and the first lap was going great until..... my rear tire became cemented to frame on ranch downhill... amazingly less than 2 hours later on our second lap (around noon) we had no problem with this section.. a little squirrelly but rolled right through..

Road it Friday around noon. At the tech section, hand to get off and carry the bikes down because the mud was too caked on the tires to turn. It definitely was a mud fest.
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

RNC
    mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Rode the course around 3:00. Downhill section was tacky but tire didn't pick up any mud. It seems like the course cleans up fairly quickly. I will say that the trails felt real sluggish, though they looked dry on the surface. I am hoping that it was not just me and had to do with the conditions. Either way, I am going to still gut out the 30 but I am feeling very underprepared.

Thanks to the guys who worked on the single track. I think it is still difficult enough to reward people with some bike skills but has made it a safer ride for the race. Looking forward to it.

Dave
    Yeah when I went through the mud area it was semi dry too. I started at noon and finished around 2:30. It was a hard climb, wouldn't wan to do that 3x. But I know some who would. NIce track guys. Hope the weather is great for the weekend.
    I need to ride more and work less.

mtbr member
    Okay, I prerode most of the course on Friday. We started at the school, and then went up to Hardscrabble. The course was pretty well marked, until we got down at the bottom of the muddy hill. Since most of that was walking down the hill because the mud was gunking up the wheels, we didnt' want to risk more mud, so we took the highway from Strawberry back to Pine.

Is the technical section mention earlier *after* that section, or was it the hill we climbed down (miles 8.7 to 10.3 on the included Strava map.

Mountain Bike Ride Profile | 13miles near Pine | Times and Records | Strava
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

RNC
    mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    The technical section parallels the highway that you rode from Strawberry to Pine.