mtbr member

Fire on Rim: Better Map?

Anybody have a better map than the one on the website? I'm not entirely sure where the S/F line is, or what parts of the course are on private property.

Heading up Friday, and going to ride some of the trail--the hill and I guess the tech section at a min. Either of those on the private property?
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

Break it, Fix it, Ride it
    This is all I got. It's from last year, so won't have any changes they might have made. Maybe you can download the hi-res form my album - just click the pic, it should link to there. The only private property I know of is at about miles 6ish-maybe-around-there, which is around where the trail starts to climb Strawberry Mountain. I think before the climb, down in the flats is where the private property starts. The climb and techy parts should be free and clear.

The start/finish was at the school in pine. It's around where the track is boxy on the east side, just before heading up Hardscrabble Rd.

Today's the day I eat bikes.

parenting for gnarness
    Quote Originally Posted by Dag Nabbit View Post
    This is all I got. It's from last year, so won't have any changes they might have made. Maybe you can download the hi-res form my album - just click the pic, it should link to there. The only private property I know of is at about miles 6ish-maybe-around-there, which is around where the trail starts to climb Strawberry Mountain. I think before the climb, down in the flats is where the private property starts. The climb and techy parts should be free and clear.

The start/finish was at the school in pine. It's around where the track is boxy on the east side, just before heading up Hardscrabble Rd.

Dag, how much elevation per lap? how tech is the tech, or is this dirt-roadie tech?

Quote Originally Posted by chollaball View Post
    Dag, how much elevation per lap? how tech is the tech, or is this dirt-roadie tech?
    The tech is good tech, but not SoMo tech. You won't need shin guards. There're some chunky rocks and tight turns on the trail that runs south on the northeast part of Strawberry Mt. There's not a lot of it, but I found it quite refreshing for an XC race, and rather surprised. I wished there was more of it.

Here I am nailing this wicked drop, working my way into the tech section, so you know how sweet it is. Since when do race photogs give photos away for free?! huh, Epic?!

TF gives me 2500ft/lap. The climb up Hardscrabble is 900ft of it.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    All parts should be flagged and easily visible. Start finish is on Bradshaw... you follow this to Hardscrabble and ride up .. when you top out you go approx 2 miles to ranch turn off another 1.5ish to track through. Glad to show anyone around.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 90minIPA View Post
    All parts should be flagged and easily visible. Start finish is on Bradshaw... you follow this to Hardscrabble and ride up .. when you top out you go approx 2 miles to ranch turn off another 1.5ish to track through. Glad to show anyone around.

Are you free Friday a.m., say around 6:30/7?

mtbr member
    I logged about 2060' of climbing per 15 mile lap last year.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    I work on Friday... going up friday eve

mtbr member
    I work on Friday... going up friday eve

No worries. Sorry, I assumed you lived up in Payson.

I can't make Saturday or Sunday.

RNC
    mtbr member
    Jan 2011

Just to be clear, I believe the race start and finish has moved. It used to be at the school near Hardscrabble (which is what the old map shows) but is now on Bradshaw (just a little south of Harscrabble). I rode it a month ago and figure the actual course is a little over a mile longer than last year's 15 mile course.

I am going to pre-ride it Saturday afternoon with my wife and a couple of others who are doing the race. We are all in for the 30 (32!) miler.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012

lap times

What is an average time per lap, I know there are a lot of variables just looking for the middle of the road type time.
    Thanks

RNC
    mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    I got 6th out of 11 people last year in the Open Men's 30-miler, which makes me about as average as they come. I ran a 1:37 and a 1:50.

I did about 1:45 laps. For the 30 miler I finished in 3:32.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011

Would you happen to have this year's total mileage per lap? I see 14.5 on the website but is that last year's mileage? I know it's changed a little so I wasn't sure. Thanks!

RNC
    mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    We rode it Saturday and the Garmin said it was 16.3 miles.

Beer Drnkr w/bike problem
    Quote Originally Posted by WOOD MASTER View Post
    What is an average time per lap, I know there are a lot of variables just looking for the middle of the road type time.
    Thanks
    FIRE ON THE RIM - Presented by Hike Bike and Run

This should have the answer.
    "Not drinking is the Single Speed World Championships version of doping" -Jacquie Phelan

parenting for gnarness
    any details on food\water stop? and where on the course? Trying to sort out my gear and water for either 2 refills or carrying everything i need for 45.

RNC
    mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Last time they had three or four aid stations along the course that had water. I don't remember them having any food. And they also had a little solo alley where you could have your gear stashed so you could refill at each lap. Weather looks like it should be cool in the morning, so hopefully we won't have to be carrying too much water to survive.