Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    mtbr member
    Jan 2012

Shot this a couple of weeks ago and just got around to posting it. Hope everyone likes it.

mtbr member
    Nice little Video!
    Last Thursday was my 5 week "anniversary" from snapping my wrist on "the Secret-Luge."
    I thought that I was pretty-much "fine," and tried to ride my "66" yesterday over to the-Shop (Ultimate Cycles).
    I thought this would be fine -- better than an actual Road-Bike because the "66" has 26" x 1.85 tires on it inflated to 60 lbs. vs the skinnier-tired Road-Bike tires w/120lbs. in them.
    Nope.
    Hurt like Heck just riding to the shop and back.
    Nevertheless, this-Thursday Night we're again "Hosting the Thr.NR / Fun-Fest".
    Charge your lights and be here early enough to pedal-off at 6:30 pm.
    * We're probably going to ride "Mulligan" to "Westar-Hill Singletrack;" and then once over "the-hill" will hook up onto "Lum Wash" to take us OUT to "F.I.N.S."
    This'll be my first-ride back, and I'm going slower / cautiously, but you DON'T have to wait for me! I'll probably do less miles than others, and will head-back to open up the garage / Beer-Fridge early; and get the Dart-Board and Cornholer games ready too.
    Bring what ya' want to throw in the fridge to keep it cold until our return -- probably about 8:00 - 8:30-ish.
    Brian "Harvey" Roberts

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Harv, Sorry to hear that you broke your wrist too. It sucks. I broke mine at the top of Grunt on the day before Thanksgiving. I had 9 screws and a metal plate put in. It took me about 8 weeks to be able to support myself and steer the bike without hurting my wrist. I bought some 661 wrist supports. They help to take some of the strain off my repaired wrist, and I'm getting better each time I ride.

mtbr member
    Might be heading out there for the first tomorrow. Wheres the best place to park, and does anyone have a suggested route?

mtbr member
    I ahve parked at Westar Elementary in the past. There is also a turn out just past the school that gets filled up quick. If parking at a school freaks you out, just park at Safeway and ride in from there. Hit up Strava for some entry points and route ideas. I just ride around and around when I have gone there alone and never regretted it. You will enjoy it Mark.
    Find a ride on FB> AZ MTB

"Uppercase with a space"

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark194 View Post
    Might be heading out there for the first tomorrow. Wheres the best place to park, and does anyone have a suggested route?
    South on Estrella Parkway, than take a right on Westar. Go down Westar, pass a school on left. Keep going until you see the trailhead on left (looks like barriers for a future road) immediately after trailhead, there is a Parkin lot on the right. It is hard to suggest a 'preferred' route, as most trails are pretty short, but all are fun both ways(except for hurl and shooting star are one way trails). There are lots of maps around. I highly recommend making sure you do grunt both ways. Also shooting star is fun, and make it so the hurl is your exit, possibly from the very top. Fun.
    “Think of bicycles as rideable art that can just about save the world.”
-Grant Petersen

AZ
    banned
    You can park at the school on Weststar just up the street or at the trail head.

FINS Kimurel's Hurl-screenshot-12-.jpg

mtbr member
    thanks for the info guy's, I will check it out tomorrow…

mtbr member
    Very fun place to ride! Had a blast out there

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    There is also an impromptu parking lot just across from FINS. It use to be utilized by a builder to show model homes. Directly across from FINS to the Northwest. Dirt parking lot.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4