Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    mtbr member

Typo?

>>> Have you all thought about putting wire over the woof ala BC??

Wire over the woof?

Did ya' mean "Wood?"

Guessing so.

Nope, the paint that Mural & Kim and I put-down has crushed Walnut-Shells in it for traction.

HRV
    out
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FINS Kimurel's Hurl-painting-kimurals-hurl_-2.jpg  

Brian "Harvey" Roberts

Just Joshin' ya!
    Bless you all for creating this place. I don't know who all is responsible for building FINS, but it is great!

I rode it this morning and it really is like Disney Land for bikes. It has enough mileage and climbing to keep better riders challenged and yet it is somehow flat enough to allow beginner fatties (like I once was) to figure out how to ride without killing themselves.

KiMural's Hurl, while short, is loads of fun. Once again, challenging enough for good riders, but easy enough for someone relatively new to the sport. I also liked the trails called grunt and exposure. They were lots of fun to climb on my Niner Jet 9.

Thank you to the builders! I will definitely be bringing some friends out this weekend.
    What do we want? TIME TRAVEL! When do want it? THAT'S IRRELEVANT!

mtbr member
    Here: FINS Goodyear, AZ - YouTube is a video of the Hurl and first it shows Kim's Klimb that I use to loop run the hurl. Also has the few runs from Pastry Pass down Stone Throne.
    I also crashed today on the hurl lol, I knew my time was coming haha. Made some mistakes just before the wood and bit it and slid flat on my stomach head first down the trail haha. Pretty tight. I was recording but for some reason I hit so hard the recording just disappeared and since I was using a chesty, i destroyed the plastic case for the gopro. Too bad, would have loved to see that crash over again.
    Last edited by tsefreeflow; 12-28-2012 at 09:11 PM. Reason: Stone Throne not Throw lol!
    Tie two birds together and though they have four wings, they cannot fly!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tsefreeflow View Post
    Here: FINS Goodyear, AZ - YouTube is a video of the Hurl and first it shows Kim's Klimb that I use to loop run the hurl. Also has the few runs from Pastry Pass down Stone Throw.
    I also crashed today on the hurl lol, I knew my time was coming haha. Made some mistakes just before the wood and bit it and slid flat on my stomach head first down the trail haha. Pretty tight. I was recording but for some reason I hit so hard the recording just disappeared and since I was using a chesty, i destroyed the plastic case for the gopro. Too bad, would have loved to see that crash over again.
    Not sure why, but when I go to watch it, it says that the video is not available in my country. I know I live in Waddell, and that I'm pretty far west, but wow.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tysonnemb View Post
    Not sure why, but when I go to watch it, it says that the video is not available in my country. I know I live in Waddell, and that I'm pretty far west, but wow.
    Nice, Youtube blocked it in some countries including the US lol. I'll put it somewhere else and retry

Pivotal figure
    Try using Vimeo. They aren't so militant with the music selections...
    Desert Sunset Calls/Upward, Pain, Perseverance/Welcome Solitude

mtbr member
    Look below
    Last edited by tsefreeflow; 12-29-2012 at 12:40 AM.

mtbr member
    Ok Vimeo with music is here: https://vimeo.com/56454531
    Youtube with no music is here: FINS Goodyear, AZ - No Music - YouTube

Alive and Lurkin'
    Went out there yesterday afternoon, 4hrs this time. Met Chris...cool dude...lots of work. He installed a sweet little hip/table/lip near the bottom of Kimurel's Hurl. Just a little lean to the right as you jump, great for mini whips!!!
    Pumpin & Pimpin

mtbr member
    You met Chris Alveraz,
    he IS "Berm-Maestro" out there!!!
    * He's also Chris -- as in: Chris's Chaos that shoots-down from Jim's Star Pass; and he's pretty-darn-talented on a bike too!
    Brian "Harvey" Roberts

Alive and Lurkin'
    Quote Originally Posted by phichibri View Post
    You met Chris Alveraz,
    he IS "Berm-Maestro" out there!!!
    * He's also Chris -- as in: Chris's Chaos that shoots-down from Jim's Star Pass; and he's pretty-darn-talented on a bike too!
    Yep that's the dude
    Pumpin & Pimpin

mtbr member
    Video of JP flying down the Hurl at night. Awesome and wicked fast!
    Starva KOM??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLykUnwAwmY&sns=em

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Thanks a trillion!
    We rode FINS N two days ago; a really fun area; unfortunately found out that we did the Grunt backwards, but that was still fun.
    A nice change;ie short trails and different scenry, from Gold Canyon.
    You guys and gals did a nice job on the Hurl also; and don't worry, you aren't competing with North Shore....yet!
    Cheers
    TS

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Me and my partners in crime rode much of FINS about 2 weeks ago, to include Kimurel's Kurl, and thoroughly enjoyed it. The first time you go down it, the pucker factor will elevate considerably, but it is a FUN section. We met SikkFreeRider at the top of the Kurl as he was getting ready to check it out for the first time. Spent a few minutes chatting and checking out his TallBoy, while he scoped out my Rip9. Hard to wrong with either.

I gotta go along with Blatant though, as much as I had a good time and deeply admire the skills and efforts of those who built the trail, it was not entirely my cup of tea. Maybe because Cliff and I had to drive 80 minutes or so to get there, and I guess it was much smaller than I anticipated. I was able to ride most everything we attempted out there, though I did fall and bust my a$$ (literally), while standing with one leg draped over the bike. I don't mean to sound critical, because I did enjoy it and would ride it again, but only on a very intermittent basis. I guess the bottom line is, I have trails (Hawes, K-Trail, etc.) much closer to my house that I enjoy more. If I lived in the West Valley, it would probably be different.
    Without heroes, we are all plain people, and don't know how far we can go. Bernard Malamud

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Kinda feeling like I trashed the hard work of the guys that built this trail, and don't want to come across that way. There are some terrific features on this trail, and I personally found that an 8 mile ride was pushing me further than I care to admit. This trail, or parts of it, are INTENSE and will make you earn every inch. There was some serious planning that went into utilizing the natural features of a fairly small parcel of land, and I tip my hat to the trail builders. Y'all done good!
    Without heroes, we are all plain people, and don't know how far we can go. Bernard Malamud

mtbr member
    Oct 2010

Cant say enough about he work

that the locals have put into this place. Like scooter dude says, the use of a rather small Parcel and the creativity is if off the charts. I have ridden lots of trails in many states and have yet to see this kind of dedication and work into a super cool little trail network. I will ride again this week. My 3rd time in 2 weeks and I cant wait. Hat is off to you guys. Thank you.

mtbr member
    Xoxo
    Brian "Harvey" Roberts

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Hey Harv,
    I have a suggestion, maybe we could post a sign on Kimurels Hurl as a "one way only" i almost mowed some poor hiker over this morning. I apologized to her and it was all good ( just keeping relations with the hikers ) The new lips on the jumps are awesome and especially love the step-up at the end now, Great job guys!

mtbr member
    Great Idea!

Yeah, Hikers will get RUN OVER if we don't do something.

Thanks, and happy New Year JM27.
    Brian "Harvey" Roberts

mtbr member
    here is some of my go pro footage from today! pretty fun

FINS Kimurels Hurl on Santa Cruz Tall Boy LT - YouTube
    My Girl friend said, " it's not about how LONG your travel is... its's how well you use it!"

mtbr member
    Great video.

Alive and Lurkin'
    PSA, I found Kermit today (and his gang of friends)
    Pumpin & Pimpin

Maui Grown

Saturday 1/19

Anyone riding Kimurel's Hurl on Saturday? I would like to check it out but have never been to the Estrellas before. Anyone want to go for a ride and show me around? Thanks.

mtbr member
    I will be out there Sunday.

Edit: As you were. I will be hitting the gun show Sunday morning in an attempt to find some ammo for my new carry pistol. Then I am hitting the range to kill some paper.

Sent using my fat thumbs!
    Last edited by Danielrg_usa; 01-19-2013 at 08:17 AM.

mtbr member
    Awesome! Can't wait to check it out on Monday.
    TurnDriverSide.com - Motorsports Photography

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast