mtbr member
    Sep 2009

Felt like a newbie!

Well, for a variety of reasons, I have been off the bike for 6 weeks. Last night, my old friend convinced me to join the Tues night ride with the gang from Performance. OMG, what an eye opener that was! Lesson learned, don't abandon your bike for 6 days, let alone 6 weeks! I swear to God, I was so spent I nearly threw up on one steep uphill. I had to cut the ride short and take surface streets back. EMBARASSING! Better get busy, weather's starting to cool and riding season will soon be upon us.

Meatbomb
    I've been off mine for a few weeks too,,, looking forward to the cooler weather so I can get in afternoon rides that my schedule permits .

mtbr member

No kidding

I suffered the same ills. Off the bike for about 6 weeks after 2 years of a steady 3~4 rides a week. Man, it doesn't take long to lose a lot of ability. I kicked back in gear about 3 weeks ago, and I am just finally getting close to where I left off after about 10 rides, I lost a lot of technical skill in descending switchbacks, and cannot clean the climbs like Widowmaker up Mormon and the short steep ones on Javelina that I was able to scoot right up at the beginning of summer...

So that was a big group wrapping up at sundown in the Pima lot last night, how many riders were with the Cactus group?
    Check my pulse...

SamuraiBunnyGuy
    i've only gotten in 3 rides in all year,, i've written 2010 off completely for riding... work work work work work.... bleh...

im4Gsus
    who you calling old????? i'm insulted!! LOL

stay back on that bike and you'll be back in shape in no time! road riding will help too.

Quote Originally Posted by scooter_dude
    ...Last night, my old friend convinced me to join the Tues night ride with the gang from Performance...
    "If God is your co-pilot you're in the wrong seat!" S Barrington